PDA

View Full Version : Any Dish Network techs on here?

chrisdavis
05-07-2009, 04:18 PM
At the end of Jan. I upgraded to a 722 HD receiver, and they came out to replace the dish so I could get HD programming. Things were fine till the storms that have passed through recently and it goes out whenever there is a moderate rainstorm. With my last dish my signal strength was in the 90s constantly (all transponders stayed above 90), Now my weakest transponder is 52 and the strongest is 73. Tech support says anything above 50 is good but if I want someone to come out its 30 bucks. I dont want to pay for the service call if it is something that is not on my end. Should I try to repoint the dish myself to get a stronger signal before I call a tech out or is there an additional cost if I tamper with it prior to the tech coming out?

Evil Goat
05-07-2009, 06:21 PM
pm'd

chrisdavis
05-07-2009, 08:34 PM
PM replied, thank you sir

Doppelgänger
05-08-2009, 06:39 AM
I work for dish... but not as a installer... software testor FTW.

You could possibly go up and knock the dish a bit to get 0 signal then tell them they have to come out and fix it. How long ago did you have the dish installed? Be insistant that the tech that installed it didn't secure it well enough. I wouldn't try to get more signal yourself though, they have a handly little device thatshows them the degree coordinates for pointing the dish.

chrisdavis
05-08-2009, 09:07 PM
I work for dish... but not as a installer... software testor FTW.

You could possibly go up and knock the dish a bit to get 0 signal then tell them they have to come out and fix it. How long ago did you have the dish installed? Be insistant that the tech that installed it didn't secure it well enough. I wouldn't try to get more signal yourself though, they have a handly little device thatshows them the degree coordinates for pointing the dish.

The HD dish was installed at the end of Jan. He didnt have the little device to point the dish he eyeballed it and it was fine till recently when all these storms rolled through. Now whenever there is moderate rainfall it goes out. The guy who pointed my last dish eyeballed it as well, but he got the signal way up into the 90s and the weather had to get extremely bad before the signal would be interrupted. After talking to Evil Goat Im going to call and get them to come out.

blaknoize
05-08-2009, 11:42 PM
I start this week :)

Evil Goat
05-08-2009, 11:57 PM
I start this week :)

nice....which office?

blaknoize
05-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Hillard, OH office.

Evil Goat
05-09-2009, 07:34 AM
ah, long ways from middle ga....good luck with it man!