PDA

View Full Version : Shops that leave your lug nuts loose after a brake job

Atlblkz06
05-06-2009, 01:11 AM
If a shop left 5/10 lug nuts loose (to where you are able to tighten by hand) after working on your brakes... would you go back to that shop?

They didnt work on my car, and yes they advertise here...

slostang
05-06-2009, 01:12 AM
wow thats kinda scary...

Captain-Obvious™
05-06-2009, 01:14 AM
.....kinda wish the rule against sponsor bashing was lifted for this one thread now...

03RCode
05-06-2009, 01:16 AM
Wow... how hard is it to make sure the dang things are tight? I worked at the busiest shop in my area, and even doing back to back brake jobs thats not something you can just "forget" to do. That could be a deadly mistake.

FlipKing
05-06-2009, 01:16 AM
yes I would. So then my wheel would fall off, total'd car and sue the shit outta them.

Captain-Obvious™
05-06-2009, 01:22 AM
trust me you'll know if your wheel is about to fall off...

I used to own a '79 bronco on 44s...and the lug nuts were loose on the rear driver side... bitch started breakin' studs...and it was loud...needless to say I pulled over...because...

truck with 18" of lift rollin' on three wheels = FAIL

Brian*
05-06-2009, 07:57 AM
This is why I do my own shit... I trust NO ONE!

Nemesis
05-06-2009, 08:01 AM
I had a fucking shop install my wheels and they left a lug on each wheel loose!!!

oh wait...that was me lulz

NVEOUS
05-06-2009, 08:06 AM
I do all my own shit. I don't trust anyone else to do it. I double check all my lugs after a break job.

Greddypacked
05-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Well its not the shops fault really. It was the tech that worked on your car. Most shops require using a torque wrench after messing w/ the rims and lugs. If the tech doesnt use it they usually get written up, and thats a big nono to get written up on.

Brian*
05-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Well its not the shops fault really. It was the tech that worked on your car. Most shops require using a torque wrench after messing w/ the rims and lugs. If the tech doesnt use it they usually get written up, and thats a big nono to get written up on.

No, its the shops fault.. :ninja:

oneSLOWex
05-06-2009, 08:12 AM
HAIL NO i would not go back to get work done. I would go back to complain and make sure something was done about the tech who did it.

It is the shops fault somewhat for hiring a moron :D

Atlblkz06
05-06-2009, 02:08 PM

I don't give a rats ass who worked on the car - it's the shop's responsibility to make sure it's right. If something happens, it's the shop that gets sued, not the tech. I agree - I do my own work unless its more than I can handle.

You should hear the horror stories on DEALERSHIPS not knowing how to do an oil change in the dry sump systems in the C6Z. Its easy, but one dealership found a way to hydrolock the engine with OIL
:lmfao:

oneSLOWex
05-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Its easy, but one dealership found a way to hydrolock the engine with OIL
:lmfao:

:eek: :eek: WUT?

EJ25RUN
05-06-2009, 02:30 PM
To answer the question.

No. I would NEVER go back.

Nismo
05-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Spill the beans! Who was it!

tdurr
05-06-2009, 09:16 PM

I know a few shops that dont tq wheels....
they just impact the fuck outta them.