PDA

View Full Version : Tunerz?

AnthonyF
05-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Who tunes motorcycles in GA? I am thinking of getting a full exhaust with a PCIII tuner.

-Ant.

Puddin4489
05-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Hey...I can get you the hookup possibly. Hmm trade maybe??

slow_hatch
05-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Huey at Marietta Motorsports :goodjob: Have heard and seen only good things from him.

I had a bad experience with Huff at HFD1 motorsports, so I wouldn't advise you take it to him.

Mista Foe-Doe
05-10-2009, 05:02 PM
we do at triad motor sports we are located in kennesaw cobb prkwy

AnthonyF
05-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Hey...I can get you the hookup possibly. Hmm trade maybe??Possibly. Name of shop 1st.

Huey at Marietta Motorsports :goodjob: Have heard and seen only good things from him.

I had a bad experience with Huff at HFD1 motorsports, so I wouldn't advise you take it to him.Ok, thank you for the reference and warnings. :goodjob: Would you happen to have a # for Huey?

we do at triad motor sports we are located in kennesaw cobb prkwyThat name scares me. How much do you charge?

-Ant.

The BUCKY
05-10-2009, 06:29 PM
you can dl maps off the power commander site for most full exhausts to save you some money

David88vert
05-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Huey at Marietta Motorsports is very good. So is Rob at MSP. Charlie at HFD1 is a very good tuner also.

David88vert
05-10-2009, 06:31 PM
you can dl maps off the power commander site for most full exhausts to save you some money

Most of those maps are not very accurate. I've tuned quite a few bikes, and have found not to trust those downloaded maps.

AnthonyF
05-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Thanks bucky and David. If i ordered the exhaust and PCIII off the same site, maybe they would have a map already made. At least something to not hurt the engine in any way. Tuning is a must, i know alllllllll about bad tunes. lol

-Ant.

Tech5
05-10-2009, 10:26 PM
huey x2

BLK JDM
05-10-2009, 11:26 PM
I had my bike tuned twice by Huey @ Marietta Motorsports and he's TOP NOTCH!! Very informative, very down to earth, and he allows you to be right there when he's tuning!! Best part about it is he keeps you informed of how your bike is running while tuning. I wouldn't take my bike to anyone else. I just ordered the new PC-V for my 08 GSXR 1000 and plan on having him tune it in early June once all my performance parts are on.

Marietta Motorsports all the way!!

Did you get a slip on or full system. You can download a OK basemap for a short period of time until you get tuned. I normally get tuned within 2 weeks of installing the PC3. I even retuned when I swapped full system exhausts and saw a couple hp difference. Everybody told me it wouldn't be worth it to retune when just switching exhaust brands but some minor changes were needed. I doubt I would have hurt the motor but I still want it as close to perfect.

slow_hatch
05-10-2009, 11:34 PM
I had my bike tuned twice by Huey @ Marietta Motorsports and he's TOP NOTCH!! Very informative, very down to earth, and he allows you to be right there when he's tuning!! Best part about it is he keeps you informed of how your bike is running while tuning. I wouldn't take my bike to anyone else. I just ordered the new PC-V for my 08 GSXR 1000 and plan on having him tune it in early June once all my performance parts are on.

Marietta Motorsports all the way!!

Exactly, don't expect that any other place you go. Plan on dropping it off and having to always have to call them to see whats going on.

AnthonyF
05-11-2009, 05:58 AM
Did you get a slip on or full system. You can download a OK basemap for a short period of time until you get tuned. I normally get tuned within 2 weeks of installing the PC3. I even retuned when I swapped full system exhausts and saw a couple hp difference. Everybody told me it wouldn't be worth it to retune when just switching exhaust brands but some minor changes were needed. I doubt I would have hurt the motor but I still want it as close to perfect.Thanks for the info man. Looks like I know where I am going to. Anyone have a number for him? If not, I will google that shop and see if I can get one that way.

I'm not going to do the whole 1k+ dollar setups, but I'm going to do the MJS header, y-pipe already welded on and I dunno what muffler yet. Trying to find one i can like. I'm not looking for an amazing amount of HP gains. Mainly look for a teeny it of weight loss and the noise factor. Factory R6 exhaust sucks.

-Ant.

AnthonyF
05-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Were you guys running the DynoJet or Bazzaz?

-Ant.

BLK JDM
05-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the info man. Looks like I know where I am going to. Anyone have a number for him? If not, I will google that shop and see if I can get one that way.

I'm not going to do the whole 1k+ dollar setups, but I'm going to do the MJS header, y-pipe already welded on and I dunno what muffler yet. Trying to find one i can like. I'm not looking for an amazing amount of HP gains. Mainly look for a teeny it of weight loss and the noise factor. Factory R6 exhaust sucks.

-Ant.

Marietta Motorsports aka MarMo 770-419-2525. I meant to put their number in my reply thread. They are open Tuesday-Saturday.

I recommend Motomummy.com when it comes to buying parts. That and indysuperbike.com. I bought my Termignoni full stainless system and many other accesories for my old R1 from Motomummy.com. I just purchased my full Yoshimura exhaust for my new GSXR 1000 from indysuperbike. They both have super fast shipping and great customer service.

Hopefully I can order my PC-V, BMC Race filter, Bazzaz Z-Bomb TRE, & Velocity Stacks from Motomummy on Wednesday when I get paid. I'll be at Huey real soon for my tune.

BLK JDM
05-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Were you guys running the DynoJet or Bazzaz?

-Ant.
Most people run the Dynojet on street bikes. The Bazzaz is fairly new and is technically better but about $100 or so more than the PC3. The Dynojet is all you need on a street bike. They will probably charge you a little more to tune the Bazzaz also. Marietta Motorsports Dyno is a Dynojet Dyno so it actually links to your PC3 called a Tuning Link. It helps the tuner fine tune your map better. The tuner sets the desired air/fuel and the actual computer and dyno link to your PC3 & tunes it to that air/fuel then after the full Tuning Link tune Huey will go back through and fine tune it even more for maximum performance. It's sick!

The Bazzaz is great for a full on track bike but you'll be fine w/ the PC3$ Check out R6-forum.com. I bet you can get a used PC3 for cheap. Make sure you get the correct PC3 for your year R6.

AnthonyF
05-11-2009, 01:34 PM
I can agree to the super fast shipping of MM.com I ordered sliders wednesday and came on friday. DAYUM.

You trying to rub in how decked out your bike is gonna be? lol.

Thanks again!

-Ant.

edit: thanks BLK JDM. I really appreciate it! check reps. +30 :goodjob:

BLK JDM
05-11-2009, 02:11 PM
I can agree to the super fast shipping of MM.com I ordered sliders wednesday and came on friday. DAYUM.

You trying to rub in how decked out your bike is gonna be? lol.

Thanks again!

-Ant.

edit: thanks BLK JDM. I really appreciate it! check reps. +30 :goodjob:

Thanks for the reps. Believe me when I say that my bike is nowhere close to decked out compared to my friends and others I ride with.

When coming from the import car scene the bolt ons for bikes and tuning is so cheap you just can't beat it. If you get into riding a lot you'll be worse than me!! I see how much time/money you've put into your previous cars so it won't be long.

I'll post pics of my current project once I'm close to being finished. Hopefully I can ride it to the meet on Sunday.

AnthonyF
05-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the reps. Believe me when I say that my bike is nowhere close to decked out compared to my friends and others I ride with.No doubt. Always some1 out there with more,

When coming from the import car scene the bolt ons for bikes and tuning is so cheap you just can't beat it. If you get into riding a lot you'll be worse than me!! I see how much time/money you've put into your previous cars so it won't be long.QFTMFT!:lmfao::lmfao: lol...it's sad though. :no: Do they have some sort of meeting for people like me? Like the AA meetings. HA.

I'll post pics of my current project once I'm close to being finished. Hopefully I can ride it to the meet on Sunday.

Sweet sweet, i was thinking of canceling it but I guess i'll keep it on. Didn't think there was much interest.

-Ant.