PDA

View Full Version : 5 years...

The Ren
05-07-2009, 07:30 AM
Even though Ive made this post in years previous.. this is a big one for me. It's been 5 years since my accident that has now included me in the survivors club here on IA. Its very surreal.. and I owe Kennesaw EMT's my life for resesitating me in the ambulence. So happy 2nd birthday to me!

EJ25RUN
05-07-2009, 07:32 AM
:cheers:

browningboy7
05-07-2009, 07:34 AM
How does it feel to get that second chance?:bump:

The Ren
05-07-2009, 08:04 AM
How does it feel to get that second chance?:bump:

Pretty damn lucky

ALVIN
05-07-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm glad you're still here hun

LQQKITZME
05-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Happy birthday.. Although Today is my 1st Birthday..

The Ren
05-07-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm glad you're still here hun

thanks babe...

Happy birthday.. Although Today is my 1st Birthday..
Happy bday to us!

NVEOUS
05-07-2009, 09:59 AM
I've had a similar experience. When i wrecked my 95 civic. I hit a tree and rolled my car 3 times. Busted my front, back, and driver side windows. But I saw my dad looking over at me when I hit the trees from the passenger seat. I wasn't wearing a seat belt or anything either. I walked away with out a scratch on me.

The Ren
05-07-2009, 10:03 AM
I've had a similar experience. When i wrecked my 95 civic. I hit a tree and rolled my car 3 times. Busted my front, back, and driver side windows. But I saw my dad looking over at me when I hit the trees from the passenger seat. I wasn't wearing a seat belt or anything either. I walked away with out a scratch on me.

Ruiner, Ahmmonarah, Btec(i think), and a few others of us on IA have all had some pretty bad shit..

Mine was in Kennesaw.. a lady hit me going about 80 (they never clocked her) on Cobb place blvd.. a 35mph zone. I was pulling out of ventura road making a left and she T-boned me in the drivers door. I spent 27 days in the hospital.. and had to be recesitated at the scene... I broke my pelvis in four places, 3 broken ribs, Class 3 lacerated kidney, busted my left hand (which now has a rod), punctured my lung, and cracked my sterum.

teh bri
05-07-2009, 10:06 AM
I'd beat someone's ass if they ever hit me and did something like that.. woo! I can't stand dumb drivers.. But i'm glad you're here love :)

The Ren
05-07-2009, 10:08 AM
I'd beat someone's ass if they ever hit me and did something like that.. woo! I can't stand dumb drivers.. But i'm glad you're here love :)

thanks hon :D

DriVaH
05-07-2009, 10:32 AM
happy second birthday.... sorry to hear about your close call, and though i don't know you i am glad you are ok....

Princess12
05-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Happy 2nd Birthday! It gives you a completely different appreciation for life. I've been there too.

oneSLOWex
05-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Happy 2nd Bday! Glad you are still with us!!

The Ren
05-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Happy 2nd Birthday! It gives you a completely different appreciation for life. I've been there too.

So true!

BobbyFresco
05-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Wow....Glad you're still with us!

Miranda
05-07-2009, 11:34 AM
I love you I love you I love you I love you.....

now get over it and move on...

holding a yearly vigil to your close encounter of the crumpled kind is slightly neurotic and wholly unproductive. Second chances are meant to allow you to live... obsessing over this every year is completely missing the point.

I love you, but I will have no words of encouragement until the year that you and I are sitting around on my bday and you're like, "man, I totally forgot yesterday was my accident!" Then, I'll leghump and be awesome.

The Ren
05-07-2009, 11:36 AM

holding a yearly vigil to your close encounter of the crumpled kind is slightly neurotic and wholly unproductive. Second chances are meant to allow you to live... obsessing over this every year is completely missing the point.

I love you, but I will have no words of encouragement until the year that you and I are sitting around on my bday and you're like, "man, I totally forgot yesterday was my accident!" Then, I'll leghump and be awesome.

Hopefully that day will come sooner then later

Miranda
05-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Hopefully that day will come sooner then later
I hope so!

staysideways
05-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Even though Ive made this post in years previous.. this is a big one for me. It's been 5 years since my accident that has now included me in the survivors club here on IA. Its very surreal.. and I owe Kennesaw EMT's my life for resesitating me in the ambulence. So happy 2nd birthday to me!

happy birthday!!!

cake please?

i am glad you're ok though, despite the fact i've never talked to you before, online or otherwise.

ahmonrah
05-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Ruiner, Ahmonrah(corrected by ahmonrah), Btec(i think), and a few others of us on IA have all had some pretty bad shit..

Mine was in Kennesaw.. a lady hit me going about 80 (they never clocked her) on Cobb place blvd.. a 35mph zone. I was pulling out of ventura road making a left and she T-boned me in the drivers door. I spent 27 days in the hospital.. and had to be recesitated at the scene... I broke my pelvis in four places, 3 broken ribs, Class 3 lacerated kidney, busted my left hand (which now has a rod), punctured my lung, and cracked my sterum.
happy belated Survivors day Ren :cheers:

yep, i'm going on my 4th yr anniversary on august 19.

ooh! and give it up to a good friend and A.P.D. officer who celebrated his 20th year in the survivors club yesterday(5-7-09). as a rooky officer, he survived a GSW to the head at near point blank range. he did the impossible, relearning all his facilities and even rejoined the force, turning down their suggestion to do a "handicap" physical and passed! he's on the streets as he was in the beginning, no desk jockeying for him!

cheers to ya REN, you possess an indomitable spirit.

civic95
05-09-2009, 12:30 AM

Maybe she just feels obligated to remind the rest of us how precious life is, and how it can be taken away any second.

87 Turbo II
05-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Yay life!

redrumracer
05-09-2009, 12:45 AM
am i the only person in the world who doesnt remember they day they should have died in a car accident(per dr words) either way im glad your still with us and hopefully many more.

Tasuki_Civic
05-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Happy birf day to you and me as well......its my 4rd birthday. Mine was 1/06/06. Still have some minor growing pains but im here dammmmit! and so are you! :boobies: :cheers: :D ;) :goodjob:

BanginJimmy
05-09-2009, 11:22 AM
I guess I am the only one smart enough to not drive like an idiot and lucky enough to not have some idiot damn near kill me.