PDA

View Full Version : 91 Civic seat question

preferredduck
05-18-2009, 11:46 PM
ok here is my question(s). i have a 91 civic hatch standard model. it only has 1 seat due to my lazy brother taking the passenger seat out and fully taking it apart. the drivers seat is shot to hell and back.

i do not have acess to a welder and cannot pay anyone anytime soon to weld something for me. my girlfiend has 2 kids so i would love to have all four seats back in it but i would like something better than the EF seats b/c i can never find a good set when i have the $$.

so the seats i have on hand are as follows
-86 integra seats
-93,93 delsol seats
-95 EG coupe seats
-99 SI seats
-and finally, 91 civic wagon seats that do not bolt up and are beige(interior is blue, outside is white)

so out of all the seats and seat rail combos i have what is something i could make work without welding and be SAFE. i would love to put my si seats in but don't want them molested, and the del sol seats are fair game. any ideas everybody. i need to do something very soon and i have not been able to figure anything out without weldins. also if anyone has a good set of EF seats they would be willing to sell cheap or trade for a cheaper seat i have LMK. thanks everybody. i can fix these cars, but i suck at fabrication but my lazy brother can if i push him enough or if he has the right tools.

Revmaynard
05-18-2009, 11:48 PM
How clean are those wagon seats? I could use a stock replacement set even though the pattern was different from 88-89. lol :ninja:

SiRed94
05-18-2009, 11:52 PM
None of those bracket/seat combos will yield you anything useful. Pretty much going to have to weld. I mean you could get some flat steel and bend some brackets, but it wouldn't be very sturdy. Or hammer the tabs on the rails flat and put the bolts all the way through the floor board, reinforce it with something, and put nuts/washers on the bottom side.

preferredduck
05-18-2009, 11:53 PM
How clean are those wagon seats? I could use a stock replacement set even though the pattern was different from 88-89. lol :ninja:

let me see if i can find the exact year of the wagon b/c i know they don't directly bolt up. they have no tears in them and if i actually cleaned them good and steamed em very good shape. car had 110k miles and was hit in the read end, so i pulled the motor that i put in my hatch and tiredly without thinking thought the seats would have bolted up. should have taken my lazy ass to another 91 and matched it up, but my bro had to go to work that day too so we were running late. i can try to maybe get a pic tomorrow. i like them and they are more comfy than the EF seats but these may be the easiest to put in my hatch but the color!!!! i think i would only have to drill a 2 holes to make it work.

Revmaynard
05-18-2009, 11:54 PM
What color was the wagon you pull them from? ANd where was it, a junkyard?

preferredduck
05-18-2009, 11:55 PM
None of those bracket/seat combos will yield you anything useful. Pretty much going to have to weld. I mean you could get some flat steel and bend some brackets, but it wouldn't be very sturdy. Or hammer the tabs on the rails flat and put the bolts all the way through the floor board, reinforce it with something, and put nuts/washers on the bottom side.

the wagon seats i think would only need 2 holes drilled to make work possibly. if my brother could use a welder for a day then i would be good to go and put the del sol seat in it and call it a day. but as i stated me and hole drilling is bad ju ju.

uproot
05-18-2009, 11:55 PM
front seats have go to be among the hardest things to find in decent shape for our cars..... good luck bro :goodjob:

preferredduck
05-18-2009, 11:57 PM
What color was the wagon you pull them from? ANd where was it, a junkyard?

about the same color as yours and yes it was a day old on the lot. we had a couple of people come up that wanted the motor so i had to guard it like a hawk and threatened people who wanted the seats with a breaker bar. lol

the tranny was still there and may still be there b/c it was an auto. i would love a sleeper wagon, you could easily fit 2 engines in it with some custom fab work to the back.

Revmaynard
05-18-2009, 11:59 PM
I don't need a stock motor ;) but some other stuff body/interior wise that is wago specific would be nice. Where is it located?

preferredduck
05-19-2009, 12:00 AM
front seats have go to be among the hardest things to find in decent shape for our cars..... good luck bro :goodjob:

i know been looking for like 3 years. plus i have a pinched nerve in my neck so more comfy seats would be better for me. i can stay in my SI alot longer now with the RSX-S seats than before with my stockers.

preferredduck
05-19-2009, 12:03 AM
I don't need a stock motor ;) but some other stuff body/interior wise that is wago specific would be nice. Where is it located?

pull a part on the southside. off 285. it's been a while since i got the motor.

Revmaynard
05-19-2009, 12:05 AM
Ohhh, that one was missing most everything when I saw it. The hood was flat black right?

uproot
05-19-2009, 12:05 AM
lets all go to pull a part

OG-Skinny
05-19-2009, 12:25 AM
I think your best bet are the Sol seats. green91 had some in his EF, and from what I recall, they bolted right in.

preferredduck
05-19-2009, 01:18 AM
I think your best bet are the Sol seats. green91 had some in his EF, and from what I recall, they bolted right in.

i have heard DA seats bolt in but i'm not sure if this is true. but in my dad's del sol he has some DA seats that bolted right in. those would be the best on my neck and they hug you very good. i have always liked them.

preferredduck
05-19-2009, 10:01 AM
Ohhh, that one was missing most everything when I saw it. The hood was flat black right?

nope it was solid, the same color as the one in your sig. it was an auto that had hit in the rear. sometimes pull a part is great, but i hate it when you need a part from a car that a mexican has taken a dump in, what do they wipe with is what i'm wondering. do they drag their butts across the gravel like a dog would. lol

Revmaynard
05-19-2009, 12:43 PM

Fyi, he sold that recently.

green91
05-30-2009, 08:33 PM
I must edit for accuracy that the sol seats are not a direct bolt in.. 3 bolts lined up and a tab had to be welded onto the 4th to move the bolt hole over.