PDA

View Full Version : should i or shouldnt i??????

boosted1jz
09-28-2005, 07:05 PM
well...... while out "breaking" the car in i broke the fucking cam gear bolt, needless to say it bent the valves :( so the question is.....

should i just fucking give up, throw the towel in, say adiose(spelling?) or should i wait longer.... and get some $$ up and fix it?!

im bout ready to just give up :( any1 wanna donate to the get my car fixed again fund??? my goal is $150 to get new valves....

chris

silver
09-28-2005, 07:08 PM
I will give you a $1

Cliff
09-28-2005, 07:09 PM
dude i mean i know you love the car but after this many problems maybe that's just what is meant to be...get a new project car if you want somthing to tinker with....

Vteckidd
09-28-2005, 07:19 PM
FUCK no dont give up. Yeah it sucks, but such is the life of modding a car. Do you know for a fact the valves are bent. slide the timing belt back on and crank it up, if you werent at high rpms you might be ok.

At least in honda world you would be ok. dont know much about supra engines. ill donate $10 to you, whats your paypal?

7Mpower89
09-28-2005, 07:23 PM
Well Chris... you have to ask yourself a simple question..

Is it the car's fault, or the Mechanic's fault?

:) If its the car's fault, GET RID OF IT.

If its the mechanic's fault.. GET A NEW MECHANIC! :goodjob:

Just playin with ya man, but serriously, just get some new valves, we'll spend a night puttin them in, i'll buy the beer, you buy the Pizza.

You have come this far. I think if you got rid of it, you would regret it.

The other alternative is to sell it and dump that money into your Firebird.

BufordŽ
09-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Hey, I'll donate $15 to this. You can't give up. You've gone way too far.

Brett
09-28-2005, 08:09 PM
After all you have done to the motor, getting it repainted, and just the love for the car would make you regret it. You know how happy that car makes you, Just step back, get it fixed and you will love it again, Youd regret it, TRUST ME

YokotaS13
09-28-2005, 08:10 PM
yep, i regret getting rid of my Dizzm

TwinyTwin
09-28-2005, 08:31 PM
well...... while out "breaking" the car in i broke the fucking cam gear bolt, needless to say it bent the valves :( so the question is.....

should i just fucking give up, throw the towel in, say adiose(spelling?) or should i wait longer.... and get some $$ up and fix it?!

im bout ready to just give up :( any1 wanna donate to the get my car fixed again fund??? my goal is $150 to get new valves....

chris

Are you joking! Man I have had more problems with my car than you have had with yours. I mean, I had a problem 30 minutes after I bought it and I still have not given up on my car. After one week of driving my car since the new setup the trans pump went out on me. The thought of selling my car has never crossed my mind (even when I had to get it towed that night) and it should not cross yours. Just remember, you are building a high performance/race car and things are gonna end up breaking and that just the way it is. Just take your time dont rush, who cares if its not out this weekend. The main thing is that its running right. And you are not gonna deny me the race that is planned when both cars are running again! If you ever need any help with your car or just an extra hand, give me a shout.

Vteckidd
09-28-2005, 08:42 PM
ill help to, on a sunday we can use the shop and do the work if you need it. Dont give up man

Big Rick
09-28-2005, 09:00 PM
GIVE UP CHRIS! FUCK THAT CAR, IT WILL NEVER BE FASTER THEN MINE ANYWAYS.

LOL j/k man. Just get back at it, i seen and heard the new set up, i'm sure u will enjoy the results later. plus we need more mk3's to represent, Lets get it done before the shoot out.

5thgcelica
09-28-2005, 09:04 PM
take a few days off from it..take a month off. whatever..

give it some rest... come in..start fresh..but dont ever give up.

Jon00
09-28-2005, 09:13 PM
yeah man dont give up u cant u have came this far FINSH THE project good luck man

SLOWR/T
09-28-2005, 10:59 PM
well dont know how long youve had the car or your situation but if you give up on it now then what have you accomplished?? ive heard about your car on and off since i joined so it sounds like youve been working on it for some time now. i say keep working on it. with a project car youll most always come to some point when you think selling it would just be easier. keep it and enjoy the money you put in it rather than losing some just to get it outta your hair. oh and while you guys a donating money throw some my way so i can get mine running also.

DonGori
09-28-2005, 11:02 PM
yeh man you've put WAY too much into it to just say fuck it and let it sit there

Georgia_boy
09-28-2005, 11:06 PM
all i will say is if you give up now

you will regret it (i know from experience)

boosted1jz
09-28-2005, 11:21 PM
thanx guys! i have had the car for over 3 years, its had 4 engines( from just me) and who knows how many b4 me LOL......

it just sux that i didnt even get to drive it a full weekend and something shitty like this happens :( its just killing me........... i doubt ill give up, its just this has made it harder 4 me to want to keep going with it :(

and from the looks of it.... i seriously doubt ill be making it to the shootout :( cause i just dont have the funds 4 it...... i dumped everything i have into the car and now have no money and nothing to show 4 it :(

thanx 4 the encoragement(sp?)!
chris

EX-Svic
09-28-2005, 11:37 PM
Dont Give up , I saw it when it was in the garage and the motor all apart and now you finished it , dont let the little bolt get in the way of all the hard work you put into it so dont give up only look back for the mistakes other than that keep on going..............Peace

RISKYB
09-29-2005, 12:20 AM
dont give up, thats just a risk we all run when we mod our shit, better luck next time

BufordŽ
09-29-2005, 12:52 AM
Are you joking! Man I have had more problems with my car than you have had with yours. I mean, I had a problem 30 minutes after I bought it and I still have not given up on my car. After one week of driving my car since the new setup the trans pump went out on me. The thought of selling my car has never crossed my mind (even when I had to get it towed that night) and it should not cross yours. Just remember, you are building a high performance/race car and things are gonna end up breaking and that just the way it is. Just take your time dont rush, who cares if its not out this weekend. The main thing is that its running right. And you are not gonna deny me the race that is planned when both cars are running again! If you ever need any help with your car or just an extra hand, give me a shout.

Listen to this cracker. He's the king of not giving up. lol

So are you going to take our donations or what? I'd rather give cash than paypal.

TranceDJ06
09-29-2005, 12:58 AM
Your Call.

speedminded
09-29-2005, 01:00 AM
Keep it....it's just a minor setback, shit like that happens all the time, just have to learn from it and move on....

boosted1jz
09-29-2005, 07:17 AM
donations can be made to [email protected] on paypal..... or cash in hand... but u will have to find me LOL

paypal could be easier cause ill have to let it build up b4 i can order the new valves, which will have to come from online anyways......

im not expecting any1 to donate, and if u do..... please dont donate too much!! seriously!

thanx 4 the encouragement! i am feeling a lil better today about it so i guess imma start tearing into it tonight... pulling the head and all.....

chris

AznTraitor
09-29-2005, 07:34 AM
I'll donate you -$400

I accept paypal as well.

boosted1jz
09-29-2005, 07:37 AM
thanx pete!!!! ill send u the $$ asap!

ass :mad:

Jimmy B
09-29-2005, 09:36 AM
chris... you got it rigth.. dont give up.. things are GOING to break.. when i get my truck out.. im sure im gonna break alot of things(hopefully its road reflectors)

your building a preformance car,.. engines break when you put power down...

im building a dragging truck.. things break when you drag down the road at 45!

its all the name of the game!

boosted1jz
09-29-2005, 10:08 AM
i wasnt even getting on it.... i was just heading to a friends house to show him......

i know its a performance engine, but it should break while cruising(not putting power down) LOL o well lifes a bitch then u marry 1... i mean then u die

chris

YNOT2JZ
09-29-2005, 06:58 PM
Shit happens just wipe it up with tissue, flush it down the toilet...make sure you wash your nasty ass hands before you leave out the bathroom though!!!

Its gonna be aight Big DAWG!!!

Hell I got 5 on it! :goodjob: