PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Norcross Car Show photos - Picasa experiment!

Tarzanman
05-18-2009, 08:05 PM
I went to the Norcross Car Show this past weekend and snapped a few photos.

I decided to give Google Picasa a try to see how it handles web photo galleries.

Link - http://picasaweb.google.com/riftwave/NorcrossCarShow2009

The Norcross Car show is held in downtown Norcross, only about 2-3 streets worth of cars, but a lot of nice stuff to look at. Definitely a change of pace from the urban/ricer stuff (Shelby Mustang = drool!)

Enjoy!

.blank cd
05-18-2009, 08:08 PM
nifty!

Tarzanman
05-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Oh yeah... if anyone wants bigger version of any of those photos (like that phat Shelby!), then let me know.

atlantamx3
05-18-2009, 11:35 PM
I use picasa for ALL of my large galleries.

picasaweb.google.com/atlantamx3

My only complaint is that I wish it were easier to post the pics on forums. It can be done, but its difficult.

Tarzanman
05-19-2009, 07:42 AM
The problem with posting on forums is that most people don't bother creating thumbnails.

Even with cable modem, opening a thread that has a dozen 1200+ pixel images in it is an unwelcome surprise.

I have decided that I don't like Picasa all that much. Its all-or-nothing with it... either you give it complete domain over your image folders or copies of your image folders. I can't point to a subfolder on a different drive and say "use that as an album".

It wants to import everything first. Lame. I am also not thrilled with the web interface so far.

atlantamx3
05-19-2009, 12:44 PM
No No... you can pick and choose which folders you want as galleries. Its in the settings to manually import into picasa.

I do it all the time.

Tarzanman
05-19-2009, 02:33 PM
I think it still creates a copy of that folder if its not a subfolder within the set 'master' folder that you give to picasa.

I'll check later when I get home. Still not impressed with it, though. I'm going to try smugmug next.

.blank cd
05-19-2009, 03:00 PM
my smugmug gallery is FTW. shows em full screen against a black background