PDA

View Full Version : z6 head swap

revized_DX
05-06-2009, 11:22 AM
is it really worth doing? i mean im running a pretty damn stout zc now and got 3 different ecu's i can use depending on situation. for instance, the hf ecu that i got from our "bus driver" (ha ha what up homie!) brings MAD fucking torque! the si well is an si, and the chipped si (chipped for dohc zc) is just a whole different world compared to the regular pm6.
the hf ecu is gonna be used mainly for mountain runs.

would swapping to a z6 and staying obd0 (for now) running a controller, ect. really be worth the trouble to do? i mean at most what am i gonna pick up about 15 hp? have done some research on mini-me's but not too much. i know that yall know whats up so i want to ask for an opinion from you guys before i really commit to going that direction.

let me know what yall think!

thanks in advance!

Papa_Smurf
05-06-2009, 11:30 AM
go obd1, get a dohc zc, and buy my uber rare p29 (ecu that was made for the dohc zc)

bigdare23
05-06-2009, 12:52 PM
go obd1, get a dohc zc, and buy my uber rare p29 (ecu that was made for the dohc zc)

Why? So he can be slow still? :lmfao:

Personally I would take what you got and go from their. The money you would of spend on the head swap could be used to get a Bisimoto cam. :goodjob:

Papa_Smurf
05-06-2009, 03:46 PM

Yes. lulz

Personally I would take what you got and go from their. The money you would of spend on the head swap could be used to get a Bisimoto cam. :goodjob:

dont dump ur money into a D. save ur money, jump on the bandwagon, and go B20.

As my patented phrase goes.... B20 vtec's are the new B16's

revized_DX
05-07-2009, 12:51 AM
well my pm6 i have now IS chipped for DOHC ZC! found that out tonight. and i also found out that the zc/si tranny i have is also for a DOHC and in fact, THE AXLES ARE GOOD!!! :yes: the right side one just slipped out but i could have swore it broke. we took it apart tonight and everything is good! but put dx tranny in anyhow and possibly just for a little while.

friend that built the motor was saying z6 head just really be a waste of time. my homeboy has a T25 but dont really know that i want to boost it and kinda partial more to supercharger. but im just gonna drive it for now and enjoy it!

b20......well, i would like to do a b series in a shell that i could strip down. got my brothers crx but i dont want a crx like them, just dont want one. really want that 4 door!

revized_DX
05-07-2009, 12:53 AM

so you think cam would be next step?

rbwdriven
05-07-2009, 05:51 AM
i would stick with the sohc zc. I'm betting if you put a bizi cam in there it will come alive. it already has a different cam than the stock d16 due to it being a sohc zc. I believe they are a little hotter than the standard d16.

revized_DX
05-07-2009, 07:53 PM
^^^
thats what makes the zc, the cam. starting to look at different ones now. friend of mine keeps trying to talk me into turbo but not sure i want to do that.

bigdare23
05-07-2009, 08:33 PM
I don't really know your budget or how far you want to go with your build. With that being said I'm going to give u two build examples, cheap and expensive.

Cheap
-y8 intake manifold
-h22 tb
-bisi stage 1 cam
-thin head gasket
-ebay header
-test pipe
-2.25 exhaust
-apexi fuel controller (for tuning)

Expensive
-bisi header
-upgraded valvetrain
-headwork (atleast a valve job)
-bisi cam (higher stage)
-dohc zc pistons
-skunk2 intake manifold
-larger tb (gotta research sizes for d's)
-2.5in exhaust
-test pipe
-convert to obd1
-chipped ecu and dyno tuned.

revized_DX
05-07-2009, 11:36 PM
I don't really know your budget or how far you want to go with your build. With that being said I'm going to give u two build examples, cheap and expensive.

Cheap
-y8 intake manifold
-h22 tb
-bisi stage 1 cam
-thin head gasket
-ebay header
-test pipe
-2.25 exhaust
-apexi fuel controller (for tuning)

Expensive
-bisi header
-upgraded valvetrain
-headwork (atleast a valve job)
-bisi cam (higher stage)
-dohc zc pistons
-skunk2 intake manifold
-larger tb (gotta research sizes for d's)
-2.5in exhaust
-test pipe
-convert to obd1
-chipped ecu and dyno tuned.

just like everyone else's...ha ha...thanks dare! gives me a good shopping list if anything! been looking at uping exhaust. running 2 inch now and dc header and a :ninja: cat:ninja: got a z6 mani and looking for iacv. will be starting a for sale thread soon and everything resulting from that is going back into the car even if its a $20 part from p.a.p.