PDA

View Full Version : My Apartment caught on fire......

B16a2 Civic
09-30-2005, 08:55 AM
well, this is serious, not playing.
Wenseday Morning at 6:30, i smelt smoke, so i get my sister ( who is about 8 montsh pregnant) and her boyfriend and tell em theres a fire so we get out teh apartment and i tell my neighbors and we call teh fire department, we can see the smoke from outside but dont know where its commin from, the fire dept gets there and they cant find it either so they start lookin at the apartments behind us, they find a fire inbetween floors with the apartment connected to mine so teh fire is inbetween floors and they cant get to it, they finally get it out and end result, my kitchen is caved in, both my bathrooms have water damage.
we think its a electrical fire, we have black rings around all of our appliances.
im pretty sure its an electrical fire cause i took my ps2 with me ( you kno im black) to teh hotel and it dont work, well my expensive ass clothes now all smell like smoke, my furniture has smoke damage, my sisters baby clothes and shit has smoke damage.
well, even tho this happened the other day i wasnt too worried figured i spend maybe 2 days in a hotel, then the property manager will place us in a new apartment...well thats not the case, they just rented out new apartments to new people but are leaving a few of the folks affected by thsi fire out in teh cold ( the whole unit im in has no electricty)....so this is about 10 families with no place to go, i think this is so fucked up, now we are paying for hotels out of our pocket EVEN tho we have renters insurance and they told me today that they are looking...bullshit, how long does it take to see what aoartments you have vacant.....this just irks me fa real....well i got sum pix if ya'll wanna peep

B16a2 Civic
09-30-2005, 08:55 AM
more.

Nemesis
09-30-2005, 08:57 AM
Im really sorry that happened. Things will work out though, and possibly for the better. Everything happens for a reason, gotta remember that.

B16a2 Civic
09-30-2005, 08:58 AM
Im really sorry that happened. Things will work out though, and possibly for the better. Everything happens for a reason, gotta remember that.

defintly, im counting my blessings, im happy that my sister, my soon to be niece, my sisters boyfriend, and my neighbors are all ok...

silver
09-30-2005, 08:59 AM
Oh... that sucks... I am really sorry to hear that. Is there anything I can do for you???

kelly marie
is everyone ok b? im so sorry

boosted1jz
damn dude :( sorry to hear it..... atleast every1 is ok!!

i hope u can find new housing soon!!!

kelly marie
yeah let us know if there is anything we ca do to help!

B16a2 Civic
09-30-2005, 09:00 AM
yeah everyones ok, i mean i aint down and out, its just the way teh property management is goin about this irks me, they are putting new folks ahead of people who lost their apartment due to a situation beyond their control.

BTEC
09-30-2005, 09:01 AM
sucks. would say more but im tied

Kevykev
09-30-2005, 09:02 AM
damn B you straight, your belongins okay?

need a place to stay?

wtf?

B16a2 Civic
09-30-2005, 09:06 AM
damn B you straight, your belongins okay?

need a place to stay?

wtf?

yeah man im straight, livin out a hotel untill the weekend, i mean if they dont place me somewhere by teh end of the day, imma get a lease to another apartment, i appreciate the offer kev, you kno u'z tha man * sam jackson voice*

from what i was able to tell, my wardrobe is basically no good, they say you cant get smoke smell out ya clothes, and the insurance told me " try taking it to teh cleaners"....imma try but i doubt its gon get the smell out, my white air forces and my other multi colored air forces ( that have white in em)...like 10 pairs, all of em are smoked out....but imma just have to reup my collection.

BTEC
09-30-2005, 09:10 AM
yeah man im straight, livin out a hotel untill the weekend, i mean if they dont place me somewhere by teh end of the day, imma get a lease to another apartment, i appreciate the offer kev, you kno u'z tha man * sam jackson voice*

from what i was able to tell, my wardrobe is basically no good, they say you cant get smoke smell out ya clothes, and the insurance told me " try taking it to teh cleaners"....imma try but i doubt its gon get the smell out, my white air forces and my other multi colored air forces ( that have white in em)...like 10 pairs, all of em are smoked out....but imma just have to reup my collection.
is the renters ins gonna pay 4 all ur stuff?

silver
09-30-2005, 09:11 AM
I was gonna say take your clothes to the cleaners.. also there is this stuff that you can get at alot of auto stores in the air fresheners section I think it is called Ozium???? But it works wonders on smoke damage. Had a friends car catch fire and he sprayed that shit in the vents and everything and within a day you could never tell the car ever smelled like smoke.

tina
09-30-2005, 09:14 AM
Sorry about what happed! That sux!
Good thing is that you and everybody are OK

B16a2 Civic
09-30-2005, 09:15 AM
renters insurance is suppose to reimburse us for teh hotel stay.

Heather- word, i think imma try dat...i kind of love my clothes Lol, this jacket i have, Sean Jean dont sell no mo, its white ( was...) with furr on the hoody part :(

AznTraitor
09-30-2005, 09:16 AM
dude mang, that sucks....well at least everyone is okay....

silver
09-30-2005, 09:16 AM
I mean if they are already ruined.. what the hell anything is worth trying at this point. Just read the can and make sure it's safe for clothes.. but yea keep me updated and let me know if I can do anyhting for you...

B16a2 Civic
09-30-2005, 09:19 AM
aiigh heather i'll keep you updated, i mean i havent been back there since the day of teh fire to get my needed items and i tried to get my clothes but it smelt horrible and most of my whites arent white

A.P. Photography
09-30-2005, 09:20 AM
Sorry to hear man, hope everything works out for ya. Good luck with the clothes

Kevykev
09-30-2005, 09:22 AM
Ahhh man sorry to here about the wardrobe, But you know what's most important was already saved.

hope everything returns to normal soon!

4dmin
09-30-2005, 09:25 AM
that sucks man if there is anything you need just let us know

B16a2 Civic
09-30-2005, 09:28 AM
yeah Kev, atleast the car is fine Lol, naah glad my folks are good and my neighbors are safe

Thanks Paul, Kev, Heather, Kelly and teh rest of ya'll for bein there, my second fam

Jimmy B
09-30-2005, 09:33 AM
that sux b, but glad to hear your ok...and your sis, and soon to be neice! (uncle b)

i would throuw out my crib for a place, but.. its about 2 hrs away from where you at..

hope everythng works out better than before

B16a2 Civic
09-30-2005, 09:35 AM
that sux b, but glad to hear your ok...and your sis, and soon to be neice! (uncle b)

i would throuw out my crib for a place, but.. its about 2 hrs away from where you at..

hope everythng works out better than before

thanks J, i ppreciate ya extending a hand to help a brotha out....means alot fa real.

**repped as many folks as i can for ya kind words.

Jimmy B
09-30-2005, 09:42 AM
nata problem pimpin.. gotta look out for my dark brotha's :)

Kevykev
09-30-2005, 09:55 AM
nata problem pimpin.. gotta look out for my dark brotha's :)

the Fcuk you tryna say nigga? :mad:

TRINI4LIFE
09-30-2005, 10:02 AM
That is messed up son...... If there is anything I can do to help let me know. You can even crash by me until you get things straightened out. Well glad that everyone made it out safe without any life threatening smoke inhalations. :)

Jimmy B
09-30-2005, 10:09 AM
the Fcuk you tryna say nigga? :mad:

us dark peopels gotta stick together.. jus cuz im real tan dont mean i aint dark too!:D lol

:eye: dont you got work to do foo?

ahh.. i do too.. ok.. im out.. gotta... go.. to.. do.. work..

:king:

Kevykev
09-30-2005, 10:16 AM
us dark peopels gotta stick together.. jus cuz im real tan dont mean i aint dark too!:D lol

:eye: dont you got work to do foo?

ahh.. i do too.. ok.. im out.. gotta... go.. to.. do.. work..

:king:

aight word!

you're right btw, I do have work to do :( !

Jon00
09-30-2005, 10:37 AM
damn dude im sorry things can only get better now keep youtr head up

The Golden Child
09-30-2005, 10:38 AM
daym hope everything works out ..

B16a2 Civic
09-30-2005, 11:54 AM
well, looks like my apart unit is deemed " inliveable" for 60 days while georgia power looks into the electricity...its declared "unsafe" as well ....

NzProjeKt
09-30-2005, 12:21 PM
DAAMM.. That is fucked up..
Im pretty sure the landlord should atleast be paying for your hotel stay..

B16a2 Civic
09-30-2005, 12:27 PM
DAAMM.. That is fucked up..
Im pretty sure the landlord should atleast be paying for your hotel stay..

yep, or teh insurance company ( from what they told me)...but its outta pocket right now.

RBpoweredSileighty
09-30-2005, 02:21 PM
damn that sucks... good thing for renters insurance

JustinSane110™
09-30-2005, 02:25 PM
Damn homey, sorry to hear about that. Glad you and your folks are fine though.

Leisa
09-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Damn that sucks.. but I will tell you.. once clothes get the smoke smell in them especially from a fire like that... you can give it up.,... when my moms house caught fire she tried everything, but her clothes always smelled like smoke.... Glad to see you are safe and sound... :)

B16a2 Civic
09-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Damn that sucks.. but I will tell you.. once clothes get the smoke smell in them especially from a fire like that... you can give it up.,... when my moms house caught fire she tried everything, but her clothes always smelled like smoke.... Glad to see you are safe and sound... :)

Thanks Leisa (sp? i really dont know if i have it right since you changed ya name)...looks like i'll be shopping soon Lol, when a mother tells you somethin is happenin...you can write that in stone.
p.s moms also make teh best pb and j sammichs

Leisa
09-30-2005, 04:28 PM
Thanks Leisa (sp? i really dont know if i have it right since you changed ya name)...looks like i'll be shopping soon Lol, when a mother tells you somethin is happenin...you can write that in stone.
p.s moms also make teh best pb and j sammichs

you got it right,...lol... and yes.. ask Brett he will tell you how good my sammichs are... ;)

B16a2 Civic
09-30-2005, 04:29 PM
you got it right,...lol... and yes.. ask Brett he will tell you how good my sammichs are... ;)

if you make him sum sammiches for lunch let me know....i'll have to jack him for them during lunch ...or force him to share.

Leisa
09-30-2005, 04:30 PM
if you make him sum sammiches for lunch let me know....i'll have to jack him for them during lunch ...or force him to share.

this is Brett we are talking about.. and when it comes to food, he dont share nuttin...lol

The Yousef
09-30-2005, 04:34 PM
damn dude...i'm sorry

B16a2 Civic
09-30-2005, 04:36 PM
this is Brett we are talking about.. and when it comes to food, he dont share nuttin...lol

that just slipped my mind....Lol

Yea i kno Yousef, but its gon be aiight :)...imma try and remain positive thru tha power of v-tak!! Lol yaah mean

Kristi
09-30-2005, 04:46 PM
that sucks, i'm glad yall are ok! if yall need anything let us know!

Kevykev
09-30-2005, 05:07 PM
but its gon be aiight :)...imma try and remain positive thru tha power of v-tak!! Lol yaah mean

Great thinkin'!

Spyder
Damn man sorry to hear about your luck. :(

If you need anything you have the number.

Dont do anything before you talk to the insurance company..

PhAtBoYMr2
ya man thank god everyone made it out ok. For some reason bad shit is happening to alot of my close friends too....must be september

holla at me sometime man

B16a2 Civic
10-17-2005, 03:16 PM
ya man thank god everyone made it out ok. For some reason bad shit is happening to alot of my close friends too....must be september

holla at me sometime man

Bad month fa real....

:( got a new place tho

Shawna
10-17-2005, 09:21 PM
that really sux but at least you, your sister and her bf are all ok

smiley723
10-19-2005, 01:25 AM
thank god you guys were ok. A girl I went to High School with had her apartment catch on fire. Unlike you, she did not have renters insurance. She lost everything. If you guys need any thing let me know. Think of it this way, at least this did not happen closer to Winter.

Buford®
10-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Dang. I just now saw this thread. lol. So what are the updates? You got a new place? Whassup?