PDA

View Full Version : I'm in Idaho, No, U da Ho, and there's 160 Harleys tailgaiting me.

RutRoe
05-10-2009, 12:43 AM
So seriously... I'm in Idaho. I'm the official Emcee for the Kyle Petty Charity Ride Across America. For those who don't know, it's basically a 70 mph parade across America and it's an amazing sight to see. We have 190 total people on 160 bikes and about 10 support cars.

I'm in the Pace car which is of course up front and sets the pace along with our motor marshalls. The Charity Ride raises money for an incredible camp in NC called Victory Junction Gan Camp, started in honor of Adam Petty.

We spent the morning going from Washington state to here in Sun Valley Idaho and I can tell you honestly it's some of the prettiest scenery I've ever seen. If you like the "tail of the dragon" and roads like that, imagine you take them, stretch them out, bump the speed up to 65, then place a roaring Salmon River with its rapids, or a frozen lake, or tons of snow capped mountains.

Seriously just some of the prettiest stuff I've ever seen. I can't wait to come back and bring my wife and daughter one day.

IF you want to follow us and check out some of the fun videos we make every day, check out www.KylePettyCharityRide.com

Thanks for the support, and IA is being repped in ID and all over this great nation of ours.

Peace,
Rut

IndianStig
05-10-2009, 12:45 AM
What car are you driving?

RutRoe
05-10-2009, 12:51 AM
It's a new Mustang Gt convertible 5 speed. Pretty fun. Last year we had a new SRT8 Challenger before they were released, but this year, all the cars are on loan from Chick Fil-A, as they are the main presenting sponsors and a huge part of this craziness.

IndianStig
05-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Thats pretty cool man. Chic-Fil-A has a thing for mustangs haha.

RutRoe
05-10-2009, 12:57 AM
HA. They do...there's 3 of them here with us. I started the day in a v6 auto convertible, and it just sucked..we're on these huge twisties and you can't break check these bikes, and that poor V6 was not happy with me having to drop the tranny down to third.

We decided to drop the top on the last leg tonight arriving and we all had beanies on and gloves with the heat turned up and it really wasn't bad. The air is crazy how different it is up in this high altitude. Never experienced it that much before.

Well, gotta get some sleep. Up at 5, and we roll out shortly after 7. PEACE !

Julio
05-10-2009, 07:44 AM
Thats bad ass..

Keep Having fun Rut !

quickdodgeŽ
05-10-2009, 08:06 AM
Thats bad ass..

Keep Having fun Rut !

He's having too much fun for being at work. Later, QD.

Echonova
05-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Rut... I need another Rutspeed sticker for my (new to me) old car. Kthxksbye.

Tech5
05-10-2009, 01:14 PM
wow souds like fun!

GirlieZ
05-10-2009, 10:40 PM
OMG OMG OMG! I live in Boise! Did you all drive through Boise? Did you take 84? If not what road? Im seriously in love with this place out here...let me see if i can find some pics of the view from my house. I have one of the best mtn drives ever (18 miles climbing 5000 feet to Bogus Basin) and 15 minutes to the drag strip ;)

quickdodgeŽ
05-10-2009, 10:46 PM
OMG OMG OMG! I live in Boise! Did you all drive through Boise? Did you take 84? If not what road? Im seriously in love with this place out here...let me see if i can find some pics of the view from my house. I have one of the best mtn drives ever (18 miles climbing 5000 feet to Bogus Basin) and 15 minutes to the drag strip ;)

This isn't about you. No one cares. Later, QD.

IndianStig
05-10-2009, 10:47 PM

well, well, well, look who decided to join us! 18 miles of mtn? lucky you imma drive up there one day

GirlieZ
05-10-2009, 10:48 PM
well, well, well, look who decided to join us! 18 miles of mtn? lucky you imma drive up there one day
what can i say, Udaho is the shit. Plus racing up Bogus Basin on Evil Eagle's tail is FTW! Great People, Grear Cars, Great Scenery!

BanginJimmy
05-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Girlie, beautiful view.

I've driven in that area a few times and I agree. The scenery is awesome. I had problems at a few points of spending more time watching the scenery than watching the roads.

collins
05-11-2009, 10:31 AM
OMG OMG OMG! I live in Boise! Did you all drive through Boise? Did you take 84? If not what road? Im seriously in love with this place out here...let me see if i can find some pics of the view from my house. I have one of the best mtn drives ever (18 miles climbing 5000 feet to Bogus Basin) and 15 minutes to the drag strip ;) dayum, no wonder you wanted me to come visit! thats gorgeous!

RutRoe
05-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Yeah it's incredible up here. One gorgeous view after another. I can't believe the terrain differences I've seen since going Oregon to Washington to Idaho to Utah to Colorado.

One of the wildest things was called "the craters of the moon" where all of the sudden for miles on either sides, it looks like moon rocks everywhere. Park City was cool, but people were a little snooty for me.

So far, everyone here in Steamboat Springs,CO was awesome. WE have local teams called "Dream Teams" that raise money for camp in the different towns we stop in, and one of them today was a car club with a bunch of Hondas, drifters, and bikers. REally cool people...had fun with them and even got to check out one of their guy's CRX. Neat stuff.

Sad I have to leave tomorrow afternoon and fly home, but I do need to actually work to survive, so I'm headed to Charlotte on wednesday for the All Star Race and it's going to be awesome.

GirlieZ
05-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Yeah it's incredible up here. One gorgeous view after another. I can't believe the terrain differences I've seen since going Oregon to Washington to Idaho to Utah to Colorado.

One of the wildest things was called "the craters of the moon" where all of the sudden for miles on either sides, it looks like moon rocks everywhere. Park City was cool, but people were a little snooty for me.

So far, everyone here in Steamboat Springs,CO was awesome. WE have local teams called "Dream Teams" that raise money for camp in the different towns we stop in, and one of them today was a car club with a bunch of Hondas, drifters, and bikers. REally cool people...had fun with them and even got to check out one of their guy's CRX. Neat stuff.

Sad I have to leave tomorrow afternoon and fly home, but I do need to actually work to survive, so I'm headed to Charlotte on wednesday for the All Star Race and it's going to be awesome.
at least you got to see an amazing part of the country, its all lame east of wyoming!