View Full Version : General Chat Bye Viper, c-ya later Wrangler

OnURleft
05-06-2009, 12:12 AM
Shame shame shame.....

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090505.025/dodge-viper-jeep-wrangler-to-be-axed

Captain-Obvious™
05-06-2009, 12:27 AM
fuck the viper....

I'm sad about wranglers!! my favorite off road vehicle of all time!

OnURleft
05-06-2009, 12:31 AM
fuck the viper....

I'll have to give nod to the Defender 90 on that one, but I will miss the Wrangler. The Viper.... ehhh even though it can run 10's stock, I wouldn't mind if they dis-continued it for a decade or more to enhance the exoticness factor.

Captain-Obvious™
05-06-2009, 01:07 AM
I'll have to give nod to the Defender 90 on that one, but I will miss the Wrangler. The Viper.... ehhh even though it can run 10's stock, I wouldn't mind if they dis-continued it for a decade or more to enhance the exoticness factor.

the defender is sick no doubt...but wranglers are inifnitely easier to mod and way cheaper...

The Creeper
05-06-2009, 01:16 AM
Poor Viper, One of the baddest fucking cars on the road today.

Bruce Leroy
05-06-2009, 07:19 AM
WTF at them cutting the wrangler. Thats something I thought would never happen.

They should cut the avenger, the nitro, the caliber, the jeep compas, the jeep patriot the crossfire, and the commander.

Build a new neon, that comes in coupe, sedan, and hatch/wagon 5 door version. Have a variety of powertrains to choose from including a diesel/hybrid option. That way they can appeal to a very wide range of buyers with ONE product.

Jeep should only sell wranglers, Cherokees, and grand Cherokees.

They need to keep making the cars that america already knows, but make them better to change their minds about chrysler. Then cut down on all the extra fluf that they make, that just costs them extra money in the long run.

AnthonyF
05-06-2009, 07:25 AM
fuck the viper....!

yeah, most people say that when they keep up.

I am sad to see the Viper go, but it will just raise the prices on the other ones and make them even more rare than they are now. :goodjob:

-Ant.

BKgen®
05-06-2009, 07:29 AM
fuck the viper....

fuck the wrangler....

I'm sad about vipers!! my favorite American sports car of all time!

:cry: This sucks

thepolecat
05-06-2009, 07:33 AM
How can they get rid of wranglers? That IS a Jeep, the only real Jeep.

Viper- sad, that was my first fantasy car.

AnthonyF
05-06-2009, 07:48 AM
The jeep wranglers sales have fallen. People want security in vehicle and that vehicle has hardly any. Also, what is the point of the wrangler? You can barely hold anything, can't tow, and since they have strayed from their roots a teeny bit, the die hard Wrangler fans have stuck with their older models.

The Viper didn't make any real money for the Chrysler Corp. Same with the Prowler. They only want to keep the models that make them some real cash.

-Ant.

antiv6
05-06-2009, 08:31 AM
viper is one of my favorite cars, this sucks

TSiFTW
05-06-2009, 08:39 AM
Sad to see the Wrangler go. When someone says Jeep, what do you think of. How can there be Jeep with no Wrangler:no:

EJ25RUN
05-06-2009, 08:56 AM
The Viper really hasn't done anything for itself since the redesign in 2003.

AnthonyF
05-06-2009, 09:39 AM
The Viper really hasn't done anything for itself since the redesign in 2003.
Many reasons for that. Since your a big fan of races, you should know about them and LeMans.

-Ant.

NevrNufTorq
05-06-2009, 09:45 AM
yeah, most people say that when they keep up.

I am sad to see the Viper go, but it will just raise the prices on the other ones and make them even more rare than they are now. :goodjob:

-Ant.
just sucks!!!!! now i'll prob never have one! :( :cry:

AnthonyF
05-06-2009, 10:23 AM
just sucks!!!!! now i'll prob never have one! :( :cry:
PSH! yeah right Mr. Rich. They are only like 20-28k for Gen I's & II's,

-Ant.

Elbow
05-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Many reasons for that. Since your a big fan of races, you should know about them and LeMans.

-Ant.

What do you mean?

EJ25RUN
05-06-2009, 02:27 PM

-Ant.

The comp coupe has had a little success in national GT championships in Europe but no where near the ORECA effort of the 90's.

You also gotta remember, that project was run fully by Oreca. Chyrsler providing nothing in R&D or money.

In street sales, its been outclasses by other cars in recent years. I realize the performance per dollar debate but on the overall....interior, styling, performance, reliability, deprecation, and all other factors considered, most rich people want to buy something else.

I for one would take a first gen Viper or a base base 911 over the new Viper. Its just an old dog in todays world.

2turbo4u
05-06-2009, 09:57 PM
I gonna miss the Viper!

ATL_EG
05-06-2009, 10:23 PM
wtf the wrangler?
the viper is understandable at best but the fuckin wrangler!?!?

Arm&hammer
05-06-2009, 10:24 PM
they removed the two best cars they have.
sad.

90_ACCORD
05-06-2009, 10:26 PM
yeah i can understand gettin rid of the viper since there so expensive hardly anyone buys them but the wrangler people seem to buy a lot more of. i see hundreds on wranglers on the road everyday while i see maybe one viper every couple of months.