PDA

View Full Version : Ticket??????

240sx_boi
05-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Can u get out of a racing ticket???????? Can police arrest u without saying ur right, and if they did arrest u for incrimating urself for not knowing ur right, also do a police officer need to show u how fast they clock u going or even ask u if u wanted to see it. i know different state have different law. have anybody ever been in this problem before. some advice would help, i'm from georgia. and does anybody know of a good lawyer

Update:
July 23 2009

Well i went to court today and what happen. My lawyer took care of everything. All ticket drop, no charge. The only thing i have to do is give up my bail money. yep... hater will hate me for this, but hey got myself a good lawyer. "Deaklb County"
My ticket were:
1.Racing
2.Speeding 91 on a 55
3.Reckless driving
4.Impoper lane change

Talk about being lucky.

My Lawyer was
Raymond B Lail
404 352 3848
He was a real good guy and a good ass lawyer.

90_ACCORD
05-12-2009, 07:29 PM
i doubt you can get out of it unless you have some good evidence to prove you werent racing

were you actually racing?

quickdodgeŽ
05-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Can u get out of a racing ticket???????? or does anybody know of a good lawyer

I hoped you get fucked raw. Later, QD.

240sx_boi
05-12-2009, 07:38 PM
I hoped you get fucked raw. Later, QD.

haha and i hope u see the better side of life low life

quickdodgeŽ
05-12-2009, 07:51 PM
haha and i hope u see the better side of life low life

You got the "I'm an idiot" ticket and you call ME a low life? You have no idea how great my life is. I, on the other hand, know exactly how much better my life is than yours, Boy. Sucker.

Don't forget to use protection. Later, QD.

90_ACCORD
05-12-2009, 07:56 PM
You got the "I'm an idiot" ticket and you call ME a low life? You have no idea how great my life is. I, on the other hand, know exactly how much better my life is than yours, Boy. Sucker.

Don't forget to use protection. Later, QD.

you seem to be a little angry tonight.

tell him how it is tho

quickdodgeŽ
05-12-2009, 07:57 PM

Angry? Not over Internet stuff. Later, QD.

NAMNORI
05-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Can u get out of a racing ticket???????? Can police arrest u without saying ur right, and if they did arrest u for incrimating urself for not knowing ur right, also do a police officer need to show u how fast they clock u going or even ask u if u wanted to see it. i know different state have different law. have anybody ever been in this problem before. some advice would help, i'm from georgia. and does anybody know of a good lawyer

hey dumb fuck this does not belong in the politics section take it to whoreslounge please. BTW, you is fukked dawg, i can't believe you fucked yourself! When the cops are asking questions you don't have to answer, you know that whole part of having the right to remain silent.i understand you having the right doesn't mean you have the ability but seriously, really????. Engrish next time.

SPOOLIN
05-13-2009, 07:35 AM
it should be on dash cam and recorded on a lapel mic your conversation so if they didn't read you the rights then it should all be there and they can't charge you without your rights.

They do NOT have to show you the radar and they do NOT even have to show you the calibration...You would have to walk back to the car any ways to see it unless they got you with a laser GUN.

I've gotten out of radar tickets before because i knew more about how the technology(or lack of) worked than the officer.

DynamicSound
05-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Your only bet to get out of it or get the charges reduced is to get a lawyer and have a jury trial. I did this when I was 20 for a speeding ticket. I was going 130 in a 65. They used radar to clock me. However, the prosecutor did not bring all the proper documents to show that the radar was legal to use. They have to bring like 14 documents to prove that they could use that radar that night. So my lawyer got the radar completely thrown out. Then the cop said he visually clocked me going that speed which is legal...they can do that. By the end of it, the jury found me guilty of only going 83mph in the 65mph.

SPOOLIN
05-13-2009, 12:43 PM
lol a jury trial over a speeding ticket, thats priceless.

There are rules for when they can and can not use radar, different slopes and grades are included.

AirMax95
05-13-2009, 12:46 PM
OMG.......really.. :eek:

AirMax95
05-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Find a bridge and drift off it please.

BanginJimmy
05-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Your only bet to get out of it or get the charges reduced is to get a lawyer and have a jury trial.

You can be denied a jury trial and any prosecutor that does not fight it is an idiot. A jury trial is only required if they charge you with a felony that is punishable by more than 6 months in prison or more than 1k in fines if I remember correctly.

To the OP:
If you incriminated yourself before you were arrested then its your own damn fault. Miranda is not required for a traffic stop.

Nick Jeezy
05-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Raymond Lail.

404 352 3848

he is the man.. got me out of so many tickets. and a few people on this board and 240atl.

WTF?
05-13-2009, 01:26 PM
no they dont need proof of you street racing to chrage you with it or atleast thats what they told me when i was getting my ass handed to my by the state it was either take the speeding ticket and reckless driving or if i fight it they were going to tack on street racing it sucked but i got over it and learned my lesson

DynamicSound
05-13-2009, 02:13 PM
You can be denied a jury trial and any prosecutor that does not fight it is an idiot. A jury trial is only required if they charge you with a felony that is punishable by more than 6 months in prison or more than 1k in fines if I remember correctly.

To the OP:
If you incriminated yourself before you were arrested then its your own damn fault. Miranda is not required for a traffic stop.

Umm...a racing ticket can go well over $1000. I have also known 4 other people that did the same...and they got a jury trial. So umm no.

DynamicSound
05-13-2009, 02:14 PM
lol a jury trial over a speeding ticket, thats priceless.

There are rules for when they can and can not use radar, different slopes and grades are included.

Yep, the jury was pissed!!! Either way they dropped it way down.

BanginJimmy
05-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Umm...a racing ticket can go well over $1000. I have also known 4 other people that did the same...and they got a jury trial. So umm no.

Is the racing ticket alone more than 1k, or is that the amount after all charges are added together? With racing you can add speeding, court costs, reckless driving and several other things that could easily go over 1k. Just like a DUI case. The actual ticket doesnt go over 1k, but when you add in all the other costs, that number goes far higher.

I'm not also not saying that you COULDNT get a jury trial, but a prosecutor would be dumb not to fight it.

tdurr
05-13-2009, 10:29 PM
hm... interesting stuff here. And if u werent read ur right after u got arrested and then u incriminated urself then u can get out of it. Get the cops car + badge # and the date + time of the ticket and get the dash video.

mm2654
05-14-2009, 11:47 AM
When I was charged with racing(was not actually racing, only speeding in the vicinity of another tuner just weeks after the first F&F came out) I hired a lawyer and he got the racing charge dropped, part of the agreement was that I had to pay the fine for racing. The lawyer was also able to get the speed dropped 4 mph so I didn't get any points on my license.

eraser4g63
05-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Why is this in the political section?

batlude
05-15-2009, 12:55 PM
send the mafia on him

ShooterMcGavin
06-03-2009, 01:00 PM
this ain't got shit to do w/politics, moved!

MongolPup
06-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Listen to these dumbfucks. If he can't even properly type, do you believe he can give proper legal advice?

DriVaH
06-03-2009, 01:16 PM
sorry for all the hostillity man, it happens when you put your business out there... this is a question that would best be answered by a lawyer. GL...

Me86Rob
06-04-2009, 01:20 AM
they dont have to read u your rights, but if they dont they cant use anything you say against you. the cars are mic'd. ur prolly fucked

redrumracer
06-04-2009, 02:05 AM

tell him how it is tho
lol angry??? he has always been this passionate about streetracing getting maimed or other injuries, QD has no sympathy for those that race and put others lives at danger.

now not swingin his nuts before some faggot says i am, just sayin it like i see it and how it prob is.

Brick
06-04-2009, 04:00 AM
so if they didn't read you the rights then it should all be there and they can't charge you without your rights.

Not true at all.

marcos713
06-06-2009, 01:01 AM
How do radar guns work? Anyway we might be able to talk our way out of a ticket incase we ever get 1?

ztastic
06-06-2009, 09:21 AM
yea pm i got one of the best lawyer

Echonova
06-06-2009, 09:38 AM
How do radar guns work? It's top secret how they work, but I think I've figured it out. They use a radar gun to send out a radio pulse and waits for the reflection. Then it measures the doppler shift in the signal and uses the shift to determine your speed.
Anyway we might be able to talk our way out of a ticket incase we ever get 1? Tell the cop you're a cop and you work the "B" shift in a different county. He'll extend professional courtesy and let you go with a warning. Works everytime.

speedminded
06-06-2009, 10:28 AM
How do radar guns work? Anyway we might be able to talk our way out of a ticket incase we ever get 1?Radar guns are calibrated with tuning forks, as far as I know Georgia calibrates for 33 mph and the other is for 66mph. They "ring" each fork then dial them both in to the correct mph. Halfway between 33 and 66 is 49.5 mph, a difference of 16.5. Add that 16.5 to 66 and that will give you the highest accurate amount of mph the radar gun is calibrated for. Ironically 66 + 16.5 is 82.5 and the dude that had the jury trial was charged for 83 mph. Anything above that amount is not accurate and the higher it goes the more error there is. That is information coming from a retired officer. Sources on the internet say one is for ground speed and the other is for patrol car speed. It is all different for the different radar bands used and stationary radar is calibrated differently than moving radar.

Other laws (those "14" documents, etc.):
1) One, the gun has to be certified with an annual or semi annual inspection. Every single one has to be sent off. It has to be done by a 3rd party/independent, not the department themselves. This is not always done. They may only send off a few.

2) The gun has to be calibrated daily and it's recorded by the officer each time. Hand written, date and time of calibration.

3) The road the radar is being used on MUST be certified by the FCC. Each county/city has a huge book with all the roads that are certified for radar use. If that road isn't on the list then it legally can't be used on it.

4) The department has to licensed by the Department of Public Safety to use the radar/laser. They pay for an annual permit. If they don't renew that permit then they lose all radar use privileges and it takes months to go through the process again. (I lived in a county that lost their permit for over 3 months because they failed to renew it in a timely manner, good times.) It's not just that the department that is certified, each and every officer has to be certified and registered under that department. If it's a new or transfered officer there is a chance he is not registered with that department.

5) Line of site has to be a minimum of 500' to prevent entrapment. 500 feet on an interstate isn't far at all but 500 feet in congested area where the speed limit is only 25 to 45 is a considerable distance.

6) It's unlawful for them to ticket you with radar if the slope is greater than 7.0% grade downhill. This is 7 feet down for every 100 feet forward. It is much steeper than you think. If you've seen the signs in the mountains that say "12% grade downhill, trucks use lower gear" then you know what I mean.

7) Just because there is a speed limit sign does not mean it instantly applies. You have 300 feet in an unincorporated area and 150 feet in an incorporated area past the sign before that change of speed limit legally applies to you.

8) An officer can not be within 500 feet of a speed detection device warning sign.

I should do a complete write up including the codes they refer too...

MongolPup
06-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Radar guns are calibrated with tuning forks, as far as I know Georgia calibrates for 33 mph and the other is for 66mph. They "ring" each fork then dial them both in to the correct mph. Halfway between 33 and 66 is 49.5 mph, a difference of 16.5. Add that 16.5 to 66 and that will give you the highest accurate amount of mph the radar gun is calibrated for. Ironically 66 + 16.5 is 82.5 and the dude that had the jury trial was charged for 83 mph. Anything above that amount is not accurate and the higher it goes the more error there is. That is information coming from a retired officer. Sources on the internet say one is for ground speed and the other is for patrol car speed. It is all different for the different radar bands used and stationary radar is calibrated differently than moving radar.

1) One, the gun has to be certified with an annual or semi annual inspection. Every single one has to be sent off. It has to be done by a 3rd party/independent, not the department themselves. This is not always done. They may only send off a few.

2) The gun has to be calibrated daily and it's recorded by the officer each time. Hand written, date and time of calibration.

3) The road the radar is being used on MUST be certified by the FCC. Each county/city has a huge book with all the roads that are certified for radar use. If that road isn't on the list then it legally can't be used on it.

4) The department has to licensed by the Department of Public Safety to use the radar/laser. They pay for an annual permit. If they don't renew that permit then they lose all radar use privileges and it takes months to go through the process again. (I lived in a county that lost their permit for over 3 months because they failed to renew it in a timely manner, good times.) It's not just that the department that is certified, each and every officer has to be certified and registered under that department. If it's a new or transfered officer there is a chance he is not registered with that department.

5) Line of site has to be a minimum of 500' to prevent entrapment. 500 feet on an interstate isn't far at all but 500 feet in congested area where the speed limit is only 25 to 45 is a considerable distance.

6) It's unlawful for them to ticket you with radar if the slope is greater than 7.0% grade downhill. This is 7 feet down for every 100 feet forward. It is much steeper than you think. If you've seen the signs in the mountains that say "12% grade downhill, trucks use lower gear" then you know what I mean.

7) Just because there is a speed limit sign does not mean it instantly applies. You have 300 feet in an unincorporated area and 150 feet in an incorporated area past the sign before that change of speed limit legally applies to you.

8) An officer can not be within 500 feet of a speed detection device warning sign.

Go for it. I pulled up a ton of this on LexisNexis and can post the actual documents if need be.

marcos713
06-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Radar guns are calibrated with tuning forks, as far as I know Georgia calibrates for 33 mph and the other is for 66mph. They "ring" each fork then dial them both in to the correct mph. Halfway between 33 and 66 is 49.5 mph, a difference of 16.5. Add that 16.5 to 66 and that will give you the highest accurate amount of mph the radar gun is calibrated for. Ironically 66 + 16.5 is 82.5 and the dude that had the jury trial was charged for 83 mph. Anything above that amount is not accurate and the higher it goes the more error there is. That is information coming from a retired officer. Sources on the internet say one is for ground speed and the other is for patrol car speed. It is all different for the different radar bands used and stationary radar is calibrated differently than moving radar.

thanx very helpful :goodjob:
alot to take in all at 1ce but il keep this thread in mind if i ever get pulld over