puregroove
ZG
Rt132KP61
GarageZero

Maybe:
Lex

Glides
05-19-2009, 10:54 AM
That ain't a road trip, that's a safari. I'll go only if you ride with me. :goodjob:

AlliRae
05-19-2009, 11:04 AM
That ain't a road trip, that's a safari. I'll go only if you ride with me. :goodjob:

hahaha you're crazy.

BABY J
05-20-2009, 08:35 AM
You SERIOUSLY want to drive to CA?? I mean don't bull-shit b/c every1 knows that you can find pictures of any car I own in places that are very far away - LOL. Don't hype me up to drive the 510 or 1st Gen Civic out there just to back out at the last minute. I'm DEFINITELY game for this shit!

sikfricks
05-20-2009, 09:01 AM
Oct 3 2009

http://www.japaneseclassiccarshow.com/

There's a nice video first page.

thats my b day you wanna take me

AlliRae
05-20-2009, 03:56 PM
i mean... it could be fun....

Total Estimated Time: 32 hours 16 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 2177.20 miles
Total Estimated Fuel Cost: $266.49

- had to mapquest it...

BABY J
05-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Well you let me know... I'm game for sure. That's my kinda shit.

AlliRae
05-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Well you let me know... I'm game for sure. That's my kinda shit.

...start savin... i'm ready to go... well after i get some type of soft top for the datsun lol

BABY J
05-20-2009, 04:13 PM
I don't need to save -- I will be ready. I'll see if the other old skool peeps trust their boxes of bolts for a good old cross-country run.

puregroove
05-20-2009, 09:28 PM
hmmm... Oct. 3rd. Plenty of time to plan for this. I would love to document the road trip. We'll see.

Glides
05-21-2009, 12:00 AM
The Starlet will make it. Not only will it make it, she will do it spitting flowers and love beads out of her tailpipe.

LeX
05-21-2009, 01:14 AM
if i come into a great amount of money!

Big_Dave
05-21-2009, 01:39 AM
John and I are kicking around the idea. I'll give Greg at Grassroots a call and see if he'll be driving out from Florida. Maybe we could get some kind of sponsorship to drive a bunch of beaters across the good old US of A. I'd like to have a shot of a bunch of our cars on the Hoover Dam. 24 Hours of Lemons don't got shit on this.
I thought you sold your roadster.

puregroove
05-21-2009, 07:37 AM
This haz the possibility of epik proportioness!! :yes:

BABY J
05-21-2009, 07:50 AM
TOTALLY --

toolbox / spare voltage regulator / fuses / gatorade (AC? what's that??) / coolant / oil / rad hoses / 2 way radios

Food and gas are easy and we can all look out for each other in the food department. Allie Cat you can add me to the 1st post... I'm in!

LeX
05-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Dave and John if you get a sponsorship for fuel count me in haha

AltimaCharlie
05-21-2009, 10:09 AM
i'd love to do this, bet the wife would hate it. i could roll the crown with my camper on the back. i cant afford hotels.

AlliRae
05-22-2009, 01:07 PM
John and I are kicking around the idea. I'll give Greg at Grassroots a call and see if he'll be driving out from Florida. Maybe we could get some kind of sponsorship to drive a bunch of beaters across the good old US of A. I'd like to have a shot of a bunch of our cars on the Hoover Dam. 24 Hours of Lemons don't got shit on this.
I thought you sold your roadster.

yea i tried... didnt sell... i guess she wants to stay. lol. That whole sponsorship idea might work out pretty well... I'd help "call" people if that's what needs to get done. Speaking of which... i need to talk to you guys about some body work.

i'd love to do this, bet the wife would hate it. i could roll the crown with my camper on the back. i cant afford hotels.

that's what i'm talking about... I'm down with camping...

tdurr
05-22-2009, 02:49 PM
omg. if i get a job i might do it. lol

Big_Dave
05-23-2009, 03:15 AM
Yup! Camp on the way out and back, My sister lives in Hollywood, I'm sure she would be cool with a few people staying with her.
Greg from Grassroots said for us to document the trip and show, and he might could work it in to an artcle for the magazine. He said he wouldn't be going to JCCS, this year.

X-Runner
05-23-2009, 03:28 AM
I'm out here right now driving back to Atlanta, drive is nice. Not to bad. I'd be game, wonder if the wagon would make it? LOL

quickdodgeŽ
05-23-2009, 06:11 AM
I'm out here right now driving back to Atlanta, drive is nice. Not to bad. I'd be game, wonder if the wagon would make it? LOL

That would suck for to chance that for nothing, though, lolol. Later, QD.

X-Runner
05-23-2009, 10:53 AM
That would suck for to chance that for nothing, though, lolol. Later, QD.

Me and my friend that are out here now plan to make the drive back out here in the wagon in a few months, should be an adventure.

BABY J
05-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Yeah - CA to GA is a good ride --- I prefer the northern route, but the southern route is fine too.

quickdodgeŽ
05-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Me and my friend that are out here now plan to make the drive back out here in the wagon in a few months, should be an adventure.

I was talking about you going for nothing if you took the wagon to JCCS. Later, QD.

Echonova
05-24-2009, 03:34 PM
I was talking about you going for nothing if you took the wagon to JCCS. Later, QD.He can't just go to look at cars? Who cares if he's not OMG old school jap. So what if he isn't "permitted" to enter into the show. Can he not look around at all the other cool old cars? Half the fun is the journey is it not, especially in a old car? If he brings the wagon and breaks down are you not going to stop and help because he's not JCCS material. No, you guys would stop because it's the right thing to do.

Snobbery is rampant in the JCCS if you want my opinion, but you don't, but that's ok because I'm going to give it to you anyway.:tongue1:

Echonova
05-24-2009, 09:10 PM
He can't just go to look at cars? Who cares if he's not OMG old school jap. So what if he isn't "permitted" to enter into the show. Can he not look around at all the other cool old cars? Half the fun is the journey is it not, especially in a old car? If he brings the wagon and breaks down are you not going to stop and help because he's not JCCS material. No, you guys would stop because it's the right thing to do.

Snobbery is rampant in the JCCS if you want my opinion, but you don't, but that's ok because I'm going to give it to you anyway.:tongue1:Reps to myself because everyone else is too scared to say so in public.

BABY J
05-24-2009, 09:14 PM
LOL.

quickdodgeŽ
05-24-2009, 09:38 PM
He can't just go to look at cars? Who cares if he's not OMG old school jap. So what if he isn't "permitted" to enter into the show. Can he not look around at all the other cool old cars? Half the fun is the journey is it not, especially in a old car? If he brings the wagon and breaks down are you not going to stop and help because he's not JCCS material. No, you guys would stop because it's the right thing to do.

Snobbery is rampant in the JCCS if you want my opinion, but you don't, but that's ok because I'm going to give it to you anyway.:tongue1:

Make sure you look into my post too deep now. Later, QD.

tdurr
05-25-2009, 01:16 AM
lol wtf happened on this page?

Big_Dave
05-25-2009, 10:59 AM

I've met you at a couple of last years old school meets, and your a cool guy, with some awesome kids. I have agreed with many of your posts on IA. I'm going to assume your quote "snobbery is rampant in the JCCS" Is not about the (J)apanese (C)lassic (C)ar (S)how that this thread is about. Rather, it is aimed at the people of the old school meets, and in the Old School forum here on IA. Maybe you've mistaken the unity and identity we have established for "snobbery". I bet, if I were to try to post about old subarus and Datsun 1200's, on 240 atlanta or even in a "SEXYPANTS" thread here on IA, My type of cars would be shunned. Would that be snobbery on the 240 guys part? or would it be thought of as an inconsiderate threadjacking on my part? Are you posting on this thread to go to Cali. or threadjack?

Yes we would stop and help the Volvo, and I don't mind anyone riding out to see the JCCS, we probably need some new cars to ride along with us for support. Lol. :2cents:

AlliRae
05-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Yes we would stop and help the Volvo, and I don't mind anyone riding out to see the JCCS, we probably need some new cars to ride along with us for support. Lol. :2cents:

... the newer cars are great extra part/spare tire/rain suit (for some of us) carriers. :D

AlliRae
05-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Make sure you look into my post too deep now. Later, QD.

you haven't mentioned if you are coming/want to come or not?

Firgured you would've said something about us all being crazy by now... :)

quickdodgeŽ
05-25-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm not going. Too late of notice.

I'm shooting for next year. Later, QD.

Echonova
05-25-2009, 06:40 PM
I've met you at a couple of last years old school meets, and your a cool guy, with some awesome kids. I have agreed with many of your posts on IA. I'm going to assume your quote "snobbery is rampant in the JCCS" Is not about the (J)apanese (C)lassic (C)ar (S)how that this thread is about. Rather, it is aimed at the people of the old school meets, and in the Old School forum here on IA. Maybe you've mistaken the unity and identity we have established for "snobbery". I bet, if I were to try to post about old subarus and Datsun 1200's, on 240 atlanta or even in a "SEXYPANTS" thread here on IA, My type of cars would be shunned. Would that be snobbery on the 240 guys part? or would it be thought of as an inconsiderate threadjacking on my part? Are you posting on this thread to go to Cali. or threadjack?

Yes we would stop and help the Volvo, and I don't mind anyone riding out to see the JCCS, we probably need some new cars to ride along with us for support. Lol. :2cents:Wow, ummm the last line was a joke. But re-reading it I can see that my normal perfect comedic timing and sentence stucture was off. You guys are cool as hell. :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUwnqv-7HwY&feature=PlayList&p=F99227D735FC11AC&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=13

mike's02ls1
05-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Shit I'm game.... I will be only 8-10 hours away when this show comes to town..

quickdodgeŽ
05-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Wow, ummm the last line was a joke. But re-reading it I can see that my normal perfect comedic timing and sentence stucture was off. You guys are cool as hell. :cheers:

Well it seems you completely missed what I was getting at with your rant to me. Later, QD.

Big_Dave
06-04-2009, 01:17 AM
We're still on the MAYBE side of the fence, but we are leaning towards the GOING side.

BABY J
06-04-2009, 08:50 AM
HELL YEAH!!!! I'm in 100%

puregroove
06-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Here's the google maps link: http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=8800+Irvine+Center+Drive,+Irvine,+CA+92 618+(Hidden+Valley+Park)&geocode=%3BFRpeAQId7lv7-CHRsGCPAbKoBQ&dirflg=&saddr=Atlanta,+GA&f=d&dq=Hidden+Valley+Park,+loc:+Irvine,CA&sll=33.657743,-117.76804&sspn=0.032844,0.056118&cid=407771486047219921&ie=UTF8&z=5

X-Runner
06-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Thats the route I took a few weeks ago. I-40 sucks, that is a long 1600 miles. Nothing but desert to look at.

BABY J
06-04-2009, 03:15 PM
It's bearable until u get west of OKC. I'd def rather take the northern route than the southern route tho. Caravan + 2 way radios should make it fun tho. :)

puregroove
06-04-2009, 03:22 PM
It's bearable until u get west of OKC. I'd def rather take the northern route than the southern route tho. Caravan + 2 way radios should make it fun tho. :)

--and don't forget the HD cam. :yes:

AlliRae
06-05-2009, 04:27 AM

true true.... gotta love the two way radios.

got a top for the datsun... now just making sure I have all the pieces parts to put it on. Got a spare parts car (2000 model) that I'm going to grab some rear axles out of. umm lets see... that's about it then on to making it run good.

puregroove
06-05-2009, 06:56 AM
then on to making it run good.

+1 [for my car] and take spare parts on the road trip.

BABY J
06-05-2009, 09:06 AM
I've had mine out west before... she's super reliable. I'll grab some coolant hoses (for you fuckers, not me - LOL), voltage regulator, primary wire, white clothes hangars (to fix your fucker's raggedy ass exhausts), coolant, cheapest oil I cna find, and tool box. MAN I'm getting stoked about this shit already.

AlliRae
06-05-2009, 01:47 PM
I've had mine out west before... she's super reliable. I'll grab some coolant hoses (for you fuckers, not me - LOL), voltage regulator, primary wire, white clothes hangars (to fix your fucker's raggedy ass exhausts), coolant, cheapest oil I cna find, and tool box. MAN I'm getting stoked about this shit already.

you have no idea how excited you made me about this whole trip after reading that post....

....here datsun datsun datsun.... lemme touch you

AlliRae
06-05-2009, 01:48 PM
+1 [for my car] and take spare parts on the road trip.

there will def be enough spare parts to rebuild a car... might be half toyota and half honda... but it will run lol

BABY J
06-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Toyonda Corrollic

mike's02ls1
06-05-2009, 09:39 PM
I will meet you guys in AZ, since I will be living their shortly...

Big_Dave
06-20-2009, 11:59 PM
If anyone here is really serious we should really have a sit down meeting to figure some details. There is a lot of planning to do if we are really gonna pull this off. We have time on saturday, or during the week as well. Lets figure this out so we really do pull it off:goodjob:

puregroove
06-21-2009, 08:01 AM
^^+1

BABY J
06-21-2009, 09:02 AM
If anyone here is really serious we should really have a sit down meeting to figure some details. There is a lot of planning to do if we are really gonna pull this off. We have time on saturday, or during the week as well. Lets figure this out so we really do pull it off:goodjob:

I am ready to meet/plan whenever you are.

AlliRae
06-21-2009, 06:03 PM
I would be down for talking about it for sure. i'm free most days after 2

speedminded
06-21-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm so down you have no idea. I'll drive for days if anybody wants a driver...caravan cars at several hundred dollars in gas each or rent a van and fight like brothers and sisters all the way? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a support vehicle for a toolbox and everything if needed either. Can pick up a dolly anywhere if somebodies car doesn't make it there or back :tongue:

300zx1990tt
06-21-2009, 08:42 PM
This sounds really fun, I wish i still had my old 87 turbo, that would be a fun trip. I drove my TT z32 from san diego to atlanta, it was a total blast.

OnURleft
06-21-2009, 09:50 PM
That sounds like lots of fun but I drove across the country in March. Make sure you cross Texas in the day time (speed limit is 80mph day/65 mph night). The drive is boring if you go 10 West once your in Texas but in all honesty it's not bad at all. I will do it again for sure.

speedminded
06-21-2009, 10:02 PM
That sounds like lots of fun but I drove across the country in March. Make sure you cross Texas in the day time (speed limit is 80mph day/65 mph night). The drive is boring if you go 10 West once your in Texas but in all honesty it's not bad at all. I will do it again for sure.How about with a laser shifter ;) I hate driving across texas!

BABY J
06-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah but a caravan w/ 3 cars or more is always a blast once you add in the 2 way radios. Not to mention --- 80 mph?? LMFAO!!!! My 1st gen went 80 once... it only took me 4 days.:D But it will get there no prob by the time we take this trip :ninja:

Zach79zx
06-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Im down but we definitly need to put a lot of planning in place

matthewAPM
06-22-2009, 12:51 PM
if i had a car :(

speedminded
06-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Im down but we definitly need to put a lot of planning in placeNahh, planning is overrated! Decide to meet one day and drive west...we'll just stop when it gets dark and find a hotel. Get up repeat and keep driving west until you hit water. :tongue:

Zach79zx
06-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Nahh, planning is overrated! Decide to meet one day and drive west...we'll just stop when it gets dark and find a hotel. Get up repeat and keep driving west until you hit water. :tongue:

F*ck it that sounds good to me :goodjob:

AlliRae
06-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Yeah but a caravan w/ 3 cars or more is always a blast once you add in the 2 way radios. Not to mention --- 80 mph?? LMFAO!!!! My 1st gen went 80 once... it only took me 4 days.:D But it will get there no prob by the time we take this trip :ninja:

hahah i was thinking something along those lines...

so... yea I'm ready ... the cars not... but I am... LETS GO!

Big_Dave
06-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Maybe we all could talk at the 4th of July meet. I'm with Baby J about taking the northern route. John, Eddie, and I just don't want to rush out there, Driving thirteen hours a day. We want to stop and take photos of the cool stuff along the way, and see some of the sights like the Grand canyon and such. Maybe like 5 days to Cali, Three to four days in Cali, and then 5 days back home. It may take less time to drive there and back, and see the sights without driving too hard, but Id rather plan on the time and not need it.

By the way, John and I are "for sure" going now. So add us to the list.

puregroove
06-23-2009, 11:25 PM
^^^We need to discuss what date range, so I can go ahead and make sure I have off. :goodjob:

BABY J
06-25-2009, 10:06 AM
I think 8 - 10hr driving days is good... (w/ exceptions for stops/pics etc). That gets us there in around 3 days. I'll do some math today.

Allie, update the list of attendees... ZG is in.

Stormhammer
06-25-2009, 10:37 AM
hmmm

speedminded
06-25-2009, 11:30 AM
I think 8 - 10hr driving days is good... (w/ exceptions for stops/pics etc). That gets us there in around 3 days. I'll do some math today.

Allie, update the list of attendees... ZG is in.20 hours will get you to Denver or Albuquerque, depending on which upper route is taken. That's two 10 hour days right there then it's another 12 to 14 to LA. Of course that's going about the speed limit with no stops though.

I would say it will take 36 hours minimum. Remember, Alex Roys record crossing is 31 hours, 4 minutes from NYC. If we did his average speed of 90.1mph (including the record time stops, peeing in bags, 20 gallon fuel tank, etc) from Atlanta it would take 24 hours to get there. That's three 8 hour days of driving at his speeds and that's not ever going to happen lol!

BABY J
06-25-2009, 11:56 AM
>> 29SEPT :: 04:00 HRS EDT :: DEPART --> The Varsity
>> 29SEPT :: 12:00 HRS CDT :: ARRIVE --> Little Rock, AR

Overnight / vehicle checks / radio (batt) checks / lunch, dinner / find local spots for photo-ops sight-seeing

NOTES:

--> Time Zone Change
--> (we are less than 23- hours total driving time away from Irvine)

>> 30SEPT :: 04:00 HRS CDT :: DEPART --> Little Rock, AR
>> 30SEPT :: 12:00 HRS CDT :: ARRIVE --> Amarillo, Texas (Yeee Haw)

Overnight / vehicle checks / radio (batt) checks / lunch, dinner / find local spots for photo-ops sight-seeing

NOTES:

--> (We are 15 hours driving time from the destination)
--> This is the roughest leg of the trip for DRIVERS. Allow more time for stops/leg stretches
--> we've picked up 2500 feet of elevation since ATL - adjust carbs if needed

>> 01OCT :: 05:00HRS CDT :: DEPART Amarillo, TX
>> 01OCT :: 11:25 HRS MDT :: ARRIVE --> Flagstaff, AZ

NOTES:

--> (We are 6:40 driving time away from Irvine, CA)
--> Time Zone Change
--> This is the roughest leg of the trip for the CARS.
--> We are now at almost 7,000 feet elevation... DAMN YOU CARBS!!!!!!

>> 02OCT :: 08:00 MDT :: DEPART --> Flagstaff, AZ
>> 02OCT :: 14:00 HRS PDT :: ARRIVE --> Irvine, CA

: vehicle checks / dinner / find local spots for photo-ops sight-seeing / prep cars for the show

NOTES:

--> this allows time for rest, prepping the whips before the show on 03 October

speedminded
06-25-2009, 12:04 PM
>> 29SEPT :: 04:00 HRS EDT :: DEPART --> The Varsity
>> 29SEPT :: 12:00 HRS CDT :: ARRIVE --> Little Rock, AR

:overnight / vehicle checks / radio (batt) checks / lunch, dinner / find local spots for photo-ops sight-seeing

NOTES:

--> Time ZOne Change
--> (we are less than 23- hours total driving time away from Irvine)

>> 30SEPT :: 04:00 HRS CDT :: DEPART --> Little Rock, AR
>> 30SEPT :: 12:00 HRS CDT :: ARRIVE --> Amarillo, Texas (Yeee Haw)

:overnight / vehicle checks / radio (batt) checks / lunch, dinner / find local spots for photo-ops sight-seeing

NOTES:

--> (We are 15 hours driving time from the destination)
--> This is the roughest leg of the trip for DRIVERS. Allow more time for stops/leg stretches
--> we've picked up 2500 feet of elevation since ATL - adjust carbs if needed

>> 01OCT :: 05:00HRS CDT :: DEPART Amarillo, TX
>> 01OCT :: 11:25 HRS MDT :: ARRIVE --> Flagstaff, AZ

NOTES:

--> (We are 6:40 driving time away from Irvine, CA)
--> Time Zone Change
--> This is the roughest leg of the trip for the CARS.
--> We are now at almost 7,000 feet elevation... DAMN YOU CARBS!!!!!!

>> 02OCT :: 08:00 MDT :: DEPART --> Flagstaff, AZ
>> 02OCT :: 14:00 HRS PDT :: ARRIVE --> Irvine, CA

: vehicle checks / dinner / find local spots for photo-ops sight-seeing / prep cars for the show

NOTES:

--> this allows time for rest, prepping the whips, etcLeave 4am EST on Tuesday Sept. 29th and arrive Friday Oct. 2nd at about 2pm? Sounds good to me! Who wants a driver/photographer? lol! I might not come back :ninja:

BABY J
06-25-2009, 12:14 PM
That's a rough suggestion - I drove from Keesler AFB, Miss to Fairchild AFB in just over a day to go to survival school. I did 2 12 hour days --- I was 19 and stupid - I lost count on how many times I fell asleep --- one of my dumber things for sure. I am some1 who can drive forever as long as I have some music. Another weird thing about me and distance driving... I can drive from here to Mars on honey-buns, hawaiian punch and gummi bears... but let me get a good meal in at Cracker Barrel and I'm a BITCH --- for the next 3 hours I struggle to get over the hump. But with only 8 hour hops... this one is easy.

I know this is a convoy, so I am trying to make it where we all are good. I can make another plan that gives us a few more hours though... that is just a rough idea. Let me know...

Also the carb-check (jetting) in New Mexico is a MUST people... you will burn your shit to the ground if you're not sure... if in doubt, richen the mix.

AlliRae
07-05-2009, 12:14 PM
if i had a car :(

get your AE86 rollin and you got a car.

AlliRae
07-05-2009, 12:18 PM
OK - check over the list of who's going. I tried to update the best I could off what ppl were telling me.

Also - Registration is now open... I posted a link on the first post.

Finally - the only reason I don't know if I will be able to go is this - I am looking to go into the air force. I am still in the beginning stages (like taking the ASVAB) but I do know for a fact they are trying to recruit 30K people soon. So after i take the test and talk to the recruiter. I will let you guys know. But I wanted to give a heads up.

BABY J
07-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Well the good thing about the Air Force is that you decide when you leave -- not them.

BABY J
07-15-2009, 10:31 AM
How we lookin dorks???

mushroom_toy
07-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Ill go next year...this year cant get off work. :(

Marta Mike
07-15-2009, 12:15 PM
thats my bday