PDA

View Full Version : Shop suggestion

XBLG20
03-23-2005, 11:23 PM
In yalls opinion what shop is the most knowledgeable in FWD SR20det engine and tranny swaps … also a place that can get miscellaneous tranny parts for the swap

wannab20hatch
03-24-2005, 12:01 AM
Probably Balanced Performance they deal with a bunch of nissan/infiniti stuff

HalfBaked
03-24-2005, 12:27 AM
I'd go to batlground.

They are knowledgable about anything.

They did work on my car and it turned out great!

XBLG20
03-24-2005, 01:05 AM
So far Balanced and batlground ... i mean i have the funds ... now i just need the planning and the labor

Tracy
03-24-2005, 05:28 AM
www.batlground.com

XBLG20
03-24-2005, 12:14 PM
^^^ tracy ... we need to talk sometime soon

auxiliary
03-24-2005, 01:45 PM
if you have ever worked on cars before you can do it yourself. There are tons of people on this board that have done the sr20det swap into a sentra. Hell, halfbaked and I can swap a tranny in under an hour now.

zeh, but tons, I mean like three, lol. check out www.atl-sr20.com for more info about where to get motors and stuff like that.

If you decide you want to go with a shop, I would go with www.batlground.com all the way. They're super nice and know what they're talking about when it comes to the SR motor.

WRX_STi
03-24-2005, 02:31 PM
You can try ******** They do great work. But they got a ton of work in right now. I was there today and they had like 10 cars in there being worked on.

Tracy
03-25-2005, 08:35 PM
if you have ever worked on cars before you can do it yourself. There are tons of people on this board that have done the sr20det swap into a sentra. Hell, halfbaked and I can swap a tranny in under an hour now.

zeh, but tons, I mean like three, lol. check out www.atl-sr20.com for more info about where to get motors and stuff like that.

If you decide you want to go with a shop, I would go with www.batlground.com all the way. They're super nice and know what they're talking about when it comes to the SR motor.

http://www.importatlanta.com/features/2004/sept/240/index.php
http://www.driftmechaniks.com/video/driverProfile~batlground.wmv

WRX_STi
03-26-2005, 08:39 AM
Obviously our opinion doesnt matter because if anyone mentions any other shop but IA's prescious sponsor then they delete it. SO much for getting an unbiased opinion and having options.

FDslider
03-26-2005, 09:28 AM
BATLGROUND over anyone else any day!

auxiliary
03-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Obviously our opinion doesnt matter because if anyone mentions any other shop but IA's prescious sponsor then they delete it. SO much for getting an unbiased opinion and having options.

this is true, because there are a lot of ass kissers on the board. But you have to remember, a lot of people that comment on batlground have had work there before. Just like people that have had work at topsp33d comment on their shop. Either way it's going to work out. THe only reason I would say batlground over topsp33d in this case, is because I haven't seen an SR or heard of one come from them. Doesn't mean they don't do them, it's just no one talks about them.

Everyone seems to know about batlgrounds nearly world record holding numbers with their SR, so that gives them credibility. Even if I knew nothing about them, and didn't like them....the fact would remain that they are a proven shop when it comes to working with SRs. End of subject.

And there are other shops out there that do SR things, Z1, t op spee d, finish line, to just name a few.

I suggest if looking for a shop, go to the shop, talk to the workers, ask to see dyno graphs/pictures of other cars similar to yours, ask for contacts to see if they liked the work done to their car.

If not, then go with what a internet forum tells you, if you can't figure things out for yourself.

WRX_STi
03-26-2005, 03:53 PM
I think its good people recommend shops. My problem isnt with that. My problem is that i put in t op spee d to recommend then (and yes i put in the spaces), and some moderator comes and deletes the to p spee d name like I am not allowed to mention any other shop. That is what irritated me. Not that you guys recommended battleground.

Tracy
03-26-2005, 04:06 PM
I think its good people recommend shops. My problem isnt with that. My problem is that i put in t op spee d to recommend then (and yes i put in the spaces), and some moderator comes and deletes the to p spee d name like I am not allowed to mention any other shop. That is what irritated me. Not that you guys recommended battleground.

There usually isn't a problem with people mentioning their experiences with other shops. That was the owners (Julio) decision about TS and TS alone, and the mods have to go by what he says...plain and simple. People mention all kinds of shops on here that don't sponsor this site. Stick around and you'll find out.

If you didn't have a problem with people mentoning us, then why did you bring up the "precious sponsor" thing?

WRX_STi
03-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Tracy because it had been portrayed in other threads that certain mods were trying to protect their sponsors. As I mention to you earlier I think the whole thing is stupid. And didn't know about the Julio thing till you mentioned it to me today. But I am going to drop it cause I don't want to cause a big scene.

Tracy
03-26-2005, 04:35 PM
Awesome :) . I hope it makes a little bit of sense to you now. Maybe it doesn't. It's like when I tell people that they can't go into the shop area for insurance purposes...well there are many other reasons, as well. It's just that I don't think I owe anyone an explanation about why they are not allowed in the shop...It's my shop, dammit :D. Insurance is the easiest thing to tell people and they understand that.

Tracy
03-26-2005, 05:05 PM
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=2265&highlight=batlground
Btw, XBL.

Canton_G35
03-30-2005, 01:22 AM
FYI, if a mod did it all of the mentions of the shop w/ spaces or 3s would be deleted too. The forum software has a censorship list that automatically puts **** in the place of words on the list.