PDA

View Full Version : ok need some help ASAP

0\s accord
05-18-2009, 09:45 PM
ok i got a 92 4 door civic with a y8 in it but it had a blown head gasket and when we took the cam out it looked like someone took a file to it! and there was a little chip on a lob also where the cam sits is all scared up so F that head:2up: now we are putting a d16a6 head on it (hell yeah d16y8 non vtak!) i need to know if i should use the d16y8 head gasket or a d16a6 head gasket and also everyone is tellin me that my block will need a oil restictor to put in the block but when we went to put it in it wont fit!!!!:thinking: so what block do i need an oil restrictor out of or do i even need one....... need help soon!!!! also is there anything else i need to know

0\s accord
05-18-2009, 10:38 PM
also it is throwing no check engine codes and you could not give it full throttle if u gave it full throttle it would bog down but if u gave it half throttle it would rev out. do u think it was the head cause of the blown head gasket and cam being weared down? again it throws no codes it has a p28 in it plz help as soon as u can

preferredduck
05-18-2009, 10:57 PM
dude beats me, i have a y8 head for sale with under 70k miles on it if you wanna go that route instead of an A6 head. $85 for the head, solnoid and VC

SiRed94
05-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Dude, sounds like it isn't oiling properly. Once you get it back together, make sure to check the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge.

0\s accord
05-19-2009, 01:07 AM
dude idk im lost to i can get a y8 head now for like 50 but im broke as hell i just really need to know about the oil resticter and if i need it idc if my car is v tec who needs thats shit lol but no one puts a a6 head on a y8 so idk but thanks for telling me about the head for sale i dont think the oil pump is bad there is no check engine light on u dont think it could be the dash harness could it?

0\s accord
05-19-2009, 11:17 AM
bump need help soon

bpoweredhatch
05-19-2009, 11:25 AM
just put a new motor in it bro and be done with it. :)

ls-r teg
05-19-2009, 11:52 AM
u cant put a non vtec head on a vtec block it will piss oil and theres no timing belt u can use

0\s accord
05-19-2009, 01:07 PM
i know it will pis oil......excatly why i asked about the oil restirctor........................ and i never heard u cant use the timing belt.... ok i need someone that knows what he is talking about

0\s accord
05-20-2009, 06:36 PM
anybody know what the hell is wrong with it

preferredduck
05-21-2009, 02:31 AM
i know when doing a mini me swap there is an oil squirter in the block that has to be removed to oil the head, i,m not sure how to make that head work on that block. look up a a6 block w/ y8 head mini me write up and do the opposite for the oil squirter is all i can tell you.

0\s accord
05-21-2009, 11:43 AM
ok i didnt use an a6 head i found another y8 head but it is still doin it idk wha the hell it is does anyone think its the dash harness or wiring all together this is everything i have changed.....,fuel pump,injectors,iat sensor,map sensor,throttle body, throttle body gasket, intake manifold gasket, intake manifold, motor harness,dizzys,heads and head gasket. can anyone think of what it could be the only codes it is throwing is v-tec and O2 sensor which neither one of them can be the reason why it is doin this. again what it is doin is u give it full throttle it bogs down if u give it half u can drive it normal

preferredduck
05-21-2009, 05:56 PM
what intake manifold and throttle body are you using. years ago i had a 95 DX that i put i y8 motor in. i had some phantom CEL's that would neber go away, mine was o2 and TPS. also what harness, ecu, and dizzy are you using?

VickNotic
05-21-2009, 08:21 PM
hmm iono but it might just be something minor, like you dont have the spark plugs in the right order from the dizzy to the cylinder head iono just a thought and look into timing as well. and or map sensor might be loose or unplug, plugged or not all the way in .. check it out

0\s accord
05-22-2009, 02:22 PM
dizzy and timing are correct man.......im using a v-tec wiring harness off a 92-95 hatch with a p28 ecu and its trowing no codes no 02 no map no tps.... i got no clue

snoopy1
05-22-2009, 03:49 PM
substitute a different ecu i have had similar problems b4 and a new ecu (usually) fixed it wut is ur tps voltage?