PDA

View Full Version : Hid Swap on a 2006 A4

KartboyWRX
05-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Wondering if anyone knows the dificulty level for upgrading Hid'S on my friends car 2006 A4. Also do any shops in atl perform such thing and for how much. Any help is sincerely appreciated.
:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

KartboyWRX
05-18-2009, 09:54 PM
no one? Where is all the people? Bump for any help...

AirMax95
05-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Contact RingTec in Alpharetta

DynamicSound
05-19-2009, 04:54 PM
What are you trying to do? As in, do you already have a factory kit and need new bulbs or change to an aftermarket kit? Installing a kit on a A4 that never had one?

KartboyWRX
05-19-2009, 06:05 PM
hI dynamicsound, Well the story is: The car has regular lights and ideally speaking, i would love to convert that to a aftermarket kit with projectors, not just the bulb. Does that make sense mecanichally? Thanks for your help.

99hatch
05-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Well in an a4 it already has projectors, I believe anything after 99.5 as I had a 99.5 and it had projectors. All you have to do is buy Ballasts and Bulbs. Cost under 100 bucks and wire it up. Not that difficult. I did it on mine and on my VDUB, i can give you some pics if you pm me.

DynamicSound
05-19-2009, 07:28 PM
hI dynamicsound, Well the story is: The car has regular lights and ideally speaking, i would love to convert that to a aftermarket kit with projectors, not just the bulb. Does that make sense mecanichally? Thanks for your help.

Okay, so your vehicle currently does not have projectors?

My friend has an 05 A4 and it has projectors. Let me know.

As for a HID kit, you need a H7 bulb for your lo beams, H7 for your hi beams and H11 for your foglights. All you need is to add a HID kit.

HID Kit installation is the easiast thing to do. The only hard part is sometimes the vehicle itself and how accessible the lights are.

My XenonWorks kits have 2 levels. The first level comes with the standard sized ballast. It is what you mainly see people sell however it is usually a few centimeters smaller. That kit is $55. The second level is the slim ballast kit. It is about 1/3 of the size. It is $75. My kits come with advanced german technology by Siemens. They are waterproof, dust proof, vibration proof, shock proof, and reverse polarity proof. They are backed by a 2 year warranty by us. There are atleast 120-150 people on IA with my kits in the short 3 months I have been here. Feedback on them and us is in our section. We sell over 400 kits weekly and supply over 80 car audio shops, 2 Napa auto centers, 1 Best Buy, 4 Dealerships, and the 3rd largest car audio distributor in the United States. This is why we can offer such a low price because we make our profit on volume, not ripping people off making 100-300% profit off each kit.

I also sell McCulloch and Philips. McCulloch and Philips will be $185. Our Philips kits come with a serial number that you can verify on Philips website to ensure it is a genuine Philips kit. 99% of kits online with the Philips name is fake.

I can also get you Xentec for really cheap, but Xentec is one of the worst quality kits.

Installation by us or one of our shops will be in the $25-$60 range. I can only give you an exact price if I see the car. It just depends on hard it is.

KartboyWRX
05-21-2009, 05:11 PM
i will be going over to your shop this weekend proly, to check out the kits. I have a W3 JL AUDIO 12" and a kenwood 8152D mono amp, what do you think of trade plus somecash? I'm interested on the "white" hid's.

DynamicSound
05-21-2009, 10:16 PM
i will be going over to your shop this weekend proly, to check out the kits. I have a W3 JL AUDIO 12" and a kenwood 8152D mono amp, what do you think of trade plus somecash? I'm interested on the "white" hid's.

Sorry, have no interests in trades.

KartboyWRX
05-22-2009, 09:44 PM
it's all good man, i'll try to check your kits out soon.

Mchnhead2k5
05-22-2009, 10:34 PM
the only problem with kits is that the HID bulb is considerably longer than the h7 (most of the halogen bulbs) which places the filament in a different position in the projector. You have might have to use spacers to position the bulb away from the shield to replicate the distance of a halogen h7 bulb filament. Chances are you'll get either bad light output on the ground or immense amounts of glare without having the spacing right.

DynamicSound:
Do you guys have h11 bulbs in 4300k?

DynamicSound
05-23-2009, 07:16 AM
the only problem with kits is that the HID bulb is considerably longer than the h7 (most of the halogen bulbs) which places the filament in a different position in the projector. You have might have to use spacers to position the bulb away from the shield to replicate the distance of a halogen h7 bulb filament. Chances are you'll get either bad light output on the ground or immense amounts of glare without having the spacing right.

I have never seen that problem with my kits and I have tons of them on projectors. My girlfriend has them on her XB with the factory projectors and they light up the road and no glare. The problem I have seen with H7 bulbs is that most people do not install them right. H7's only go in one way, but it is easy to put them in upside-down and it still lock in. A guy with a Celica that had projectors did this. He brought them to me and it just had to strips of light hitting the ground. So I looked at it, the H7 was upside-down. The tab on the H7 always goes up top. I fliped them over and boom, perfect lighting.

DynamicSound:

I believe I have it instock right now.

KartboyWRX
05-23-2009, 09:59 PM
So, is it possible to install with correct specifications? besides i believe the bulbs that are on my car most likely are h1...

DynamicSound:

DynamicSound
05-23-2009, 10:37 PM
So, is it possible to install with correct specifications? besides i believe the bulbs that are on my car most likely are h1...

There is no such problem. The bulbs are machine balanced to match OEM Halogen specs. So they shoot the same as the halogen except much much brighter. All A4's since atleast 96-09 take the H7.

KartboyWRX
05-24-2009, 10:36 AM
just double checked on that, indeed i have h7's. do i have to purchse 2 kits? 1 for high beams and 1 for low beams? i have budget for only one.

DynamicSound
05-24-2009, 10:40 AM
just double checked on that, indeed i have h7's. do i have to purchse 2 kits? 1 for high beams and 1 for low beams? i have budget for only one.

If you wanted to get both with HIDs, then you would need 2 kits. However, what a lot of my customers do is buy the Plasma Halogen bulbs for their hi beams and fogs. My Plasma Halogen bulbs are in quartz glass and ION coated. They are filled with Xenon and Krypton gas. They are the brightest Halogens you can buy. The best part is they are 55/65 watt safe so they will not burn your wires like the 100/120 watt ones at an auto parts store. I sell them for $20/pair. They come in 3500k (Golden Yellow), 7500k (Pure White), and 8500k (White with a Hint of Blue). The 7500k blends in with the 5/6k HID kits and the 8500k blends in with the 8/10k HID kits.

KartboyWRX
05-25-2009, 09:46 PM
that sounds reasonable...

KartboyWRX
06-06-2009, 04:27 PM
are you guys aopen on sunday?

DynamicSound
06-06-2009, 05:48 PM
No, sorry...only day we are closed.