PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods ** I Just Got New BuddyClub Spec V Extreme Cams**

slow01
05-15-2009, 11:57 PM
HEY if anyone on here ran these cams please PM me and let me know how they did thanx :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

B ENGINE CAMSHAFTS SPEC

Buddy Club Racing Spec Cam Shaft B16/18 Spec V (pair)

images/products/p_BC05-RS5CMH-B.jpgimages/pixel_trans.gifClick to Enlarge (http://javascript<b></b>:click_to_enlarge(26524))images/pixel_trans.gif

images/products/t_BC05-RS5CMH-B.jpg
images/products/t_BC05-RS5CMH-B2.jpg

RACING SPEC V EXTREME CAMSHAFTS

Developed, tested and proven by Buddy Club's own race teams and engineers, the Racing Spec 5 camshafts are absolutely the most aggressive design in camshaft technology available today. Utilizing Buddy Club's patent pending lobe forming technology was used to increase low to mid-range torque and yet have an astonishing 12.8mm lift for explosive high-end power! These cams do not sacrifice low end power for top end gain! This is unlinke anything you have experieneced before. Available and in-stock now! MSRP: $728/pr- Designed for racing engines with high compression (normally aspirated)

-12.8mm intake lift and 11.8mm exhaust lift for top-end power
- Patent pending lobe forming technology for low to midrange power
- SMOOTH CONSTANT POWER THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE RPM RANGE!
- (From idle to 9500RPM)
- Requires Buddy Club high compression valves, valve springs, and retainer set
- At least a 12.5:1 Compression Ratio is recommended
- Professional installation and calibration is highly recommended
- ( Additional piston valve clearancing is required)

Buddy Club's patent pending lobe forming technology allows engineers to create uniquely shaped cam lobes that unleash power from areas that other camshafts are simply not capable of finding. Other brands try to approach Buddy Club's cam profiles, but can never surpass it, nor equal it.
When you choose Buddy Club camshafts, you will be proud to own what years and years of racing data and experience have guided us to develop. We offer exactly what we use to win race after race and there simply is no compromise. We believe in our own products 110%

Buddy Club camshafts are designed to produce increased power all throughout the RPM range of your engine from idle to redline! With Buddy Club cams, you will not find a dramatic power surges, even when VTEC transitions. What you will find is an extremely smooth and predictable power curve that you can use to power in, through, and out of each corner and still have what it takes to dominate the straights!

With Buddy Club, there is no trial and error...

SPEC V

*Dyno Tested
268HP
233TQ

B18C1 Engine
$728.00

bigdare23
05-16-2009, 12:01 AM
What motor are these going in and what specs?

slow01
05-16-2009, 12:05 AM
SPEC V

*Dyno Tested
268HP
233TQ

B18C1 Engine

TIMING

DURATION

VALVE LIFT

VALVE CLEARANCE

1mm OPEN
1mm OPEN

INLET
35° BTDC
52° ABDC
312°
12.8mm

1mm OPEN
1mm OPEN

EXHAUST
62° BBDC
32° ATDC
306°
11.8mm

1civic
05-16-2009, 07:44 AM
Hopefully you don't put them in your DD... :headslap: lol

allmotorX
05-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Hopefully you don't put them in your DD... :headslap: lolthats probably his plan

slow01
05-16-2009, 09:24 AM
thats probably his plan

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: and this is comming from someone with no car lol

Sentra
05-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Hahaha...You should probly stop puting Spec V in front of everything. You are most likely making people think you are talking about a sentra.

BABY J
05-16-2009, 10:03 AM
This better be about Sentras or I'm not interested.

But in the end it really doesn't matter... domestics are better than imports.... there has never been a fast import in the entire history of Earth.

allmotorX
05-16-2009, 10:04 AM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: and this is comming from someone with no car loldont let the sig fool ya

1civic
05-16-2009, 11:09 AM
This better be about Sentras or I'm not interested.

It's a Civic with a Sentra Spec V motor :lmfao: ... j/k. lol

Vteckidd
05-16-2009, 11:23 AM
they are pretty much PRO2/3 Copies. My buddy made over 250whp with them, but they were on a BUILT MOTOR with ITBs

BABY J
05-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Good luck getting these mofos to idle.

all-mota
05-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Good luck getting these mofos to idle.

they actually idle fine even with itb's.

mike's right they are about the same specs as the skunk2 pro 3 cams. the cams actually degree out bigger than a set of pro 2's and the lift is close to the pro 3's. these cams have massive low lift duration on the primary lobe before vtec, unlike the skunk 2 pro 2 & 3 so they cause serious valve to valve clearance issues down low. so you have to sink to valves into the head .015 to .020 thou to solve the v2v clearance issues and make sure they are degreed in to specs

cliff notes if you don't know how to degree in cams and don't have a built engine with ported head etc etc don't even bother with the cams. you will end up with holes in your pistons from grenading the valves and your next post will be spec v cams caused me to blow my engine.

Homer Simpson
05-16-2009, 01:27 PM
i love it how people buy something then ask how they preform...

kinda pointless to ask now.

slow01
05-16-2009, 01:30 PM
they actually idle fine even with itb's.

mike's right they are about the same specs as the skunk2 pro 3 cams. the cams actually degree out bigger than a set of pro 2's and the lift is close to the pro 3's. these cams have massive low lift duration on the primary lobe before vtec, unlike the skunk 2 pro 2 & 3 so they cause serious valve to valve clearance issues down low. so you have to sink to valves into the head .015 to .020 thou to solve the v2v clearance issues and make sure they are degreed in to specs

cliff notes if you don't know how to degree in cams and don't have a built engine with ported head etc etc don't even bother with the cams. you will end up with holes in your pistons from grenading the valves and your next post will be spec v cams caused me to blow my engine.

i know what i need to do to make it work i just sold a built b20 with crower 403's and it made good power how hard was the tuning on that set up

BABY J
05-16-2009, 01:32 PM
What motor are these going in and what specs?

Prob a stock B16. LOL

i know what i need to do to make it work i just sold a built b20 with crower 403's and it made good power how hard was the tuning on that set up

How "built" are we talking was this setup??

Vteckidd
05-16-2009, 01:33 PM
LOL 403s are not PRO3s or anywhere near it

slow01
05-16-2009, 01:33 PM
i love it how people buy something then ask how they preform...

kinda pointless to ask now.

for the price i paid for them everyone would of bought them i just wanted to know how they ran thats all

WTF?
05-16-2009, 01:38 PM
quite bashing let the people who know what there talking about like vteckidd talk and leave the bs out

collins
05-16-2009, 01:48 PM
quite bashing let the people who know what there talking about like vteckidd talk and leave the bs out
what the hell did you just say?
:english:

slow01
05-16-2009, 02:47 PM

thank u i was just asking

all-mota
05-16-2009, 06:00 PM
thank u i was just asking

tuning is never the problem with any setup. i told you exactly what you needed to do in my previous post.

"the cams actually degree out bigger than a set of pro 2's and the lift is close to the pro 3's. these cams have massive low lift duration on the primary lobe before vtec, unlike the skunk 2 pro 2 & 3 so they cause serious valve to valve clearance issues down low. so you have the sink to valves into the head .015 to .020 thou to solve the v2v clearance issues and make sure they are degreed in to specs

cliff notes if you don't know how to degree in cams and don't have a built engine with ported head etc etc don't even bother with the cams. you will end up with holes in your pistons from grenading the valves and your next post will be spec v cams caused me to blow my engine"

BABY J
05-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Dude relax - we are just taking it easy on you really --- post this on HT and see what you get---- you'd come back here w/ your tail between your legs.

Building a seriou N/A engine takes serious knowledge and serious research. Why not post what setup you have (or want to have) and there will be some guys to direct you along the way --- it's easy to tear shit up let me tell you.

RedEj8
06-02-2009, 02:34 PM
If you know how to degree cams and clay a motor then you should be good...

MidLifeCrisis
06-02-2009, 05:44 PM
If you know how to degree cams and clay a motor then you should be good...

sir.. those who still rock monsoons need not post in any tech areas..

RedEj8
06-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Don't hate on my Monsoons. You know you want them on the Acura. :D

MidLifeCrisis
06-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Don't hate on my Monsoons. You know you want them on the Acura. :D

you mean the caprice wagon :ninja:

AnthonyF
06-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Hahaha...You should probly stop puting Spec V in front of everything. You are most likely making people think you are talking about a sentra.Thats what I was thinking. I was like, when did a Sentra come with a B16? :thinking:

-Ant.

speedminded
06-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Show me this 268HP/233TQ B18C1. When, where, and who?