PDA

View Full Version : Wheel adpaters?

X-Runner
05-17-2009, 07:03 PM
So I was on the hunt for some adapters and short of having a $400 custom set made, which I will, these are what I found. Would you feel safe riding on these things? I'm scared to death by the way these look.

I am going to pay for a quality set of adapters so I have something safe and something I feel safe with. My life is worth more than saving a few bucks.

http://lug-nuts.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=51

2.0lef_itbs
05-17-2009, 07:37 PM
those dont look that bad other than being pushed out from your car still boarder line safe. ive never used them.performance wise probably not going to hold up to huge numbers.

whats it for??

X-Runner
05-17-2009, 07:40 PM
My wagon.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234771

2.0lef_itbs
05-17-2009, 08:00 PM
nice toyota :D
why do you need wheel adapters?it's 5 bolt already.
those adapters look good enough.they bolt to you hub.and your wheel bolts to them.torque em up nice and tight

beats getting new hubs with the pattern you want

X-Runner
05-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Because wheel choice is so limited with a 5x108 pattern and I have some 5x114 wheels I want to use.

SixSquared
05-17-2009, 10:13 PM
I've heard of people (mostly 240 peeps) drilling stock 4 lug hubs to 5 lug. Not sure how well it would work going 5 lug to 5 lug, because you wouldn't have a lot (if any) of metal between the old holes and the new ones, but it may be worth looking into. Personally, I would rather run on drilled hubs than bolting an adapter on and then bolting a wheel onto that. Seems like it's adding 1 more potential weak spot imo.

The other problem with adapters like the ones in the link is that they will more than likely also act as spacers and push your wheels out. Some cars can get away with it and can compensate via fender pulling and rolling. The volvo is pretty boxy, though, as you obviously know, so I dunno how much fender pulling you could get away with if those adapters push the wheels out.

If it were me, I would look into either drilling your existing hubs, or seeing about getting a custom set made.

X-Runner
05-18-2009, 12:36 AM
The extra thickness just has to be taken into account for the wheel offset. I ran Eibach spacers on my Explorer without issue. A quality set will be fine.

ksniperfox
05-18-2009, 08:29 AM
My life is worth more than saving a few bucks.

LIES!

X-Runner
05-18-2009, 08:30 AM
LIES!

You caught me! Oh noes!