PDA

View Full Version : dyno?

htchking
09-28-2005, 08:48 PM
when i am done doing my swap i want to dyno my car.but i never been around or seen how it acually works and what do i look for?and will it tell me if something is wrong or if something will go wrong?i need some kind of dyno info please help.

tatodotcom
09-28-2005, 08:53 PM
im not sure if it gives you any diagnostic readings....but power and torque......ur tires spin on the cylinders underneath and some wires i belive are hooked up to ur engine.....sorry not much help but i tried...

Jon00
09-28-2005, 09:29 PM
pm vteckid he can help u

Vteckidd
09-29-2005, 09:56 AM
the way a dyno works (dynojet) is that we place your car on a roller. we hook up an o2 sensor to your exhaust for the wideband (it will tell us what air fuel ratio your car is running) and then we connect a wire to your ignition signal so we can get a tach reading.

Now, the dyno will tell me if your car is misfiring, running too rich, running to lean, if you have blow by if oil comes out the back when we are accelerating. but thats about it.

I assume from your avatar you have a honda? We charge $100/hr to tune a car on the dyno. Make sure you have something to tune with like a VAFC or SAFC or if you want you can PM me and look at getting turboedit or Uberdata.

the number to our shop is in my signature.

htchking
09-29-2005, 10:11 AM
thanx for the info i will definatly get back to you when swap is done.

Whatthatslame
09-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Al is Opening up His Dyno in Lizella so if you dont want to drive all the way to Atl Just to Dyno your car probly PM him on Maconracers his name is Lizard...

Im not sure if hes gonna be doing any tuning tho...