PDA

View Full Version : 94 Honda Civic EX Idling Problem

darrylec
05-12-2009, 01:55 PM
i'm sure the first part of this thread is an easy fix for all of you veteran honda owners...it's the 2nd question i really need some help with since i can't seem to find exactly wut i'm looking for in a google search
question #1
after my car warms up it seems to idle at 900 rpms for a few seconds and then it drops to i'm going to say 100-300 rpms causing a bit of shaking...i'm sure it's just a screw i need to tighten up but i don't know exactly wut screw on the throttle body it is...so a link to another thread or diy would be helpful with first part.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33mhfO_FjhM
question #2
i don't have a video of this question b/c it doesn't happen all the time...probably once for like 2 min every other day.
i seem to be idle bouncing. the idle bounch only starts after the car has been warmed up and been driven. if i let the car sit and warm up it won't happen..but every now and then..while driving...i come to a stop or i coast with car in neutral and it will idle bounce from 900-2000 rpms..back and forth as if my foot was on the pedal tapping it every 2 seconds. when i see this happen..i press rpms past 3k then completely get off clutch and gas and notice that it still will do it on it's own...the only way i remedy this situation is if i come to a complete stop and shut off the car...when i start it back up...problem is "temporarily fixed". no one may have an EXACT answer for me..but closest as possible is much appreciated as to wut to do to completely fix this problem...please don't use abbrevations as i don't fulling understand them all.

darrylec
05-12-2009, 01:58 PM
give youtube a lil time on the video..they take forever to process a video

hondaxpurt
05-26-2009, 07:43 AM
i'm sure the first part of this thread is an easy fix for all of you veteran honda owners...it's the 2nd question i really need some help with since i can't seem to find exactly wut i'm looking for in a google search
question #1
after my car warms up it seems to idle at 900 rpms for a few seconds and then it drops to i'm going to say 100-300 rpms causing a bit of shaking...i'm sure it's just a screw i need to tighten up but i don't know exactly wut screw on the throttle body it is...so a link to another thread or diy would be helpful with first part.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33mhfO_FjhM
question #2
i don't have a video of this question b/c it doesn't happen all the time...probably once for like 2 min every other day.
i seem to be idle bouncing. the idle bounch only starts after the car has been warmed up and been driven. if i let the car sit and warm up it won't happen..but every now and then..while driving...i come to a stop or i coast with car in neutral and it will idle bounce from 900-2000 rpms..back and forth as if my foot was on the pedal tapping it every 2 seconds. when i see this happen..i press rpms past 3k then completely get off clutch and gas and notice that it still will do it on it's own...the only way i remedy this situation is if i come to a complete stop and shut off the car...when i start it back up...problem is "temporarily fixed". no one may have an EXACT answer for me..but closest as possible is much appreciated as to wut to do to completely fix this problem...please don't use abbrevations as i don't fulling understand them all.

ah....the ever so popular honda IACV....

scttydb411
05-26-2009, 08:01 AM
iacv or fitv if you have one.