PDA

View Full Version : NissanTun3rs car vs. QDs car VOTE NOW

Got Milk?
05-10-2009, 10:25 PM
I saw qd and nissan going back and forth on who has a better car.

Well lets see what IA thinks. Be honest, dont try to lick anyones balls.

Which one would u reather have?

QDs car(s):

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7158/restoresigpic.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=restoresigpic.jpg)

NissanTun3r Car:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3474/img7242b.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img7242b.jpg)

here is the story:

Plz stop talking trash to everyone here. You have no room to do so. You suck, Your car sucks. Your life outside of IA sucks. So go hide in a corner like a good little bitch.

BTW, just wondering if you were ever able to substantiate your claim that your Nissan is better than my Honda. Probably not, which is why you keep avoiding that issue. Lolol. Later, QD.

Simply go to kbb and find the values of our cars. Or, go up to a fine looking girl, and ask which car she would rather ride in. Or go up to some random guy(which should be no problem for you), and ask him which car he would rather have. And by some random guy I don't mean IA which is mostly comprised of honda owner and would thus obviously favor your pos honda.

[/b]

Better in which way?

My car looks better. This is fact. My paint is new, My wheels are new. my whole interior is new. Unlike your old as ragged car.

My car is faster. My car brakes better.

Your car MIGHT get better gas mileage, that's it.

My car is worth more.

My engine has been on wards top 10 best engine list from its inception until 2009.

lol @ you qd

It goes on and on lol.

VOTE!

gtrmonkey
05-10-2009, 10:26 PM
You have way too much time.

The Ninja
05-10-2009, 10:26 PM
>_>.....this thread provides no entertainment. FAIL.

trundog
05-10-2009, 10:27 PM
Why didn't you get a good/big pic of QD's car?

Jecht
05-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Pointless argument is pointless.

Got Milk?
05-10-2009, 10:28 PM
You have way too much time.

lets see. You sit there for 6 hours just click on random topics. I sit here for lil while and make a topic. And im the one with too much time?

Got Milk?
05-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Why didn't you get a good/big pic of QD's car?

no need for that. since most people on here saw his car irl.

BKgen®
05-10-2009, 10:29 PM
QD's car hands down... and not just because he's less of a douche than nissanp00ner.

x Resilience
05-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Like I said in the other thread, you can't really compare the two. Its like comparing a linebacker to a quarter back, asking which one is better.

redrumracer
05-10-2009, 10:32 PM
id say the nissan its just a better car for something that i like. nothing against QD's other than its an older car and not really my style

Got Milk?
05-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Like I said in the other thread, you can't really compare the two. Its like comparing a linebacker to a quarter back, asking which one is better.

why not idiot. car is a car. which one would u reather have, an old car or a newer car? is it that hard?

Jecht
05-10-2009, 10:34 PM
I just realized that NissanTuner has the same birth date as me. That day will never be the same.

IndianStig
05-10-2009, 10:34 PM
To be honest....nissan tuners car looks good.

x Resilience
05-10-2009, 10:35 PM
why not idiot. car is a car. which one would u reather have, an old car or a newer car? is it that hard?

Because for one, QD is restoring his car which means its not no where near done and its not a daily driver. Its more of a weekend car that he has fun with and take to the meets. While NissanTun3rs car is a stock Nissan with painted wheels that is daily driven.

While his Nissan might be more comfortable to drive in, I'd be willing to bet QD's Honda is more fun to drive.

Got Milk?
05-10-2009, 10:36 PM
To be honest....nissan tuners car looks good.

qds car looks good to. just needs better pics. I voted for nissan, just because i like newer cars. I was born in 89, so nothing has me attached to older cars.

Got Milk?
05-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Because for one, QD is restoring his car which means its not no where near done and its not a daily driver. Its more of a weekend car that he has fun with and take to the meets. While NissanTun3rs car is a stock Nissan with painted wheels that is daily driven.

While his Nissan might be more comfortable to drive in, I'd be willing to bet QD's Honda is more fun to drive.

SO THE QUESTION STILL STANDS, WHICH CAR WOULD U REATHER HAVE? NO NEED FOR ALL WHY YOU THInk...

gtrmonkey
05-10-2009, 10:37 PM
lets see. You sit there for 6 hours just click on random topics. I sit here for lil while and make a topic. And im the one with too much time?
How do you know how much time I spend on here?

You a stalker :ninja:

Motivation
05-10-2009, 10:39 PM
qd's car.

The max looks clean. I will give him that.

But I know that Mike has a lot of time and money into the CVCC. it is not my style, but I respect the restoration of it. It is something ya don't see everyday. I tend to see black on black maximas quite a bit though.

Got Milk?

:ninja:

trundog
SO THE QUESTION STILL STANDS, WHICH CAR WOULD U REATHER HAVE? NO NEED FOR ALL WHY YOU THInk...

Do you seriously think "rather" has two Es in it?

x Resilience
05-10-2009, 10:41 PM

STFU, take that shit somewhere else and get back on the topic.

You too, douche waffle. You're not funny.

Neither, because there not my style.

quickdodge®
05-10-2009, 10:43 PM
I agree that this is a meaningless poll. If my car were done, it'd be different. But it's hard to ask folks to choose between riding in a primered old car with no amenities or riding in a newer car with A/C. My whole point of the conversation with dickweed was that my car has received many more props than his ever will. Just because someone likes my car or appreciates it doesn't mean they would want it. I never once alluded to a "my car is better than yours" contest. Later, QD.

gtrmonkey
STFU, take that shit somewhere else and get back on the topic.

You too, douche waffle. You're not funny.

Neither, because there not my style.

So how much time do you spend on here?

Got Milk?

lol at REATHER

lololol

its like what u doing, im reathering this book. :cry:

Got Milk?
05-10-2009, 10:44 PM
I agree that this is a meaningless poll. If my car were done, it'd be different. But it's hard to ask folks to choose between riding in a primered old car with no amenities or riding in a newer car with A/C. My whole point of the conversation with dickweed was that my car has received many more props than his ever will. Just because someone likes my car or appreciates it doesn't mean they would want it. I never once alluded to a "my car is better than yours" contest. Later, QD.

all lies.

81911SC
05-10-2009, 10:45 PM
And why is there 2 threads?

x Resilience
05-10-2009, 10:46 PM
So how much time do you spend on here?

An hour a day, all together. But this thread isn't about that, now is it? Get back on topic.

Got Milk?
05-10-2009, 10:48 PM
And why is there 2 threads?

i didnt mean to post it in car pics.

Can a mod go to car pics and erase the double topic pot. ty.

81911SC
05-10-2009, 10:49 PM
On it.

aneel
05-10-2009, 11:05 PM
qd's car.

The max looks clean. I will give him that.

But I know that Mike has a lot of time and money into the CVCC. it is not my style, but I respect the restoration of it. It is something ya don't see everyday. I tend to see black on black maximas quite a bit though.

x2.. but i pick the max

aneeL

BKgen®
05-10-2009, 11:12 PM
x2.. but i pick the max

aneeL

So i was driving down 85-south last week and this random blue suboobaru passes me and I notice the tag says "aneel". :ninja:

IndianStig
05-10-2009, 11:13 PM
qds car looks good to. just needs better pics. I voted for nissan, just because i like newer cars. I was born in 89, so nothing has me attached to older cars.

same reasoning here. i do like QDs car, but if i were to chose one as mine, itd be the maxipad

black_e92
05-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Other: My Evo.

Thanks goodbye.

trundog
05-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Other: My Mom's Evo.

Thanks goodbye.

That's all.

black_e92
05-10-2009, 11:23 PM
That's all.

No my EVO. I PAY for my shit lowballer, don't hate.

aneel
So i was driving down 85-south last week and this random blue suboobaru passes me and I notice the tag says "aneel". :ninja:

ok? i know your not trying to clown me for an honest opinion..

aneeL

BKgen®
That's all.

http://premium1.uploadit.org/brandonp47//isee.jpg

BKgen®
05-10-2009, 11:24 PM
ok? i kno you not trying to clown me for an honest opinion..

aneeL

que?

Red_EJ1
05-10-2009, 11:35 PM
damn it after i spent my time posting in car pics and now it gone. fuck all of you, i hate my life. i cant even remember what i wrote

x Resilience
05-10-2009, 11:38 PM
No my EVO. I PAY for my shit lowballer, don't hate.

Did he ever say you didn't pay for "your shit"? Oh and way to insult him, you sure got him there "lowballer"

now be a nice little homosexual and go drive your Evo into a lake.

kthxbai.

black_e92
05-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Did he ever say you didn't pay for "your shit"? Oh and way to insult him, you sure got him there "lowballer"

now be a nice little homosexual and go drive your Evo into a lake.

kthxbai.

That comeback is old. Goodjob backing your boyfriend up.

Are you hating as well because I can afford two of them?

Are you getting butt hurt because I'm joking?:gay: :gay: :gay:

black_e92
05-10-2009, 11:52 PM
iwejfoie4w9r04329ri9394rpoewjrk;ejalwfnalkd;sfjksd l;ajfklsdanmvan;flkdja;f

Edited for a reason.:D

87 Turbo II
05-11-2009, 01:13 AM
I say QDs car because my Mazda has taught me how much more fun it can be to drive an old schooler, a new Maxima just gets lost in the crowd as any other car.

Black4DrEK
05-11-2009, 01:20 AM
CVCC

RL...
05-11-2009, 01:39 AM

Mine is probably more comfy. And since mine is faster, brakes better, and handles better, why would his car be more fun?

Of course you opinion is yours and is valid, so its all good. To each his own ya know. :cheers:

81911SC
05-11-2009, 01:44 AM
Mine is probably more comfy. And since mine is faster, brakes better, and handles better, why would his car be more fun?

Of course you opinion is yours and is valid, so its all good. To each his own ya know. :cheers:That doesn't always mean it's more fun to drive. Just saying.

RL...
05-11-2009, 01:48 AM
That doesn't always mean it's more fun to drive. Just saying.

it is when both cars you're comparing are BOTH FWD. I would agree that a miata would be more fun to drive than my car even thought they're slower(stock) thna mine. RWD is more fun than fwd any day. But since both cars are fwd I think thats pretty much all that dictates the "fun factor." Hp, handling, braking...

87 Turbo II
05-11-2009, 02:01 AM
it is when both cars you're comparing are BOTH FWD. I would agree that a miata would be more fun to drive than my car even thought they're slower(stock) thna mine. RWD is more fun than fwd any day. But since both cars are fwd I think thats pretty much all that dictates the "fun factor." Hp, handling, braking...
Yeah, but your car might be stiffer in corners, have more sound deadening, have less feedback in your power steering collumn, have mushier feeling brakes. Driving an older car is a lot better than one would think, my 7 has tought me a lot of the beauty of old school. I bet his CVCC with much less refinement and less safety feels faster even if it is slower, and it probably has a LOT more CHARACTER which is very hard to explain, but it can be felt. Go drive an older car and you will see why we get mad props at meets and such, even though we're driving old cheap rust buckets in worse condition, it is soemthing that has to be experienced to be understood. It's weird, but definitely true. The saying "they don't build 'em like they used to" really does have some truth to it.

I'm not taking sides or anyhting, but you really should drive an old car, speed and performance, and comfort are surprisingly not everyhting.

RL...
05-11-2009, 02:13 AM
I like many different kinds of cars. Old, new, DSM, JDM, KDM, EDM, etc.....

I once was able to drive a 68 pontiac gto judge. Trust me, I know old cars can be fun. But then again anything with 400 hp is fun :cheers:

trundog
05-11-2009, 02:25 AM
I like many different kinds of cars. Old, new, DSM, JDM, KDM, EDM, etc.....

I once was able to drive a 68 pontiac gto judge. Trust me, I know old cars can be fun. But then again anything with 400 hp is fun :cheers:

I've driven old/older muscle cars and I agree, but seriously, go drive an old japanese car. It's an experience, definitely worth the time. I'd rather have an older japanese car and newer domestic, than vice versa.

/not being an asshole to nissantun3r

NVEOUS
05-11-2009, 07:51 AM
id say the nissan its just a better car for something that i like. nothing against QD's other than its an older car and not really my style

what he said. Its just too mini cooper looking to me. Not really my type of car.

MINI
05-11-2009, 07:53 AM
what he said. Its just too mini cooper looking to me. Not really my type of car.

WTF MAN!!! BULLSHIT. FUCK OUR FRIENDSHIP. FUCK IT FUCK IT FUCK IT.

NVEOUS
05-11-2009, 08:07 AM
WTF MAN!!! BULLSHIT. FUCK OUR FRIENDSHIP. FUCK IT FUCK IT FUCK IT.
To his and her own man. Its just not for me. I don't have a problem with it at all. Like I said. Its just not something that I would prefer. And you'll be back!

MINI
05-11-2009, 08:08 AM
To his and her own man. Its just not for me. I don't have a problem with it at all. Like I said. Its just not something that I would prefer. And you'll be back!

Youre right. Here I am.

Nemesis
05-11-2009, 08:20 AM
This cant be real lol

MINI
05-11-2009, 08:22 AM
This cant be real lol

This is as serious as me breaking a neon tube.

AnthonyF
05-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Me, I've always been a fan of that generation of Maxima's. I'd rather have the 3.5L but which ever is it equipped with is fine by me. Both have a GREAT amount of power for what it is.

-Ant.

Master Shake
05-11-2009, 10:03 AM
CVCC cause its a classic. i like the older cars cause they are not your typical daily's that you see on the street. maxima's, i see them all the time, i never see a CVCC.

SiRed94
05-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Can I get some more specs. Like "5spd or auto", what options they have etc. Kthx.

teh bri
05-11-2009, 10:13 AM
i voted that i didn't care :)

RL...
05-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Me, I've always been a fan of that generation of Maxima's. I'd rather have the 3.5L but which ever is it equipped with is fine by me. Both have a GREAT amount of power for what it is.

-Ant.

I will have the 3.5 soonL...very soon....:ninja:

hondachik
05-11-2009, 10:58 AM
This is sooo hard. I like the look of the Mexima better, but gawd, its a Honder!!

Honda or teh Maxima. IDK!! :cry:

Okay, I pick Maxima.

skillzilla
05-11-2009, 12:41 PM
They are both pretty evenly fail.

Me86Rob
05-11-2009, 12:52 PM
That doesn't always mean it's more fun to drive. Just saying.

x2. to me, alot of the joy out of driving a car is the cars personality. old cars have them. new cars dont. plus, old cars dont have luxuries like, power steering, traction control, stability control and things like that. so there are less computers and other electronics driving the car for you. where is the fun in a computer doing all the work?

Me86Rob
05-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Yeah, but your car might be stiffer in corners, have more sound deadening, have less feedback in your power steering collumn, have mushier feeling brakes. Driving an older car is a lot better than one would think, my 7 has tought me a lot of the beauty of old school. I bet his CVCC with much less refinement and less safety feels faster even if it is slower, and it probably has a LOT more CHARACTER which is very hard to explain, but it can be felt. Go drive an older car and you will see why we get mad props at meets and such, even though we're driving old cheap rust buckets in worse condition, it is soemthing that has to be experienced to be understood. It's weird, but definitely true. The saying "they don't build 'em like they used to" really does have some truth to it.

I'm not taking sides or anyhting, but you really should drive an old car, speed and performance, and comfort are surprisingly not everyhting.

i guess i could have just quoted you instead of typing my previous post haha

Got Milk?
05-11-2009, 03:08 PM
QD is killing nissan and who cares.

RL...
05-11-2009, 04:01 PM
x2. to me, alot of the joy out of driving a car is the cars personality. old cars have them. new cars dont. plus, old cars dont have luxuries like, power steering, traction control, stability control and things like that. so there are less computers and other electronics driving the car for you. where is the fun in a computer doing all the work?

I would love for you to explain this "personality" trait to me. Why don't new cars have them? For a car to have personality it has to have no luxuries such as ac, power steering, etc....If that is your definition of "personality" then so be it. But that is ridiculous.

What makes a specific car's personality to me is how it handles, the power it has, brakes, etc....in addition to luxuries.....all which culminate in a particular driving experience that may or may not be as enjoyable as the next car.

Like a bmw m3 has a lot MORE personality than a honda prelude to me. I think the engineering of an m3 is way better than a prelude, which shows in the m3's personality...The m3 is faster, brakes better, more comfy, and plus it has this certain feel of a refined automobile when you drive it, as opposed to driving a preulde.

But it is obviuous IA prefers a 30 year old, broke down, ugly, slow, rusted car, over a newer/nicer car with more hp, new interior, etc...it obvously has more "personality" than mine, obviously...:cheers:

skillzilla
05-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Its true, new cars have personality, each one identical to the other :) If you want a unique personality in a new car its going to cost more than your Maxima.

G.C
05-11-2009, 05:48 PM
lol. If i had to choose, i'll choose the maxima. And lol at the personality talk.

quickdodge®
05-11-2009, 06:27 PM
They are both pretty evenly fail.
Because your car is "da bomb." Yeah.

But it is obviuous IA prefers a 30 year old, broke down, ugly, slow, rusted car, over a newer/nicer car with more hp, new interior, etc..

Sounds like someone's feelings are hurt.

I disagreed with this thread from the beginning. I didn't vote. I would never put up the claim that more people would want my car over someone else car. My claim was that my car had a lot more interest than yours. You can like a car and not want it. I like your Maxima. It's nice and clean. I would never own one. Overall, it's an ugly car. But you've taken that car, put some tasteful "mods" on it and made it decently looking.

You prove, on a daily basis, that you're incapable of educated brain function. Your car is brand new. It has the lush amenities. It would stand to reason that it is more comfortable. My car is 30 years old and has sat for the last half of it's life. It's called "restoration." GOOGLE the term if you need to. You're doing all the wrong comparisons and you don't even know it. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
05-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Its true, new cars have personality, each one identical to the other

100% truth. Later, QD.

skillzilla
05-11-2009, 06:42 PM
I guess just strictly based on looks alone I would choose your ^ car, never liked the maximas or altimas except the maybe the latest one. At least the civic is classic.

87 Turbo II
05-11-2009, 09:00 PM
I would love for you to explain this "personality" trait to me. Why don't new cars have them? For a car to have personality it has to have no luxuries such as ac, power steering, etc....If that is your definition of "personality" then so be it. But that is ridiculous.

What makes a specific car's personality to me is how it handles, the power it has, brakes, etc....in addition to luxuries.....all which culminate in a particular driving experience that may or may not be as enjoyable as the next car.

Like a bmw m3 has a lot MORE personality than a honda prelude to me. I think the engineering of an m3 is way better than a prelude, which shows in the m3's personality...The m3 is faster, brakes better, more comfy, and plus it has this certain feel of a refined automobile when you drive it, as opposed to driving a preulde.

But it is obviuous IA prefers a 30 year old, broke down, ugly, slow, rusted car, over a newer/nicer car with more hp, new interior, etc...it obvously has more "personality" than mine, obviously...:cheers:

you missed the point a little. It isn't lack of luxury that gives personality, it's the feeling that it was built by someone, for soemone. Like you said an M3 has more personality than aPrelude. Definitely true. The M3 was built by a bunch of German engineers to give you one of the finest driving experiences they could. The Prelude(and your Maxima) have that "built by robots, for demographic and target market sub group A". They don't feel like your car it feels very generic and you see a million of the exact same thing while on your way to work. Let's take a performance example. A Mini Cooper S vs. a Mustang GT. Yes the Mustang is faster, and RWD so it's handling, although not wonderful, displays more favorable characteristicsbut the Mini is way more fun to drive because it feels zippy, light on its feet, etc.

The other thing is that some features one calls luxury, inhibit from full bonding with the machine. As nice as power steering, traction control, stability control, and electronic braking distribution sound they're all just on the losing side of Manual Vs. Automatic transmissions (an easy one for an enthusiast to relate to). Drive a car without any of those "luxuries" and you'll see that driving in general is more fun than you thought it was, even just a cruise down to a grocery store at the speed limit is made more fun by feeling the direction the wheels are pointing through the steering column, rowing through the gears, and watching everyone stare wondering "what is that" or "I miss that car, my dad had one when I was growing up".

RL...
05-12-2009, 02:04 AM
you missed the point a little. It isn't lack of luxury that gives personality, it's the feeling that it was built by someone, for soemone. Like you said an M3 has more personality than aPrelude. Definitely true. The M3 was built by a bunch of German engineers to give you one of the finest driving experiences they could. The Prelude(and your Maxima) have that "built by robots, for demographic and target market sub group A". They don't feel like your car it feels very generic and you see a million of the exact same thing while on your way to work. Let's take a performance example. A Mini Cooper S vs. a Mustang GT. Yes the Mustang is faster, and RWD so it's handling, although not wonderful, displays more favorable characteristicsbut the Mini is way more fun to drive because it feels zippy, light on its feet, etc.

The other thing is that some features one calls luxury, inhibit from full bonding with the machine. As nice as power steering, traction control, stability control, and electronic braking distribution sound they're all just on the losing side of Manual Vs. Automatic transmissions (an easy one for an enthusiast to relate to). Drive a car without any of those "luxuries" and you'll see that driving in general is more fun than you thought it was, even just a cruise down to a grocery store at the speed limit is made more fun by feeling the direction the wheels are pointing through the steering column, rowing through the gears, and watching everyone stare wondering "what is that" or "I miss that car, my dad had one when I was growing up".

I understand where you're coming from. I think we just have 2 different ways of looking at things. Since I am 21 I am used to cars with these said luxuries, so when I drive a car without them I feel it is not of my liking. I've driven cars without power steering, I personally do not like it, and I don't really care about other ppls' feelings of nostalgia when they see my car. But to each his own. :cheers:

You're right that the maxima, much like many other cars are built for general consumers and such. But I feel that is why we mod cars, to make them stand out, and to give them more....personality if you will? To make them look better/different/faster/slower/nicer/riced etc...and that's why I think cars that we have modded have a particular character unlike any other on the road...although at the end of the day my car is still slow and handles like trash

C-loS109
05-12-2009, 10:00 AM

Of course you opinion is yours and is valid, so its all good. To each his own ya know. :cheers:

so i love to drive gokarts. they are smaller, less comfy, alot slower, brakes suck and the handling...well its better. but i have shit tons of fun with it. so ur argument doesnt stand

back on topic... i like QD's and what hes done to it. it has come along way and i have to admire the work he has put into it. on the other hand the maxi pretty much came like that other then what he said he got which is fine. but he didnt have to fix rust spots, fix dents, get OEM parts to replace the 20yrs+ original worn out ones.

so QD's car is better because it has been restored and was fix to look good. the maxi came out looking good off the dealers lot.

with that said there cant be no comparison here.

C-loS109
05-12-2009, 10:03 AM
not being an asshole to anybody... if i had to choose either one ill get the nissan... im young and like newer cars.

David88vert
05-12-2009, 12:56 PM
QD's Honda is cooler ... end of discussion. This thread can now be closed.

The Creeper
05-12-2009, 03:02 PM
QD's car has character. The maxima has zero character to it. If I had to choose one or the other, it would be the old school car, rather the plain jane, 16 year old girl driving, weak maxima.

Elbow
05-12-2009, 03:18 PM

They could be staring at you for all the wrong reasons though.

Me86Rob
05-12-2009, 10:00 PM
They could be staring at you for all the wrong reasons though.
like when ppl see you in your Miata? :ninja: