PDA

View Full Version : Misc burning DVD's

SwiftGTiRacer
09-30-2005, 01:17 AM
So i downloaded some videos from LimeWire on to my computer. I tried to burn them from Media Player but its not working for some reason. What do I need to be able to burn videos from my computer onto a dvdr?

Swifty

4dmin
09-30-2005, 07:50 AM
ulead dvd software can do that

AtifSajid
09-30-2005, 10:44 AM
Go buy them from a store...lol

Wedge
09-30-2005, 04:31 PM
i'm telling..

*cough*www.alcohol-soft.com*cough*

buddha@TeamFX
09-30-2005, 09:58 PM
Does that work for coping DVDS also?? j/w... Since most dvds have copyrights on them.

SwiftGTiRacer
10-01-2005, 04:52 AM
ok, i went to that site but for some reason i'm just not burning. can you kinda walk me through the steps? I'd appreciate it man. i know i got some programs on my computer that are ment for burning videos onto DVDr's but i'm just to illeterate to figure it out.

Swifty

CiVeK9
10-01-2005, 08:28 AM
rip that shit from the original..get a blockbuster/hollywood video pass.then use DVD Shrink to rip then Nero to burn..perfect dvd quality u also have a chose of taking the menus out or not

SwiftGTiRacer
10-01-2005, 08:36 AM
i found a drag & drop program on my computer. But i'm not wanting to copy DVD's. I was wanting to take a bunch of random videos i got off line and then put them on a DVDr. I got it figured out though. Thanks.

Swifty

5thgcelica
10-01-2005, 11:23 AM
i found a drag & drop program on my computer. But i'm not wanting to copy DVD's. I was wanting to take a bunch of random videos i got off line and then put them on a DVDr. I got it figured out though. Thanks.

Swifty

would you mind sharing or atleast pointing me in the direction... cause i have been wanting to be able to do this for quite some time.

HyPer50
10-01-2005, 01:11 PM
If all your trying to do is take "random" videos from your computer and put them on disk, you can just make VCD instead of tryin' to make a DVD... that way it's alot easier and can't fit alot more on the disk..

5thgcelica
10-01-2005, 06:01 PM
yeah i know how to make vcds...but..they wont fit some of my files.

SwiftGTiRacer
10-01-2005, 11:02 PM
VCD's? Isn't that files only? Cause i'm wanting to be able to play the videos on a DVD player. 5thgencelica, I just went to my start menu and foind a program called "darg-n-drop." It was pre-installed on my computer when i got it.

Swifty

chrisdavis
10-02-2005, 08:17 AM
VCD's? Isn't that files only? Cause i'm wanting to be able to play the videos on a DVD player. 5thgencelica, I just went to my start menu and foind a program called "darg-n-drop." It was pre-installed on my computer when i got it.

Swifty

get WinAVI converter. Once you have that you can choose to convert whatever media file to a DVD file. When you are selecting the files you want to convert have them all in one place and while you are selecting them hold down the control key and select them in the order that you want them on dvd. Win AVI will then convert them and place the in a folder. Then use DVD shrink to encode and burn your video to a DVD. Hit me up if you need some help ;)

Tarzanman
10-09-2005, 07:43 PM
First off, authoring DVD's properly is complex. There are a couple of one-click solutions that let you make a simple disc with one video on it... but if you want custom menus and backgrounds, then you should be prepared to spend a few hours reading, learning, and trying. If you have a background in photoshopping and/or editing sound or video on the computer then you should be able to learn what you need in half the time.... otherwise you're in for a long journey indeed!

If you want to author nice dvd's with menus you can build to your own specs and the like, then you programs that can:

1.Edit your video clips to just contain the portions you want. There are many programs that do this. Vegas Video is a popular one.

2.Convert your video(s) to DVD-compliant MPEG-2 videos. I use a program called TMPGenc to do this. Has some nice utlilitarian features for letterboxing and changing the encode bitrate as well as different formats if you want to make a VCD or something. No frills, powerful converter. AKA Tsunami MPEG Encoder.

3.Creating menus. There are a couple of ways to do this. The best way is to get an all-on-one dvd authoring program that will let you both create & convert your menus and compile them into the muxed DVD. Doing it seperately starts to make things complicated.

4. Muxing and authoring your dvd-image. I use DVD-lab pro. Its got more features than I have time to learn to use.

Besides taking a long time to learn to do yourself, authoring dvds also takes a long time for your computer to do. I made a 5-episode DVD-5 (single layer) compilation of a favorite TV show that a friend who was out-of-the-country didn't have access to...
at 4-6 hours per episode to encode, and another 2-3 to build menus, author, mux, and then burn.. you're looking at a sizeable chunk of spare time!

The dvd's came out great! Too bad the 'friend' ended up being a wet-blanket. I hope she has a nice life and finds a nice person that treats her just like she treated me... lol!