PDA

View Full Version : General Chat The man that popped this Chery didnt live to tell about it...

Atlblkz06
05-18-2009, 11:47 AM
http://www.monsterauto.ca/chinese-cars.php
(http://www.monsterauto.ca/chinese-cars.php)
(Make sure you watch the video)

Dr.G35
05-18-2009, 11:50 AM
maybe they are tryin to control the population with that Chery?lol.

DJ Maestro
05-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Made in China = Epic Fail

:yes:

Bus Driver J
05-18-2009, 12:11 PM
maybe they are tryin to control the population with that Chery?lol.
:lmfao: hilarious!!!!

eraser4g63
05-18-2009, 02:47 PM
If they ever come here it will mean nothing but job security for me!! lol

EJ25RUN
05-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Here's the problem with that vid.

It's from 2007 and BMW did take that X5 copy to court and lost.

Brillance recently scored zero point on a crash test on a new model after failing horrifically two years ago. Both times they're only comments were "it won't affect sales."

Chinese cars are proof that when a state that totally violates international trade laws is allowed to bring their walmart like tactics to cars, consumers will really suffer.

DynamicSound
05-18-2009, 03:03 PM
I personally think that over time they will build better vehicles. It is like all manufacturers, they have had bombs including tons of American models. Over time they have learned the ropes to make smarter decisions when it comes to building vehicles. The same as China will. I am sure that back in the day people thought people would suffer shen Japan started making cars, but guess what...I see more Japanese vehicles on the road than I do American. I personally would never buy an American car.

EJ25RUN
05-18-2009, 03:10 PM
I personally would never buy an American car.

That makes you look like a dumb consumer.

Here's why. A country doesn't represent what kind of cars it makes. In the last couple of years, GM and Ford products have been right up there in initial quality and reliability when compared to Japanese, Korean, and European alternatives.

The problem with China is that they are not trying to build cars. They are going after other companies and trying to sell you "the same thing" for less. The truth is not only is it not the same thing, it is an outright failure.

The argument here is copying cars for the sake of copying cars.

Consider this. You say you'd never buy an American car.

Would you consider the Toyota Tundra and Camry as Japanese cars?

What about the Pontiac GTO and G8?

Atlblkz06
05-18-2009, 03:11 PM
I personally think that over time they will build better vehicles. It is like all manufacturers, they have had bombs including tons of American models. Over time they have learned the ropes to make smarter decisions when it comes to building vehicles. The same as China will. I am sure that back in the day people thought people would suffer shen Japan started making cars, but guess what...I see more Japanese vehicles on the road than I do American. I personally would never buy an American car.

The japanese had a period of "awakening" and their entire consciousness changed big time. Besides - the Japanese have always had a "perfection streak" in their culture, so it really doesn't surprise me.

If you go to China/India etc - you have to watch people like a hawk. The average worker will take every advantage to rob you blind. If you have never lived outside the US, you will never understand what I'm talking about.

Example:

You give your 1 year old car to the shop for an oil change. You will get it back 3 hours late and find out that they did a shoddy job.

3 months later your car will have mysterious problems. Thats when you will find that

* Your injectors, started motor is 3 years old
* Your clutch is 2 years old and needs replacement.
* Your battery is suddenly half as big as it should be and the mounts are missing.
etc etc etc...

Things are changing now - but the mentality still persists. They sell cars to meet the absolute minimum requirements. Anything over the minimum is considered a waste and some consumers may not buy the car because it's wasteful.

Oh and car accidents are considered tragic "facts". They don't really think about "how can this be avoided next time?". Cars have killed so many over there. I guess they have so many people that they just shrug and keep going with their lives...They don't really believe that technology can save lives. They KNOW it, but they don't believe it.

I hope this sorta makes sense.