PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Racing Harnesses on a 4-door?!

teh_mugen18
05-19-2009, 09:07 PM
How is it that people can put racing harnesses in a car that has the back doors? I know, people always say that its best to just get a harness bar, either that or take out the back seats. Well, as im currently aware, some 4-door cars do not get the luxury of "Lets bolt in a harness bar and call it a day!". So what would some of you all do if you had a 4-door car, wanted to put racing harnesses into it, and didnt want to install a harness bar? You could take out the back seats..?:thinking: NOT.

So what would some of you all out there do if you wanted to have racing harnesses in your car and still retain the functionality and looks of having an actual 4-door car?

Revmaynard
05-19-2009, 09:08 PM
I think your car is too fast for harness', you just need to go with a lot of duct tape.

teh_mugen18
05-19-2009, 09:09 PM
I think your car is too fast for harness', you just need to go with a lot of duct tape.

LOL this aint about me.

EDIT: OR my car. OR her. :screwy:

Revmaynard
05-19-2009, 09:10 PM
It's about her, I know.

yungdz
05-19-2009, 09:11 PM
if you dont want to use a harness bar and do it right then dont go with harnesses.

D3UC3S
05-19-2009, 09:14 PM
this is randomly funny....lol

BTW: U cant retain functionality of a four door and have racing harnesses...unless u drive without a seatbelt on and then you are just dumb.

OR...keep the stock belts in and when u have passengers just use them...u shouldnt be "racing" with passengers anyways....my .02

EP3sAreFun
05-20-2009, 05:07 PM
one of these thingies
http://www.bergmanracingsupply.com/store/images/Bolt-in%20Roll%20Cage.jpg

yungdz
05-20-2009, 05:28 PM
this is randomly funny....lol

BTW: U cant retain functionality of a four door and have racing harnesses...unless u drive without a seatbelt on and then you are just dumb.

OR...keep the stock belts in and when u have passengers just use them...u shouldnt be "racing" with passengers anyways....my .02

with a harness bar you can still use the rear seats. It just makes it a little less comfortable for the rear passengers.

http://jalopnik.com/5260860/subaru-sti-hits-two-trees-at-speed-flips-twice-everyone-survives

Elbow
05-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Roll bar, roll cage, or expect injuries in a wreck, the end.

Cool Cat Racing
05-20-2009, 08:00 PM
My guess is you're not going to use proper seats either so I'd just get a G-lock and save your spine. 95% of the harnesses I see are installed wrong and are safety hazards and 100% of them installed without a cage or harness bar are installed wrong. If you're not willing to spend the money to do it right then don't do it at all. It is possible to install them in a 4 door without impeding the rear seats but you're probably going to have to fabricate a harness bar setup and change your seats. And also keep in mind that a harness bar alone is not adequate for any real crashes or anything more than autocross. And if done properly its going to be at least 3 bars.

Ran
05-22-2009, 01:09 PM
They do make harness bars with removable sections. This could allow you to have harnesses for events but then also allow you to remove the bar for daily functionality. Might be an option to consider. Also, it's highly ill-advised to put a full cage in your street car unless you plan on wearing a helmt all the time to keep you skull from cracking on it.