PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Audi A6 TV/Headunit installation!! HELP!!

DamnDisLaOsBoY
05-11-2009, 07:23 PM
anyone know where to start? i got my head unit out and installed my tv with harness and antenna extension. Forgot i had a factory amp. Anyone know how to go from there on installing it? tweeters work but bose component factory speakers dont work. any advice would help!

hybrid90accord
05-12-2009, 01:58 PM
most of the audi's are only amped in the rear speakers but id done a few with the factory bose and i just found the woofer wires Left Rear: Gray,Gray/yellow Right and Gray Brown Gray Blue. Also you can catch a
turn on for the amp at the ignition harness. In order to get
to the ignition harness you'll need to pull the driver side
knee bolster off. To do this there is two small panels
beneath the steering wheel that hide the 10 mm bolts,
these panels just pop off. There is three 10 mm bolts
behind these panels, pull the bolts off and the knee bolster
should come right off. The color for the turn on lead is:
yellow/black. Make sure you fuse the turn on lead to
protect the wire from tapping to ground. Also always make
sure you test the wires before tapping into them. i hope that helps if not ill see if i can help some more

DynamicSound
05-12-2009, 06:46 PM
All you need is an AMplifier integration harness. Metra makes the 70-1787 for your car. Connections the same way but has the RCA's on it. Give me a call tomorrow and I will let you know a price for it if you need it. I thinking $10-$15, but I have to check tomorrow. 678-740-9077

DamnDisLaOsBoY
05-12-2009, 11:13 PM
All you need is an AMplifier integration harness. Metra makes the 70-1787 for your car. Connections the same way but has the RCA's on it. Give me a call tomorrow and I will let you know a price for it if you need it. I thinking $10-$15, but I have to check tomorrow. 678-740-9077

kool i will call you!