PDA

View Full Version : ITR 5Lug Conversion Question

xlilvi3tx
05-10-2009, 11:33 PM
If I were to do a 5 lug conversion on a integra, can I use my front LCA's with the type r brake components? Is it possible to ONLY use the knuckle, hub, and brake and keep my current suspension or would I have to change out the front LCA as well? :thinking: I understand that the rear 5 lug, I can just change out the LCA to not use the type r LCA and suspension. Any help would be great, thanks in advance. :goodjob:

six7teen
05-11-2009, 03:51 AM
yes, you can keep both your front and rear LCA's.. :goodjob:

99jdmLs
05-11-2009, 06:55 AM
I did this with my integra. Everything bolts up exactly with no modification.

And you wont regret doing it, lol

RBS
05-11-2009, 07:13 AM

you really wont lol

Captain-Obvious™
05-11-2009, 09:18 AM
I did this with my integra. Everything bolts up exactly with no modification.

thought you bought it already converted?

xlilvi3tx
05-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Thanks! +reps for yall and also did yall use the usdm or jdm? As of what I know, the only difference is the 32mm and 36mm axle. Is there any other differences?

RBS
05-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Thanks! +reps for yall and also did yall use the usdm or jdm? As of what I know, the only difference is the 32mm and 36mm axle. Is there any other differences?

nope thats it, and thats the main reason why i got the USDM one instead of the JDM one... so i dont have to rig up some axles lol

xlilvi3tx
05-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Yeh.. easy access to axles lol. Thanks alot dude!

Atlblkz06
05-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Why bother with a 5 lug conversion to begin with? Wheel selection?

RBS
05-11-2009, 10:22 AM

larger wheel selection, more brake upgrades and better brakes from the getgo, all OEM parts so if anything goes wrong such as bad caliper.. bad lines.. or pads in general, can go anywhere and get it. larger/beefier knuckles space the hub out 5mm further out which is good for some people...

prolly more, just cant think of it.

but i guess from my own opinion, i did it just to do it lol .. got tired of 4 lug nuts.. :ninja:

six7teen
05-11-2009, 02:34 PM

yeah right.. pretty much the ONLY modification to that car when we went up and got it was the front end...

unless you consider a type R muffler with no cat or resonator a mod... :goodjob:

Captain-Obvious™
05-11-2009, 02:37 PM
yeah right.. pretty much the ONLY modification to that car when we went up and got it was the front end...

unless you consider a type R muffler with no cat or resonator a mod... :goodjob:

oh yeah...I remember now...they stripped the hell out of that car before they sold it...

SPOOLIN
05-11-2009, 02:51 PM
wtf i find it a lot harder to find a wheel i want in 5x114.3 lug pattern than when i had 4 lug...and im not about to spend 1800$ on a set of wheels.

six7teen
05-11-2009, 03:01 PM
oh yeah...I remember now...they stripped the hell out of that car before they sold it...

well, it never had a five lug conversion on it.. that was her pink teg... but yeah, they did take a lot of crap off.. but w/e, it is lookin better now then it EVER did before.. good job rich :goodjob:

99jdmLs
05-11-2009, 03:57 PM
wtf i find it a lot harder to find a wheel i want in 5x114.3 lug pattern than when i had 4 lug...and im not about to spend 1800$ on a set of wheels.
the only downfall is the wheel selection, your only real "cheap" selection is OEM wheels and 90 percent of 5x114 oem wheels are 17inch+. no bueno IMO.

the JDM itr wheel is what i would like but as said, they cost. 1k-1200 bucks. lol but its what you really prefer. i don't mind rolling on usdm wheels even though everyone has them. ill change it up eventually

and ya, the only thing that was modded about my car was the jdm front(whcih was zip tied, crappy headlights, and a dented fender), some crappy 17 inch wheels, bad exhaust, and an idiot me who bout it bc i didn't know any better. lol

SPOOLIN
05-11-2009, 05:45 PM
well...maybe some usdm civic si wheels everyone has, but itr wheels aren't just on your neighbors civic rolling down the street.

the JDM itr wheels are what i would like, but they are 1500-1800 on all of the sites, lol that is no bueno...

xlilvi3tx
05-11-2009, 11:06 PM

Personally, I just want bigger brakes and bigger brakes that will clear 15s and 16s. I wouldnt mind getting big brakes but shit, most of them dont clear 16s. Wheel options is just a bonus kuz I'm a wheel whore anyway. Currently riding on Advan RG with some pussy ass stock brakes sucks lol.

six7teen
05-12-2009, 04:50 AM
Personally, I just want bigger brakes and bigger brakes that will clear 15s and 16s. I wouldnt mind getting big brakes but shit, most of them dont clear 16s. Wheel options is just a bonus kuz I'm a wheel whore anyway. Currently riding on Advan RG with some pussy ass stock brakes sucks lol.

very true.. i love the way the ITR brakes fill up a 15 in wheel :rolleyes: