PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods New setup for ej8

k20ej8
05-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Ok so im going with a new setup in my ej8. Right now i have a jdm b20b with itr tranny in it. motor is stock right now. Im planning on going b20 vtec. My goal is to reach 200+whp. Im staying all motor, so should i build the bottom block? If going all motor what would be better a b16 head or gsr? What IM and cams should i use etc. I have a million questions, so i would greatly appreciate it for the help.

plz no bashing about this millionth b20vtec post, just want to ask my IA homies personally.

Starrfire
05-16-2009, 09:57 AM
If I had it I would get
Rs Machine 84mm itr pistons
Gsr head
AEBS intake manifold
65 mm tb
walbro 190lph fuel pump
some obd1 prelude injectors and wire up a resistor box(no sense in buying expensive Rc's 310's when the prelude has 345's and most people almost give them away, just are peak and hold and need a resistor box)
Valvetrain, Your choice on which product but I'd do it right the first time, Maybe Crower 3's or skunk2 pr01's or maybe pro2's if you are feeling frisky.
A good knockoff header is probably what you are gonna want since you probably aren't gonna want to spend real money on the real thing.
Exhaust and intake.
Should be real simple with that list of mods, but if you can't build this thing yourself then you are probably gonna spend at least 5k on this thing easy.