PDA

View Full Version : what waterpump, timing belt, and rear main seal....

blacknightteg
05-18-2009, 07:49 AM
alright. so i am doing a b20 swap tomorrow into my integra. what i need to know before i go and buy all the small parts is, what do i tell the guy at the counter, as far as what engine i need it for. i know im putting a b20 in the car. but i know you are able to use a lot of the same parts from a b18. so please let me know!

Barefoot
05-18-2009, 08:09 AM
tell him its an ls teg.

Sammich
05-18-2009, 08:25 AM
like that noob is going to know what an ls teg is...tell them that you are getting parts for a honda cr-v...i'm not sure of the year though

turbob20
05-19-2009, 01:17 AM
naw just tell them you need parts for your car what ever model it is if it came with the ls 1.8. the only thing that you will have to really chase down is the 84mm b20 head gasket when you need it. thats all thats different is the pistons,bore and head gasket between the ls and b20. also you will probably want to use your manifold though,the cr-v is much taller.good luck and let us know how it goes.

Formally...
05-19-2009, 07:37 AM
You can use any timing belt for a b18/b20 even the GSR as long as you use the matching waterpump (ex, LS belt=LS pump, GSR belt=GSR pump) Only timing belt that is different for b-series is B16/B17. For the rear main seal it doesn't matter all b-series are the same.

SX-MAN
05-19-2009, 02:43 PM
i have a b20 in my da. as far as major parts.. most b-series parts are inter-changable timing belt(except B16) oil pump, water pump... but for things like oil filter and gaskets you need to tell them CRV... its will most likely going to be a 95-97. but depending where you get it it should still have the ven on the bottom of the block check the 10th number and it will tell you what year...

yes you will need your manifolds ex and intake... your ps and ac if your obd0 then you have to use your dizzy alternator and most inportant your crank pullly cuz the b20 uses dif belts.... you will have to use your driverside mount of the ls or the b20 will set cock-eyed and thats not good. ADVICE,,,,,, PUT A TYPE R OIL PUMP ON IT.... IF YOU GO TO OREILLYS ITS 120 OR ELSE YOU WILL SPIN A BEARING OR SLING A ROD.... I HAVE WENT THROUGH 3 B20 AND I LEARNED THE HARD WAY THEY WILL STARVE FOR OIL IF YOU TREAT IT LIKE AN LS.......:goodjob: ANY OTHER ???? HIT ME UP...