PDA

View Full Version : Spark issue. help me guys!

DeeAOne
05-16-2009, 05:34 PM
i have a sohc b6. the issue is that sometimes i get spark and sometimes i dont. i know its not the coil because i replaced it and it did the same thing...so its before the coil, whatever the problem is. i will start it and sometimes it will run for half an hour or sometimes only 5 seconds. and then it wont start again until i unplug the coil or wiggle the wires. i have replaced the clip too so i know its not that. if anyone knows please help. thanks!

WalkS
05-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Ignitor? My old 626 GT (idk if you remember that car or not) had that problem. It would start then die, would start again. After I replaced the ignitor, it ran like a champ.

DeeAOne
05-16-2009, 06:09 PM
where is the ignitor?

EDIT: if your talking about the ignition coil or external coil, thats not it. ive already tried it with a brand new one installed. :thinking:

turbob20
05-17-2009, 03:43 PM
its the little square flat box that all the wires run to in the distributor and theres usually 2 of these wires goes straight to the coil. some cars also have a round 1 wire capasitor on the dizzy this could be faulty as well. also some time as the button in the top of the cap wears it gets too much clearance between the rotary button and the cap and the spark jumps some times and some times it wont. if the igniter & capacitor dont work try a cap and rotor too.

2.0lef_itbs
05-17-2009, 07:55 PM
i am guessing this is for a 323?
i googles what a ignitor looked like and this is what i got

http://home.zonnet.nl/wezel2/fe3-wires/draadbomen%20008.jpg

turbob20
05-17-2009, 08:54 PM
well then there ya go.

DeeAOne
05-18-2009, 10:14 PM
ahh yes i have replaced that with no luck. it was the first thing i tried. im going to replace the cap and rotor button this week and if thats not it, it can only be one more thing. the harness actually has a bad wire. :(

SHOWTYPE5
05-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Its sounds like it could be you ignition module located in your distributor... i may have one we could swap to see if it will fix the problem for you.....

DeeAOne
05-22-2009, 07:09 AM
ok so heres my question, something in the dizzy can cause the coil to not work and my car not get spark? sorry if it sounds like a dumb question, ignition is not my thing. lol