PDA

View Full Version : Random Hey Mo-Fo's, I need some feedback.

Ran
05-13-2009, 06:49 AM
I made this vid the other day and I need some feedback not on the content of the video, but more on the video editting. Looking for tips on timing, features, text, and whatever else you think is important. Any advice or other bullsh*t? Help me out as I may have some projects coming up with this kinda thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utnWXRtxw34

I appreciate it. :cheers:

Doppelgänger
05-13-2009, 07:34 AM
I didn't watch it.. but it sucks

:ninja:

DJ Maestro
05-13-2009, 07:49 AM
As far as the editing goes you had smooth transitions and you did your titling well. The unsteady and out of focus cameras take away from the overall product though. I know you said only look at the editing side and I'd say for just starting out it was ok. Keep working at man and you'll rock it.

I have a project in the works, as you know :ninja: , and when it eventually gets to editing I'll be sure to let you in on the fun. :goodjob:

Ran
05-13-2009, 07:52 AM
As far as the editing goes you had smooth transitions and you did your titling well. The unsteady and out of focus cameras take away from the overall product though. I know you said only look at the editing side and I'd say for just starting out it was ok. Keep working at man and you'll rock it.Thanks dude. Yeah, the camera we had wasn't all that great but it worked okay for what we were doing. I'm hoping to get something decent of my own soon. :goodjob:

I have a project in the works, as you know :ninja: , and when it eventually gets to editing I'll be sure to let you in on the fun. :goodjob: :ninja: :cheers:

Bruce Leroy
05-13-2009, 08:22 AM
the music is to loud/gay

AnthonyF
05-13-2009, 08:27 AM
The editing of the video was well done. The music was TOO LOUD and the wrong type of music. Nothing wrong with being different, but most cars guys don't want to hear that ish.

Also, turn the music off during the runs. We don't want to hear that, just the vehicles.

-Ant.

DJ Maestro
05-13-2009, 08:29 AM
The editing of the video was well done. The music was TOO LOUD and the wrong type of music. Nothing wrong with being different, but most cars guys don't want to hear that ish.

Also, turn the music off during the runs. We don't want to hear that, just the vehicles.

-Ant.

Listener volume adjustments take care of the too loud issue. The music all the way through adds a nice touch IMO. :goodjob:

AnthonyF
05-13-2009, 08:34 AM
Listener volume adjustments take care of the too loud issue. The music all the way through adds a nice touch IMO. :goodjob:

No sir. If I turn down the video, i can't hear the cars. DUH.

Racers and spectators want to hear the cars, the revs, the exhaust, blow off valves, tire squeals, misshifts, etc... Not a song.

-Ant.

DJ Maestro
05-13-2009, 08:46 AM
No sir. If I turn down the video, i can't hear the cars. DUH.

Racers and spectators want to hear the cars, the revs, the exhaust, blow off valves, tire squeals, misshifts, etc... Not a song.

-Ant.

In that case, yes, he could have turned the music down a bit for the race scenes, but I don't think he would have needed to silence the music all togeter. :goodjob:

AnthonyF
05-13-2009, 08:56 AM
^exactly. A lot of vids do that too. Just some constructive criticism.

-Ant.

Ran
05-13-2009, 10:28 AM
The editing of the video was well done. The music was TOO LOUD and the wrong type of music. :tongue1:

Also, turn the music off during the runs. We don't want to hear that, just the vehicles.I actually tried messing with the sound settings but was having trouble reducing the music volume during the runs without silencing it throughout the entire video. Truth be told, there was so much wind noise in the actual runs that you're not really missing much. :doh:

AnthonyF
05-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Yeah, only few have been able to have no wind noise. :( damn skeet races.

-Ant.

FAM0U5
05-13-2009, 01:56 PM
I dont know if you were going for a anime thing but the song made it that way, The song didn't brother me much but I have to agree with these guys with the song just tone it down a bit.

Ran
05-13-2009, 04:24 PM
I dont know if you were going for a anime thing but the song made it that way, The song didn't brother me much but I have to agree with these guys with the song just tone it down a bit.I wanted something with a beat, but mellow'd out. The hard trance and/or rock bit is too common on these vids so I wanted to try something a bit different. Mixed reviews have me curious as to what to try next. :)

Kevykev
05-14-2009, 06:48 AM
Closing music makes me want to pop pills.

Video was ok.

What if you lost, would you have made it? lol

Ran
05-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Closing music makes me want to pop pills.

Video was ok.

What if you lost, would you have made it? lolYeah, I just like making vids. They can be of runs, cruising, or whatever. As long as it's all fun. :goodjob:

87 Turbo II
05-14-2009, 02:16 PM
What did we learn today?

RWD + Turbocharging > N/A FWD

Wait I already knew that.

Ummm slow Japanese music doesn't go well with races?

DING DING DING!

VickNotic
05-14-2009, 04:28 PM
whats that last song called? 8D

Ran
05-15-2009, 08:06 AM
whats that last song called? 8DIt's in the credits under Music #2. lol

FAM0U5
05-17-2009, 01:40 PM
After re-watching it, It feel like Im watching initial d or midnight wagon. lol