GaGen2Teg
05-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Problem fixed thanks all:goodjob:

Scotsman
05-14-2009, 08:58 PM
did you plug the vtec solenoid back in?

BTEC
05-14-2009, 09:03 PM
do u have a good ground going to the solenoid?

AnthonyF
05-14-2009, 09:19 PM
I am not 100% on this, but I could have sworn if there was a coolant code, vtec wont work either.

-Ant.

OG-Skinny
05-14-2009, 09:22 PM
If there is any CEL, it won't work.

Theycall_Metue
05-14-2009, 09:23 PM
did you plug the vtec solenoid back in?
x2 that and check if you have enough oil

GaGen2Teg
05-14-2009, 09:28 PM
alright that code in the haynes manual tells me to check the green plug thats going to the vtec solenoid. I had a check engine light on before and vtec worked??? Then I tried to see if i could reset the ecu and when i pulled the fuse the whole car died? Help plz.

AnthonyF
05-14-2009, 09:30 PM
Now, i do believe there are 2 connecters VERY close to each other than can plug it one another. Make sure they are correct.

-Ant.

MidLifeCrisis
05-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Now, i do believe there are 2 connecters VERY close to each other than can plug it one another. Make sure they are correct.

-Ant.

truth! the plug for the oil pressure switch in the VTEC solenoid will be somewhat close to the ECT sensor.. well it is on D and F series, not sure with B series..

GaGen2Teg
05-14-2009, 09:39 PM
What plug am i suppose to check?

this pic is off the web

BTEC
05-14-2009, 09:57 PM
does the black wire on the green plug go into the harness?

dabuilding
05-14-2009, 10:28 PM
green plug is the vtec pressure switch and the black one is wat engages vtec but code 6 is coolant temp sensor that is in that pic too its the grey plug under the vtec solenoid pull it off and get a new sensor and check all grounds gl man :goodjob: hope this info helps

GaGen2Teg
05-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Yeah black wire runs to the harness.

Will check.replace coolant temp sensor tomorrow.
Can that cause vtec not to work?

turbob20
05-15-2009, 04:19 AM
if these things arent working or operational neither will you vtec. 1. up to operating temp which you wont be if you have a code 6 coolant temp code. 2.speed sensor working. 3. throttle pos sensor working. 4. oil pressure to v tec pressure switch. 5.spool valve or vtech solenoid and last 5.rpm window switch in ecu or tach. vtec presure switch code is 22 and solenoid is 21. in this chilton it says all these must work or be at normal operation temp coolant wise for vtech to engage. just get a coolant temp sensor and take off the ground for 10 secs and reset your ecu.hope this helps

GaGen2Teg
05-15-2009, 08:33 AM
if these things arent working or operational neither will you vtec. 1. up to operating temp which you wont be if you have a code 6 coolant temp code. 2.speed sensor working. 3. throttle pos sensor working. 4. oil pressure to v tec pressure switch. 5.spool valve or vtech solenoid and last 5.rpm window switch in ecu or tach. vtec presure switch code is 22 and solenoid is 21. in this chilton it says all these must work or be at normal operation temp coolant wise for vtech to engage. just get a coolant temp sensor and take off the ground for 10 secs and reset your ecu.hope this helps

fixin to get a new coolant temp sensor today hopefully all my problems disappear. i tried resetting my ecu the car just died on me:thinking:

everyone who has replied with a helpful answer will be repped

if problems still occur i will let you guys know!

dabuilding
05-15-2009, 09:19 AM
fixin to get a new coolant temp sensor today hopefully all my problems disappear. i tried resetting my ecu the car just died on me:thinking:

everyone who has replied with a helpful answer will be repped

if problems still occur i will let you guys know!

u gotta reset it while the car is off man :goodjob:

Vteckidd
05-15-2009, 09:24 AM
couldnt have said it better myself.

not ALL CEL will disable VTEC. Only VSS, COOLANT Temp, etc listed above will.

preferredduck
05-15-2009, 09:54 AM
I am not 100% on this, but I could have sworn if there was a coolant code, vtec wont work either.

-Ant.

yep the car has to get to normal opertating temp(basically warm up) for VTEC to work. make sure the solnoid is plugged in and check the coolant temp sensor which should also be somewhere in that area. Ant is on the $$ on this one. when my car is cold there is no VTEC. as soon as it warms a lil it works. check the code and fix it man if you need the coolant temp sensor get it, but you may just have a bad connection on the plug or not plugged in all the way. if i remember correctly can't these be stubborn at times while unhooking.

preferredduck
05-15-2009, 09:58 AM
couldnt have said it better myself.

not ALL CEL will disable VTEC. Only VSS, COOLANT Temp, etc listed above will.

amen a p0420 code on my car and VTAK still screams. lol

GaGen2Teg
05-15-2009, 09:14 PM
found the problem! damn wires where loose near the plug gotta splice and reconnect them!

preferredduck
05-16-2009, 12:13 PM
found the problem! damn wires where loose near the plug gotta splice and reconnect them!

i thought that would be it since it worked before, those connectors can be stubborn since they have been on there a while.

GaGen2Teg
05-16-2009, 03:24 PM
okay took the car out earlier check engine light came on. code is 19 lock up control solenoid???

i do have a chipped p28 with a p30 map on it if that is any useful info.

what does this code do and do i need it? i looked in my haynes manual and it didnt have this code for the integra. so whats the deal with this now?

preferredduck
05-16-2009, 09:38 PM
okay took the car out earlier check engine light came on. code is 19 lock up control solenoid???

i do have a chipped p28 with a p30 map on it if that is any useful info.

what does this code do and do i need it? i looked in my haynes manual and it didnt have this code for the integra. so whats the deal with this now?

i have never heard of that but will try to get some info, my manual has info for obd-1 and obd-2 trouble codes.

GaGen2Teg
05-16-2009, 09:53 PM
o forgot to put nvm its gone!

green91
05-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Lockup control solenoid code is for an automatic trans.

preferredduck
05-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Lockup control solenoid code is for an automatic trans.

no wonder i wouldn't know that i have only had 1 auto tranny out of all the cars i've had lol.

glad to see the CEL is gone.