PDA

View Full Version : Misc Sticky Wicket

Mr. Clean
05-04-2009, 08:33 PM
Alright we've been offered a 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath, 2 car garage, lawn service, back deck looks over a pond, in a fairly large neighborhood. We've been offered to rent it for $800/month and then the option to purchase if we like it. Now neither my girlfriend nor I make a whole lot of money right now and so she's worried about the price. Right now we rent a mediocre trailer from her dad for $350/month. I don't like the quality of the place we're currently in so it really stresses me out. I worry about every little thing to the point where I'm miserable most of the time. My girlfriend wants to stay at our current place and is perfectly happy with it. She wants to stay and save some money to put back... she says for a house or kids or retirement... w/e.

So what would you guys do if you were offered something like this? Would you make it work for the opportunity to have a home, or stay somewhere where you're not really that happy to save the money?

I'm really at odds here. I know money will be tight, but in my eyes, I'll be buying a fucking house! A nice house, but I don't know if my g/f will be happy.

Mods please move if this isn't Whoreslounge material. I didn't really know where else to put it lol.

PURP
05-04-2009, 08:36 PM
suck it up and pick up the art of drinking. Your worries will soon disappear. Tr00f... someone quote that shit.

BKgen®
05-04-2009, 08:49 PM
suck it up and pick up the art of drinking. Your worries will soon disappear. Tr00f... someone quote that shit.

quoted.

I don't like the quality of the place we're currently in

Damn... well if you wont let us in the house you've got now, I guess having a party in this new place has a snowball's chance in hell, right? :lmfao:

I say keep what you've got now... until you get kids you don't need all that space IMHO. Save your money, bro.

PURP
05-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Yeah, Justin. Quit your bitchin and moaning. The place is perfect. If you think you're not gonna run into snaggles in another place. Then you're crazy. No matter where you move to, things will always happen. Plus you'll pay way to much for the place if you decide to buy it. Renting to own blows a wang. Keep what you got. I love you... no homo

Dirty Octopus™
05-04-2009, 09:00 PM
tough it out Justin. you have nothing to lose. a house will always present itself. a plethora of money will NOT.

stack your paper and get a house that the both of you will be happy with. you THINK you're unhappy now. if she's unhappy just wait... you'll be EXTREMELY unhappy. So suck it up and stay in this practically rent free home. at least you're not back home with Mom or on the street. many would kill to have half the abode that you have.

PURP
05-04-2009, 09:01 PM
at least you're not back home with Mom or on the street. many would kill to have half the abode that you have.

QFT!!

BKgen®
05-04-2009, 09:07 PM
QFT!!

QFT!!

Princess12
05-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Ah... we just went through this. We put an offer on a house this morning.

If she is satisfied where you guys are, I would stay for just a little longer. There are a TON of great deals in the market right now, and I think it will be that way for a while longer.

Dirty Octopus™
05-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Ah... we just went through this. We put an offer on a house this morning.

If she is satisfied where you guys are, I would stay for just a little longer. There are a TON of great deals in the market right now, and I think it will be that way for a while longer.
QFT

PURP
05-04-2009, 09:41 PM
QFT

QFT

quickdodge®
05-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Like the others said, you should really stay. Your female has very valid points. I know the thought of getting a nice house and buying your own home is an exciting thought and you want to jump in on every opportunity that opens up to you, but that's just it.....you'll always have opportunities. Previous to this past year, my wife and I spent the last nine years renting. I wanted to get out and buy so bad, but I knew I couldn't afford it.

You don't want to get into a big deal like this when you "I know money will be tight." You never want to go into something of this magnitude thinking you can just scrape by. You think you're unhappy now. Wait until you get into an $800/month mortgage and you're stressing if the lights will be on in a few weeks, if you'll have TV (a luxury I know), if you'll have gas (if equipped). You still have to remember insurance for cars.

Also, think about your job(s). How do you know you don't get this house and then a month later, you're "downsized?" Then you're fucked.

Best bet is to stay put, save any and everything you can and work towards getting yourself a better paying job so you can move on. You'll be happier.

Speaking of being happier, be happy now. Be happy you have a roof. Be happy your bills are paid. I don't think you have any reason to NOT be happy, man.

Good luck, dude.

Oh and I moved this to here so it wouldn't get PTWLD. Later, QD.