PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods question about my cams and intake manny

-S Double C-
09-29-2005, 10:35 PM
Im getting some ITR Cams and a Aebs intake manifold this coming up weekend..and i was wondering how much of a horsepower gain will i see??

99SI
09-30-2005, 09:04 AM
Do you have something to tune it with? If you just drop them in without any way to tune for them then you will probably see little gain. It will gain some but not near the potential unless you plan to tune for them. I have the aebs mani and it is a quality unit. If you have an obd1 chipped for uberdata or crome then you should see some pretty good gains with that combo, as long as you get the RMF header I told you to get. If you are running the DC header w/ 2" collector then you will hit a wall because it will not scavenge enough to get the full benefit of the cams higher lift and duration. That's my problem right now, I need a minimal port and polish job w/ a good valve job and a better header to really see the potential of my cams(RM M22's). They still have great midrange and not a bad topend but w/ a little more flow they will really open up and be sweet.

ECE3040
09-30-2005, 04:25 PM
How can you tell if it's real ctr or itr camshafts just by lookin at them at the picture?

Is that true that 00-01 itr cams are different and better than other yrs?

And can anyone explain what's uberdata?

thnx

oh and sorry, kinda off topic.
But I've been thinkin about getting type r camshafts and that aebs IM everyone talks about too. So kinda wanna know.

ash7
10-06-2005, 07:56 PM
How can you tell if it's real ctr or itr camshafts just by lookin at them at the picture?

Is that true that 00-01 itr cams are different and better than other yrs?

And can anyone explain what's uberdata?

thnx

Uberdata is just another tuning program for chipped ECUs. The best thing about it is it's free to anyone who wants to use it... all you have to do is find a chipped ECU and program a chip with it.

ITR camshafts have a slightly different design on the ends of them. They're smooth as opposed to having small ridges.

00-01 ITR camshafts have the same profile of the CTR, the other year ITRs have a different intake duration.