PDA

View Full Version : Something else that makes BTEC mad..

BTEC
05-03-2009, 09:47 PM
I got a ticket on the way to the track. Youd assume speeding right? GA move over law. Cop had somebody pulled over around a curve. I was in right lane in the process of SPEEDING past a van. We all hit the brakes bc we were all speeding (about 80-90 in 70 zone) so needless to say, i was stuck next to the van bc we all slowed dwn.

I got close to the van to make room between me and the cop giving the ticket when i realized i couldnt get over but im not gonna side swipe the van.

There was another cop (theone that pulled me over) behind the one giving the ticket (the one i passed) waititng for someone to not move over which happen to be me. He said he didnt see me brake to a safe speed before passing him and the ticketing officer. (because you were in front of me when i hit the brakes dumbass. wtf is the point of braking after i pass you?)

He said i couldve sped up or slowed dwn to get over. (i was already speeding but i couldve floored it a blasted past with my wastegate wide open than moved over and see if that wouldve been acceptable. And considering they were pulled over in a right hand curve theres not much time to make all those adjustments b4 im already passing them. And i did hit the brakes but so did everybody else.)

He said i shouldve used my turn signal indicating i was trying to get over. (oh shit, move over law!! Hit brakes, maintain lane in curve, dnt get rearended by dude behind me though. van still next to me. I better let him know i tried to move over with this signal light. WTF ever.)

Looked it up and the fine is $500. They were doing that all day bc the cop is passed pulled up behind the one giving my a ticket and waited. probe passed in right lane, he goes and get them. Dude that got me pulls over a mtr cycle that passed the probe in the right lane.

Da_unknown
05-03-2009, 09:49 PM
dam homie, thats fucked up

punkr6
05-03-2009, 09:50 PM
sounds like a set up job to me...

Miranda
05-03-2009, 09:51 PM
wow.

BTEC
05-03-2009, 09:53 PM
i didnt even know he was pulling me over at first so i went left. he followed so im like ok? first wrds out of his mouth "did u see that officer on the side of the road?" Yeah, i tried to move over but there was a van next to me so i couldnt. "does ur turn signals and brakes not wrk?" If my brakes didnt wrk ud be chasing my dwn the hwy instead of asking a dumbass question. If my turn signals didnt wrk ud be giving me a ticket for improper lane change when i moved to the left bc i didnt know u was pulling me over.

Miranda
05-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Where exactly was this?

jhadleyh
05-03-2009, 09:58 PM
fucking pigs....there are 2 types of cops in the world

1. Traffic cops

1. Good officers that protect and serve. That is all

BTEC
05-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Where exactly was this?
Butts County. :goodjob: Went to Silver dollar today.

punkr6
05-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Butts County. :goodjob: Went to Silver dollar today.

I went too, them Basterds were every where...

Miranda
05-03-2009, 10:07 PM
I would seriously go fight it in court.

BTEC
05-03-2009, 10:08 PM
i mean, if u got me speeding or slapping the cops with my mirror, cite me bc i deserve it. or even if i had a chance to get over (like if they had been in my site for more than 3 seconds b4 passing them).

punkr6
05-03-2009, 10:08 PM

LOL, only if you wanna get your ass handed to you. ..

Miranda
05-03-2009, 10:09 PM
So, you should seriously go fight it.

punkr6
05-03-2009, 10:10 PM
So, you should seriously go fight it.

he doesn't have a chance. he didn't change lanes and thats the bottom line...

Miranda
05-03-2009, 10:10 PM
LOL, only if you wanna get your ass handed to you. ..
Bullshit...

You guys have got to stop acting like every court and every cop is out to get you. Given the circumstances, if he decided to go to court and calmly explain the situation, he has just as good a chance as any that it will be resolved in a more favorable manner than if he just bent over and sent in his $500 payment.

Echonova
05-03-2009, 10:11 PM
BTEC's word < Police Officers word

BTEC
05-03-2009, 10:11 PM
i am but it pisses me off bc its a waste of time and money. like a kid telling the teacher "he pushed me". If u wasnt on the side of the rd giving dumbass tickets all the time ppl might respect u more. And then u want to try to talk to me like im an idiot or something.

BTEC
05-03-2009, 10:13 PM
The law reads move over if possible. if its not possible, slow dwn and be ready to pull over. i couldnt move over, i hit the brakes, and i got a ticket so obviously i was ready to pull over.

Echonova
05-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Bullshit...

You guys have got to stop acting like every court and every cop is out to get you. Given the circumstances, if he decided to go to court and calmly explain the situation, he has just as good a chance as any that it will be resolved in a more favorable manner than if he just bent over and sent in his $500 payment.The economy has slowed down; so the tax collectors with blue lights have been out with a vengeance lately. Don't believe me? Drive on 285 through the 2.5 mile stretch that belongs to Doraville on Sunday and see if you don't get pulled over.

punkr6
05-03-2009, 10:16 PM
The economy has slowed down; so the tax collectors with blue lights have been out with a vengeance lately. Don't believe me? Drive on 285 through the 2.5 mile stretch that belongs to Doraville on Sunday and see if you don't get pulled over.

this is so true, every city has been steping up and handing out mass amounts of tickets..

Miranda
05-03-2009, 10:16 PM
You guys are overly paranoid... I drive like a complete ass everywhere I go... typically 80ish on the highways, and even in the Doraville, Norcross and Duluth areas I don't get bothered...

Echonova
05-03-2009, 10:18 PM
You guys are overly paranoid... I drive like a complete ass everywhere I go... typically 80ish on the highways, and even in the Doraville, Norcross and Duluth areas I don't get bothered...You have b00bs.

punkr6
You guys are overly paranoid... I drive like a complete ass everywhere I go... typically 80ish on the highways, and even in the Doraville, Norcross and Duluth areas I don't get bothered...

you will, I assure you. you wouldn't belive how many seat belt tickets I have...

BTEC
The economy has slowed down; so the tax collectors with blue lights have been out with a vengeance lately. Don't believe me? Drive on 285 through the 2.5 mile stretch that belongs to Doraville on Sunday and see if you don't get pulled over.
75 north between howell mill and windyhill around 1:30.

i understand things are slow and the govt needs money but im not gonna just cough up 500 bucks bc i wasnt able to move over and i ALWAYS do. Im almost to the point of telling them to kiss my ass even if they tell me to pay $5. just for the fact of bs rules and ppl who enforce them just to make money.

Miranda
05-03-2009, 10:21 PM
you will, I assure you. you wouldn't belive how many seat belt tickets I have...

Well then wear your seatbelt... Jesus...

punkr6
05-03-2009, 10:25 PM
no way, I have no intentions of burning up in a car when I could be thrown through a window instead...

BTEC
05-03-2009, 10:25 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I wouldnt even had argued with that if i had no seatbelt on. whatever. but 500 bc i couldnt get over. man, im gonna be mad about that til my court date.

BTEC
05-03-2009, 10:26 PM
no way, I have no intentions of burning up in a car when I could be thrown through a window instead...
who said the car is gonna burn? and suppose u get thrown into traffic and ran over or head first into a tree or something?

punkr6
05-03-2009, 10:28 PM
who said the car is gonna burn? and suppose u get thrown into traffic and ran over or head first into a tree or something?
LOL, I'll take my chances.

Miranda
05-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Yeah, exactly... oh, and let's not forget all the extra taxpayer dollars that have to be spent on cleaning someone up off the pavement... and all the extra time that it takes, keeping roads blocked and motorists PISSY!

Echonova
05-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Yeah, exactly... oh, and let's not forget all the extra taxpayer dollars that have to be spent on cleaning someone up off the pavement... and all the extra time that it takes, keeping roads blocked and motorists PISSY!The female might have a point. However since she is female I am giving her the benifit of the doubt that she is wrong.

But just to be safe put your damn seatbelt on... Seriously.

Miranda
05-03-2009, 10:45 PM
The female might have a point. However since she is female I am giving her the benifit of the doubt that she is wrong.

But just to be safe put your damn seatbelt on... Seriously.
Lolercopter....

DIAF

Echonova
05-03-2009, 10:48 PM
DIAFI've tried, but it was too hot and I started sweating... Not a pretty picture.

BTEC
05-03-2009, 11:04 PM
late night bump bc im still mad. if i try to drive normal and not be an idiot i still get bs tickets that are more expensive than speeding tickets. lose lose situation. might as well drive reckless and risk killing myself and other and make it worthwhile.

§treet_§peed
05-04-2009, 01:12 AM
gotta get money some how. B you should of just hit vtack and left his ass behind lulz

§treet_§peed
05-04-2009, 01:13 AM
You guys are overly paranoid... I drive like a complete ass everywhere I go... typically 80ish on the highways, and even in the Doraville, Norcross and Duluth areas I don't get bothered...you haz tits and a vagina. :goodjob:

BTEC
05-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Looking aorund for some stuff to help when i go to court on the 10th and found this. Exactly how i got caught but i wasnt able to see the 2 cops on the side of the road until i came over the hill and around the little curve which puts them damn near right next to me considering the speed limit was 70 mph.

"So you should know that as a result, many police agencies now routinely designate traffic enforcement units to work in pairs during patrols. While one officer is working traffic enforcement, a second officer cites drivers who fail to move-over or slow down. This proactive method of Move Over Law enforcement is resulting in more citations and more news coverage about Georgia’s lifesaving statute throughout the state."

Just look up Ga move over law and you'll find all kinda stuff.

Julio
05-25-2009, 08:45 PM
pull over that ass to fat, popo.. pull over that ass to fat..popo

Sucks bro.

Fight it.. take pic of exact location and how it all went down..

Doesnt hurt to try..

quickdodge®
05-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Fight it.. take pic of exact location and how it all went down..

Doesnt hurt to try..

Exactly, BTEC. I'm damn sure fighting my ticket next month when I hit the courthouse. Later, QD.

hondachik
05-25-2009, 09:01 PM

ooo yeah. no seatbelt = win.

because during that time my civic flipped those 3 times and i hit my head on the roof of the car before being snapped back to my seat...the seatbelt surely didn't save me from breaking my neck completely and dying....or being thrown out of the car and dying.

no wonder you have so many negs. you're a dumbass.

BTEC: You should seriously go in with a diagram, lil hot wheel cars & everything so that the judge can fully understand what happened. Or at least buy a disposable camera and do your presentation at home (with the hot wheel cars & drawing of the scenery...but also take real pics of the actual scene) and take pics to show the judge (make sure they are in order). He may actually be impressed that you went through that much trouble. I mean, if u win spending $20 is wayyy better than $500. He may throw it out or even reduce the charge. Or...maybe my idea is just gay & I want to play with toys. :(

BTEC
05-25-2009, 10:00 PM
im definitely going to fight it, i got alot of other things id rather spend $500 on instead of a "i couldnt move over" ticket. The only thing is i dont remember the exact location of where they were sitting considering it was the side of 75 south, abouth 15mins north of 475. I didnt think to look at the next exit that was in front of me due to maximum pissosity. But i know exactly how the cops were on the side of the road and around the curve, i just have to figure out how to present it to the judge and hope its not a "im not trying to hear it" type.

I actually callled the regular guys and they told me to use hot wheels cars too. lol!! I got some zip zap cars, the carrying case, the track with the cones so that might be good enough. Lol!!

Thanks for the comments everybody. I mean i used to get speeding tickets all the time and complain about paying 3 and 4 hundred dollar tickets til i realized, i did it to myself. Ill keep yawl posted on my presentation and outcome when i get back from court. i got a couple weeks to put something together.

hondachik
05-25-2009, 10:24 PM
oh your ticket doesn't it tell you the location of the ticket? usually they have to give the intersections.

BTEC
05-25-2009, 10:57 PM
oh your ticket doesn't it tell you the location of the ticket? usually they have to give the intersections.
nope. it just says 75 south. i already checked that the day after when i found out how much it was and decided to make war of this.

hseries4
05-26-2009, 11:13 AM
I was wondering when people were going to start talking about how to fight it... Definitely keep trying to figure out exactly where it was for pictures [or maybe even an aerial map] and the situation of having the van to your left. If the officer happens to show up, they can/should be able to pull the dash video from the cruiser to show that the van right there next to you.

I mean i used to get speeding tickets all the time and complain about paying 3 and 4 hundred dollar tickets til i realized, i did it to myself.
That's how I am.. To the couple of people saying not to fight it--If I get a ticket when I know I was wrong, I'll suck it up and pay the fine, but when it's some bs...you bess believe I'm not going to put up with that.

Good luck with it all!:goodjob: Just be rational and professional in your presentation and hopefully things go well

AnthonyF
05-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Fight it. You gots this. :goodjob:

-Ant.

SPOOLIN
05-26-2009, 03:58 PM
damn homie you got served. lol

tdurr
05-26-2009, 04:15 PM
so i have no idea wut the hell happend besides u got a ticket for not moving over?

someone wanna reword the first post or give me cliffs?

BTEC
05-26-2009, 04:42 PM
so i have no idea wut the hell happend besides u got a ticket for not moving over?

someone wanna reword the first post or give me cliffs?
so u do know what happened? And the ticket SHOULDVE been for "not being able to move over".

BTEC
05-26-2009, 04:43 PM
damn homie you got served. lol
so you think this is funny huh buddy?!!