PDA

View Full Version : can they do anything?

Georgia_boy
09-29-2005, 11:41 PM
i just found out tonight that a company i worked for was investigating me for theft, but i havent worked for them since feb of this year,
so i want to know can they actually do something now 8 months later?

this comes as a big shock to me i had no clue that i was stealing from them
damn i wonder what i did with all the stuff i did take (<---sarcastic remark)

5thgcelica
09-29-2005, 11:44 PM
well. yeah they could.

say for instance lets say you stole something and they had it on camera. they could completley prove it.

if they have full evidence, i dont see why they couldnt.

Georgia_boy
09-29-2005, 11:46 PM
well were i worked we only had the metal detectors at the doors
no camaras
forgot to mention that
but i do see where you are coming from

AtifSajid
09-30-2005, 07:21 AM
I think they have up to 3 years to press criminal charges, but if they got you on vid, thats a different story..

Kevykev
09-30-2005, 08:03 AM
Nothing for you to worry about, considering that you didn't steal anything.

Or did you???

Darling Nikki
09-30-2005, 08:28 AM
UH YEA they can do whatever they want about it....but if you did't steal anything then don't worry. HA when I was in training for being a bank teller the FBI was doing all sorts of Investigations on me. lol I was like hey guys I am may be Italian but I am in no MOB

BigBoi
09-30-2005, 09:08 AM
i believe they can only do something about it now if they have u on camera. I dont think they can take ppl's words and story as evidence now being so long ago. Im not 100% sure, but i think that is what i was told by head of security at my job

InfiniDG355
09-30-2005, 09:50 AM
Actually the statute of limitations in Georgia is 4 years from the date of discovery of the crime and if there is any physical evidence then the matter can be be investigated it all depends on what is discovered. People have been cleared of charges even when there was a video tape of the incident and then people have been sent to jail for 10 years on one peice of hair that was discovered.

HEATON
09-30-2005, 05:26 PM
If they have money for Metal Detectors, they have the money for the cameras.. U jus cant see them.

RISKYB
09-30-2005, 07:27 PM
bullshit company, there just trying to be dcks and fuck with ya or somebody else stole some shit and r blaming it on u

The Golden Child
09-30-2005, 08:12 PM
if u didnt do anything wrong than fuck em ..

Bajjani
09-30-2005, 08:18 PM
i dunno why u wud be so worried if u didnt do nething..if u didnt they shudnt have nething to be able to prove..they can try to look for somethin but once again if u didnt do nething i dunno why ur worried

^^like he said fuck em

BigBoi
09-30-2005, 09:34 PM
well i do know that if they have cameras and you were not told they had them, or if it isnt posted anywhere that you are being monitored on closed circuit monitors (cameras), that they cant do anything. Case in point.. at Bud i believe it was, several employees were caught doing drugs and other things at work. They were being watched by cameras, but they got off cuz they were never told and was never posted that they were under camera surveilance at all times.

IndianStig
10-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Well I don't know but I think its a few years when they can press charges, I take law next year so PM me and I'll find out.

If you didn't do anything don't sweat.

Kevykev
10-01-2005, 01:13 PM
I take law next year so PM me and I'll find out.

:lmfao:

I'm sure you'll be very helpful at that point!

rickgiblin
10-01-2005, 01:53 PM
hey... the real question is did you really take anything, cuse if you didnt then you have absolutely nothing to worry about.