PDA

View Full Version : Food Fried Chicken anyone?

MR2DR
05-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Alright so I've always considered myself a southern boy since I was born and raised in Atlanta. Over the years I've tried fried chicken from many places ranging from your neighborhood's Church's to Mary Mac's Tearoom. According to Creative Loafing, The Busy Bee Cafe has THE BEST fried chicken but it was average at best IMO, does anyone have any other suggestions?

I'm looking for some places with authentic southern fried chicken, some soul food shit if you will.. not that fucking KFC unfried, but grilled bullshit.. suggestions?

http://www.roadfood.com/photos/1642.jpg
The fried chicken at Mary Mac's

1CleanEg
05-18-2009, 08:39 AM
i may not be "southern" but i personally think Folks has some great fried chicken. Also Harolds off of Redan rd and North Hairston i believe has some good friend chicken wings

DynamicSound
05-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Am I the only one that finds that photo disgusting? lol

Sorry, I had too. I don't know of any place that is good since I am not a big chicken eater. I stick to the basics...Church's, Publix, Popeye's. I did pay over $100 for fried chicken from Justin's one time, but it sucked.

Total_Blender
05-18-2009, 03:16 PM
The best southern style fried chicken is pan-fried instead of deep fried. Its too much effort to do pan-fried chicken so you'll be hard pressed to find an affordable restaurant that does.

Wilson's Soul Food here in Athens has really good fried chicken, but I wouldn't make the trip all the way from Atlanta just for some chicken.

punkr6
05-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Pan fried Hell Yea, thats the shit right there

MR2DR
05-18-2009, 07:02 PM
hehe they have other sides too but i'm partial to the cheesy gooey stuff like squash or brocolli casserole.

Am I the only one that finds that photo disgusting? lol

Sorry, I had too. I don't know of any place that is good since I am not a big chicken eater. I stick to the basics...Church's, Publix, Popeye's. I did pay over $100 for fried chicken from Justin's one time, but it sucked.

koukis14
05-19-2009, 10:12 PM
I always thought Folks was some of the best I have had.

tgiannes
05-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Folks.

VIP Style
05-20-2009, 01:27 PM
lol all yall some true southerners, up in here talking about some fried chicken, lmao including myself. i like churches