PDA

View Full Version : EMISSIONS (HONDA 1994)

NOCLUE
05-05-2009, 11:19 PM
ok i have a 1994 honda civic stock motor (D15b7) and my check engine light has

been throwing the code 7 (tps) i got a new tps and it still throwz the code :thinking:

so i left it alone, i mean the car doesnt run any diffrent, 2 the point will i pass

emissions with this light on my abs is also on because of my steering wheel is

that ok, thanks every1

punkr6
05-06-2009, 06:27 AM
They won't pass it with the check engine light on, the abs light being on doesn't matter though.

EDIT : Ant. says it will pass with the CEL on. thats News to me.... :surrender

Barefoot
05-06-2009, 08:00 AM
they will test and if it pass on its on they will let it right with a check engine light on. my mazda when i had them always had cels on for something. it was a piece. an it passed 2 years in a row with bad o2s cels.

Turbodude06
05-06-2009, 11:06 AM
when u put the new tps on their, did u make sure u had the required volts and stuff, u cant just put a tps on and adjust it by ear, at least on OBD2 cars u can't. And for the throwing a check engine light when getting your emissions on OBD1 cars ur alowed like 2 or 3 things to fail ur check engine light being one of them, but if u pass everything else then your good but most of the time u won't cause the check engine lights on for a reason lol.....

thepolecat
05-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Duct tape cures sheck engine lights and ABS lights on 95 and older cars.

AnthonyF
05-06-2009, 12:22 PM
They won't pass it with the check engine light on, the abs light being on doesn't matter though.

Please refrain from answering questions you know nothing about.

on a 1994 car, it does not matter if your CEL is on or off. Go do the test and see how she does. I've seen cars with NO CATS pass with flying colors.

-Ant.

NOCLUE
05-06-2009, 12:49 PM
ya i went on the web site and i dont think the light matters 4 1995 an older, i no my exhaust is ok, going 2 day will update thanks every1

Turbodude06
05-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Duct tape cures sheck engine lights and ABS lights on 95 and older cars.

^LOL but the light has to come on and then go off and they check for that:goodjob:

AnthonyF
05-06-2009, 01:12 PM
^LOL but the light has to come on and then go off and they check for that:goodjob:

WRONG! People, read responses before typing your own words.

96+ vehicles CEL get checked. Not 95 and older.

-Ant.

Turbodude06
05-06-2009, 01:13 PM
^oh ok, learn something new everyday I've never had obd1

punkr6
05-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Please refrain from answering questions you know nothing about.

on a 1994 car, it does not matter if your CEL is on or off. Go do the test and see how she does. I've seen cars with NO CATS pass with flying colors.

-Ant.

my bad dude, thats what they told me a few years back. I personaly never had that problem, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't fix what ever is throwing the cel any way...

AnthonyF
05-06-2009, 02:59 PM
^Depends. we live out in the country where we dont need emissions. ;) None of our cars have cats. hehe.

But, we do emissions, so it doesn't matter. HA! Win Win.

-Ant.

NOCLUE
05-06-2009, 03:14 PM
raining going 2mar

Jason..
05-06-2009, 03:21 PM

EDIT : Ant. says it will pass with the CEL on. thats News to me.... :surrenderYour stupid.

punkr6
05-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Your stupid.96 and newer will fail OB2 cars 95 older will...

Thanks for calling me stupid. Do you feel better now ? I already posted up the reason I thought it wouldn't pass and Ant. corrected me. But I guess you have a need to jump in and call names like a child needing attention.

I forgive you and hope we can get through this like grown ups...<hugs>

Also, thanks for the negetive reps Jason.

Jason..
05-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks for calling me stupid. Do you feel better now ? I already posted up the reason I thought it wouldn't pass and Ant. corrected me. But I guess you have a need to jump in and call names like a child needing attention.

I forgive you and hope we can get through this like grown ups...<hugs>

Also, thanks for the negetive reps Jason.Glad I can help out.

Jdm94Coupe
05-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Glad I can help out.

Don't you wish somebody would help you out knowing what your car can handle and what it can't. Stop trash talking about emissions and worry about that ragged out POS 350z. BTW next time try not to scam the dealership by putting all your stock parts back on and thinking we won't know you ran nitrous on it. idiot. Neg rep me all you want , but the fact remains another ia member came on here trying to help someone out. Then they were corrected for their mistake. You then come on here like a 16 year old girl on facebook talking shit for no reason! He had his facts wrong and was corrected, no need for you to call people you don't know stupid.

Glad I can help YOU out!

SUBY_RUE
05-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Just checking, you know th tps sensor is spring loaded. but did you make sure when you put your tps on, did you twist it on or just line up the boly holes?

Jason..
05-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Don't you wish somebody would help you out knowing what your car can handle and what it can't. Stop trash talking about emissions and worry about that ragged out POS 350z. BTW next time try not to scam the dealership by putting all your stock parts back on and thinking we won't know you ran nitrous on it. idiot. Neg rep me all you want , but the fact remains another ia member came on here trying to help someone out. Then they were corrected for their mistake. You then come on here like a 16 year old girl on facebook talking shit for no reason! He had his facts wrong and was corrected, no need for you to call people you don't know stupid.

Glad I can help YOU out!My car never went to the dealer...Anything else?

stillaneon
05-07-2009, 12:22 PM

Glad I can help YOU out!

your reps are disabled.

just saying

AnthonyF
05-07-2009, 12:23 PM
That's enough. :locked:

OP got his answers he was looking for.

-Ant.