PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Tint Crackdown

TSiFTW
05-08-2009, 03:25 PM
At least on the west side of town here the GSP has been on a rampage as of late cracking down on window tint. I personally have 4 friends that have been pulled over given tickets, then they have to remove the tint, go to Conyers to have it inspected, and pay the fine. If they don't do it in 30 days they will revoke the registration on the vehicle. So all you guys with illegal tint, be careful.

oneSLOWex
05-08-2009, 03:29 PM
that sucks man! when you get tickets like that here they just make you bring in a pic as proof :D

WhiteAccord
05-08-2009, 03:35 PM
LOL, cop can can pull me over for my "Illegal tint" and all I have to do is shove a piece of paper in his face and he has to let me go.

Done it twice already.

TSiFTW
05-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Thats what happens here too if you get one from the County or city. These are from the State Patrol though and every one of them have to take it to be inspected.

singhondeck
05-08-2009, 04:49 PM
ohh thanks for lettin us know..i got 20% shits hot i don wanna loose it..im rollin widows down durin the evening

eraser4g63
05-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Thats what happens here too if you get one from the County or city. These are from the State Patrol though and every one of them have to take it to be inspected.

GSP does not and I stress DOES NOT have to follow the same rules as cops from city or county. I do not remember the provisions in the law but if i need to ill hunt it down. They can make you do what ever they want, hide where ever they want and use what ever tactics they want. Search and seizure and the general constitution rules do apply.

green91
05-08-2009, 09:18 PM
i got a ticket from gsp as well, but no inspection was required.

RL...
05-09-2009, 01:50 AM
I just got my front windshield tinted, and I'm seriously considering putting 5% back on my sides. Riding around with this 32% bs is fucking lame.

MR2DR
05-09-2009, 01:52 AM
LOL, cop can can pull me over for my "Illegal tint" and all I have to do is shove a piece of paper in his face and he has to let me go.

Done it twice already.

PM me how henry =]

BlackDubs
05-09-2009, 08:38 AM
My friend just got pulled over and ticketed last week for 20%. I personally choose to stay legal to avoid all the hassles and fines. Going way over illegal limit and saying fuk it, is just stupid.

black_e92
05-09-2009, 09:27 AM
On my EVO I have a 5% percent sun strip on the front windshield... 32% up front and 20% all in the back. I know plenty of people that ride in G-nett with 20% all around that don't get messed with.

speedminded
05-09-2009, 10:07 AM
PM me how henry =]lol, it's called a letter from an Optometrist stating someone within the family of the registered owner has highly sensitive eyes.

B18c1Turboed
05-09-2009, 10:15 AM
On my EVO I have a 5% percent sun strip on the front windshield... 32% up front and 20% all in the back. I know plenty of people that ride in G-nett with 20% all around that don't get messed with.

Shit i got 5% all the way around. Cops get behind me daily, havent been stopped yet!!! Was on 85 south about 3 months ago right before AL, and state tropper got me tough. Ticket was 120, i paid and left the tint on the truck.

HypnoToad
05-09-2009, 12:55 PM
i got pulled over up in blueridge he said 32% was legal and mine was 22%....even though mine is in the glass from the factory

redrumracer
05-09-2009, 12:59 PM
DSM's must be cars of the Lord. Cause the first time you pull full boost at WOT the first word you say is HOLY.
followed closely by "shit, what just broke on my car again"

ok completely useless post is done now.

Captain-Obvious™
05-09-2009, 01:53 PM
I used to run five all around...never pulled over...

singhondeck
05-09-2009, 06:40 PM
lol, it's called a letter from an Optometrist stating someone within the family of the registered owner has highly sensitive eyes.

I have a minor astigmatism in my eyesm :ninja:..you think that'll work..hahaha..i wanna keep my 20% tint

TSiFTW
05-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Just was trying to give some heads up to the people who live around Douglasville, Villa Rica, etc. that travels down I-20. Thats all.

TSiFTW
05-09-2009, 06:49 PM
followed closely by "shit, what just broke on my car again"

ok completely useless post is done now.

You must know a lot of ricers that don't take care of their DSM's. Don't have it tuned properly, rev at every h/e/i equipped Honda, "launch" from every red light and yeah it will break. Know what your doing and you have a good, very fun car.

Turbodude06
05-09-2009, 07:25 PM
^LOL:lmfao:

chunky
05-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Hmm, this makes me glad I opted for legal tint. My main reason for getting the tint is to stay cool, not really for privacy. From reading the specs on various types of tint, I saw that you can get a legal tint that rejects more heat than regular 20% tint. It cost me about $20 more for the Wincos 34% tint over the standard 3M 20% stuff, but it blocks more heat and is legal. Just had it put on today @ Solar Eclipse by the Mall of GA. Matt was the installer, really nice guy.

Anyhow, I almost went for the 20% until I realized I could stay legal and block more heat. Glad I paid the extra.

gawee77
05-09-2009, 09:51 PM
So, how much is typical fine? Thanks!

Mad Mike
05-09-2009, 10:23 PM
I got pulled over by GSP a few weeks ago in north Ga and he checked my tint and it was legal. He looked disappointed and told me to drive safe and drove off.

SPOOLIN
05-09-2009, 10:53 PM
lol they are really starting to use this to generate revenue lately, since its so easy to spot in the day, but seriously if you get pulled over at NIGHT for window tint, you were definitely doing something else wrong because there is no way to use tint as just cause to pull someone over after sunset for obvious reasons. I run 5 on the strip, 32 on top of the factory tint on the doors to make it about 30, and 20 and 15 on the quarters and rear...no problems so far, im on the edge of legality i guess you could say.

redrumracer
05-09-2009, 10:58 PM
You must know a lot of ricers that don't take care of their DSM's. Don't have it tuned properly, rev at every h/e/i equipped Honda, "launch" from every red light and yeah it will break. Know what your doing and you have a good, very fun car.
lol dont take up for the dsm's, my friend has been trying to get his just running right for the last 2-3 years. everytime it starts running something else breaks. EXACTLY the way i took a jab earlier, goes into full boost a wot and BAM limps back home. although there shouldnt be anything else on the motor that can go wrong by now.

TSiFTW
05-10-2009, 07:36 PM
lol dont take up for the dsm's, my friend has been trying to get his just running right for the last 2-3 years. everytime it starts running something else breaks. EXACTLY the way i took a jab earlier, goes into full boost a wot and BAM limps back home. although there shouldnt be anything else on the motor that can go wrong by now.

Dude LOL. I was trying to be a smart ass it just didn't work. Who doesn't rev at ricer Hondas in their DSM. It is fun putting along listening to them almost blow their motor trying to catch you.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:But ya gotta admit, when they ARE running right they are loads of fun!!!! Luckily "knock on wood" the only thing to happen to mine is the alternator.LOL

VooDooXII
05-10-2009, 09:39 PM
I have 20% all around...I guess the light tan interior makes the tint look lighter than it is because I've been driving around with it for about a year.