PDA

View Full Version : FUCK GPC DUNWOODY BOOKSTORE!

blacknightteg
05-07-2009, 09:42 AM
ugh! im pissed. ok so i go to the bookstore this morning to sell my book back after i finished my final. i get the fucking counter and they scan it. bitch at the counter tells me that it has no value because i didnt not have this one other peice that apparently came with the book. i ask her what she is talking about, and explained to her that when i purchased the book back in january at the temporary book store it didnt come with anything and came exactly how i had it. she then apparnetly gets the woman that orders the books and what have you and she shows me the book that they "supposedly" sell. its the same fucking book with a lighter cover and a fucking add in or something. i tell the lady that i bought the book at the temporary book store back in january. she doesnt believe me so i stress it again stating that im not stupid and that if i didnt buy the book here and it was a different edition i wouldnt be raising this much of an arguement. she does nothing and i just say screw it and walk off

now im trying to find an email or something that i can call and complain cause thats bullshit. i know they have record of me buying it, bought it on my book allowance from my student loan. im pissed and want my fucking money back

on the bright side, i have all A's this semseter. :bump:

PROŽ
05-07-2009, 09:45 AM
ugh! im pissed. ok so i go to the bookstore this morning to sell my book back after i finished my final. i get the fucking counter and they scan it. bitch at the counter tells me that it has no value because i didnt not have this one other peice that apparently came with the book. i ask her what she is talking about, and explained to her that when i purchased the book back in january at the temporary book store it didnt come with anything and came exactly how i had it. she then apparnetly gets the woman that orders the books and what have you and she shows me the book that they "supposedly" sell. its the same fucking book with a lighter cover and a fucking add in or something. i tell the lady that i bought the book at the temporary book store back in january. she doesnt believe me so i stress it again stating that im not stupid and that if i didnt buy the book here and it was a different edition i wouldnt be raising this much of an arguement. she does nothing and i just say screw it and walk off

now im trying to find an email or something that i can call and complain cause thats bullshit. i know they have record of me buying it, bought it on my book allowance from my student loan. im pissed and want my fucking money back

on the bright side, i have all A's this semseter. :bump:

don't sell it back at the bookstore...they'll :idb: you, then profit off it lol.
sell it on amazon.com or put a listing up on craigslist.com

blacknightteg
05-07-2009, 09:54 AM
its not the amount of money that bothers me. i dont care about that. its the fact that they fucking are screwing me. its the principle of the fact that i know i am right and they are not.

Bruce Leroy
05-07-2009, 10:18 AM
fuck gpc! I hated that school when I went there.

BanginJimmy
05-07-2009, 11:40 AM
sounds alot like the problems I consistantly have at West Central. I know west central only pays back 30% of new book price, then sells it at 80%. Needless to say, I quit using the bookstore a long time ago and buy my books online or from students now.

I got a damn near brand new econ book from half.com for 18 shipped. They wanted 140+tax at the bookstore for the same book. The only thing with the book I have now is that there is highlighting in it that matches what I would have highlighted also.

guinness
05-14-2009, 11:36 PM
That school fucking sucked back in 96 & 97 when I was taking my senior classes there when it was called dekalb college.not a damn thing has changed in over 10 years apparently.I agree,fuck dekalb college/GPC.

92mr2T
05-15-2009, 06:37 AM
sounds alot like the problems I consistantly have at West Central. I know west central only pays back 30% of new book price, then sells it at 80%. Needless to say, I quit using the bookstore a long time ago and buy my books online or from students now.

I got a damn near brand new econ book from half.com for 18 shipped. They wanted 140+tax at the bookstore for the same book. The only thing with the book I have now is that there is highlighting in it that matches what I would have highlighted also.

+1 about WCTC! I was getting effed by te book store also before i started getting the books online. Who is your eco teacher? I had Mr. Cali.

To the OP, getting straight A's is whats up!

RL...
05-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Sam thing happened to me, although I've been going to school here for a little while so I'm used to the bs...

We all know you get fucked with books. Just have to accept it...I wish I got all A's...