PDA

View Full Version : Movies/TV Curious Case of Benjamin Button

GLulic
05-06-2009, 01:48 AM
It's one of the most entertaining movies I've seen in a while.The movie is very detailed from beginning to end,but that makes it super long lol.It's definitely worth renting.

T.C.
05-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Gonna rent it today

PROŽ
05-06-2009, 11:35 AM
yea, great movie. i loved it

KevinT707
05-07-2009, 01:18 AM
I really enjoyed this one!

Elbow
05-07-2009, 07:17 AM
I went and saw it in the theater with my girlfriend, we went to like the 10:30 showing when it came out, big mistake lol. It was a good movie, but being so late it just kept on going and going. It reminds me of Forrest Gump in a way. The movie is very well put together, kind of sad though.

Maverick
05-07-2009, 10:08 AM
just rented it last night. i thought it was fantastic, though i think they rushed the end a little bit. good shit go watch it. oh and i never thougth cate blanchet was hot until i saw this movie.

blacknightteg
05-07-2009, 10:09 AM
REPOST :ninja: lol but in all seriousness, it as a good movie.

T.C.
05-10-2009, 02:06 PM
It was ok. All it really was is a new "Meet Joe Black". I was greatly dissapointed

americanctm
05-11-2009, 03:50 PM
I really liked it, the acting was terrific. Really good movie

ArK
05-11-2009, 06:51 PM
fukin great movie period!

antiv6
05-11-2009, 11:28 PM
i thought it was good but really boring at parts

Kevykev
05-22-2009, 02:20 PM
I really enjoyed that movie. I was blown away at the part where he came back to his wife's school as an adolescent.

Loved It!

JayL
05-22-2009, 02:22 PM
oh yeah! it was really an AMAZING film! seen it twice now.

Paul
05-22-2009, 02:54 PM
it was good, kinda slow at parts, but very entertaining. the makeup was A+; i always dig the story telling type films like Big Fish to The Princess Bride

GLulic
05-23-2009, 01:42 PM
it was good, kinda slow at parts, but very entertaining. the makeup was A+; i always dig the story telling type films like Big Fish to The Princess Bride
Yea Big Fish was awesome lol.

koukis14
05-23-2009, 02:43 PM
It was good but as mentioned before I liked it the first time when it was called Forest Gump.

GLulic
05-24-2009, 01:33 AM
It was good but as mentioned before I liked it the first time when it was called Forest Gump.
How is it like Forrest Gump? They have no similarities except for that they both went through some of the same things in their lifetimes.

koukis14
05-24-2009, 08:35 PM
How is it like Forrest Gump? They have no similarities except for that they both went through some of the same things in their lifetimes.

Besides an affliction that fallows them through life and shapes the movie, a woman that they fall in love with that comes and goes through their life, fighting in a war, being on a boat, something scary and violent happens on said boat, mother dies half way through the movie, they both keep coming back home throughout the movie, they both owned a company with their name in the company name, both movies start out with someone telling the story of thier life and from time to time come back to the person telling the story.

yungdz
05-24-2009, 08:41 PM
It was ok. All it really was is a new "Meet Joe Black". I was greatly dissapointed

:thinking: :no:

Besides an affliction that fallows them through life and shapes the movie, a woman that they fall in love with that comes and goes through their life, fighting in a war, being on a boat, something scary and violent happens on said boat, mother dies half way through the movie, they both keep coming back home throughout the movie, they both owned a company with their name in the company name, both movies start out with someone telling the story of thier life and from time to time come back to the person telling the story.

yea it is written just like forrest gump, just different characters. I think its more like FG than is is Meet Joe Black.

koukis14
05-24-2009, 09:35 PM
yea it is written just like forrest gump, just different characters. I think its more like FG than is is Meet Joe Black.

I was wondering why you were talking about Meet Joe Black, then I looked back throught the posts. How the fuck is this movie ANYTHING like meet joe black. One is a story about someone with a physical problem going through life, the other is about the Grim Reaper trying to get laid.

yungdz
05-24-2009, 09:36 PM
I was wondering why you were talking about Meet Joe Black, then I looked back throught the posts. How the fuck is this movie ANYTHING like meet joe black. One is a story about someone with a physical problem going through life, the other is about the Grim Reaper trying to get laid.

exactly lol

_Christian_
05-24-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm watching this tonight at work, so I hope it's decent.

okra1981
05-24-2009, 11:24 PM
I thought that it was okay, I just didn't think that it was worthy of its Oscar nominations, maybe some of the special effects, maybe. I thought the storytelling was similar to Forrest Gump in a way, that is the only movie that I thought it was reminiscent of. I would like to read Fitzgerald's book to see how they compare.

T.C.
05-25-2009, 09:08 AM

Its Brad Pitt acting the same way. In MJB he is death, experiencing life. In CCBB he is telling a story about his life experiences. They are a similar concept, and Brad Pitt's acting is almost exactly the same for both movies. I will admit it is more like FG, but it is almost an identical role to MJB.

koukis14
05-25-2009, 12:24 PM
Its Brad Pitt acting the same way. In MJB he is death, experiencing life. In CCBB he is telling a story about his life experiences. They are a similar concept, and Brad Pitt's acting is almost exactly the same for both movies. I will admit it is more like FG, but it is almost an identical role to MJB.

They are nothing alike. Meet Joe Black he is like a confused bright eyed puppy, in Benjamin Button he is a aww shucks take on all challenges almost cocky kid in an old mans body.