PDA

View Full Version : RAM going dead?

j0nbunklah0m
05-04-2009, 08:05 PM
For some reason my comp can't handle counterstrike anymore, the mouse like freezes up in a way.. (if im moving it, it will stop moving for a second or two while the game is still going) My freind looked at the ram graph(?) thingie and he said it goes from working to 0% n then working again, i don't know whats going on and im not too good with computers. So any help is apreciated :)

j0natell0
05-04-2009, 08:16 PM
throw that shit away, u goin to varsity?

dorin48
05-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Its a possibility but if ram was the issue it cause random freezes/spikes/crashes anytime not just during your game. How many dimms (individual chips) do you have? Usually the real sign of ram going bad is random crashes or blue screen o' death.

j0nbunklah0m
05-04-2009, 11:48 PM
im not sure wat dimms are? but i have a 1gb stick?.. i dont get random crashes tho.. maybe its my vid card?

green91
05-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Go into your bios and see what your cpu temp is at, the most common cause of this ive seen is the fan going bad and the cpu overheating.

ttman
05-13-2009, 09:31 AM
this is what diagnostic programs are for. download & run memtest, let it run overnight. it will test your RAM to see if they are bad. also get checkitpro and run it. it will determine if your CPU/memory/chipset/HDD/ports (will need loopback plugs) are bad.

Gwb
05-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Sounds like video lag... due to a insufficient video card. I'm guessing because you have said your computer is running 1gb of ram. To make sure run memtest like ttman said to verify that is/ is not your RAM.

If your RAM is good I would look at getting a new video card. More than likely your computer has integrated graphics and has the capability of upgrading to a AGP card. I'm only guessing during this part.

ttman
05-14-2009, 11:04 AM
do u use dial-up by any chance? or connect to real far away CS/S servers? sounds like network latency (laggggggggggggggg).