PDA

View Full Version : spark plug non/defouler and test pipe high flow cat write up/opinion

preferredduck
05-14-2009, 10:43 PM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-how-requests-questions-tips/215795-5-o2-cheater-non-fouler-how.html

ok as you all know i have been throwing a p0420 code lately and it keeps coming back at random times. i have thought about getting a test pipe but i will still throw the code. does this work b/c if it does i may just gut the cat until i can get the cash to get a high flow cat or test pipe(prob a high flow cat for emissions that we don't have yet). i do not want my CEL and honestly if it adds a few extra ponies for a couple of mos that wouldn't be a bad thing anyways. let me know what you guys think.

project_EM1
05-15-2009, 03:53 AM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-how-requests-questions-tips/215795-5-o2-cheater-non-fouler-how.html

ok as you all know i have been throwing a p0420 code lately and it keeps coming back at random times. i have thought about getting a test pipe but i will still throw the code. does this work b/c if it does i may just gut the cat until i can get the cash to get a high flow cat or test pipe(prob a high flow cat for emissions that we don't have yet). i do not want my CEL and honestly if it adds a few extra ponies for a couple of mos that wouldn't be a bad thing anyways. let me know what you guys think.

i say change it as soon as you can before it starts to clog up your exhaust flow cause im
dealing with the same problem as you right now and but im just getting an oem replacment
cat but if you cant afford to get one yet gut it i would have done it too but i had the cash t get one so i did.

and i say go with the high flow cat better flow but can still pass emission but thats just my :2cents:

hope that helps you out

preferredduck
05-15-2009, 09:51 AM
i say change it as soon as you can before it starts to clog up your exhaust flow cause im
dealing with the same problem as you right now and but im just getting an oem replacment
cat but if you cant afford to get one yet gut it i would have done it too but i had the cash t get one so i did.

and i say go with the high flow cat better flow but can still pass emission but thats just my :2cents:

hope that helps you out

ohh yea i looked at the high flows and they are still a lil pricey atm too. lol thats sad but it's what i have to do for now. thankfully i do not have emissions out here yet but i know it's coming soon.. my hatch in my sig had the same problem and burnt a valve b/c the cat was shot to shit bad. i put a test pipe on if for now. test pipe and full exhaust for an ef $12 at pull a part. :bump:

preferredduck
05-16-2009, 10:28 PM
ok so i did this today and it works like a charm. no CEL at all and my car feels like it can breathe again. good info to know for folks that do not know and the part is #42009 at advance, it's the wonderful help kit.