PDA

View Full Version : Question...

Julio
05-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Can you travel out of the Country (US) without a passport if there is an emergency?

This is totally crazy...

Today, I went to get my passport renewed, so I had to obviously Mail my old passport which was about to expire on the 9th of May..

I only did the normal processing which can take up to a month to get the unless you do the fast processing which takes a couple of weeks to get back..

I did the Normal processing since I have no rush and have no plans to travel until July or so...

Now about 1 hour ago I get a call from my mother telling me that my Grandfather is in critical condition in Dominican Republic... This is the 2nd time they have rushed him to the hospital in less then 10 days or so.

He was living in NYC and recently returned to D.R and as soon as he return, he started working on his land and all this other crap he wasnt suppose to really be doing... Some old people are straight up stubborn and you cant tell them shit...

So anyways, In case something bad does happen, I hope not.. How can I leave the country...??

I think it may be easier to leave the state, but to return , I bet is a pain in the ass... customs in other countries are a bitch.

Bottom line is, I hope nothing bad happens.. But you just never know.

soul
05-02-2009, 02:14 PM
cant you travel with birth certificate id and ss card?

BobbyFresco
05-02-2009, 02:17 PM
cant you travel with birth certificate id and ss card?

NO...

You need a passport to reenter the coutry or to enter the countries to which you're traveling to....

Julio, have you tried looking to see if there's any way to expedite your passport ?

BobbyFresco
05-02-2009, 02:19 PM
I would look at this site and or call and speak to someone

http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/npic/npic_898.html

Julio
05-02-2009, 02:27 PM
yeah, I looked @ travel. gov... I will call them Monday and see whats up...

I'm sure I can probably get it expedited .. pay the extra fee to do so..

I hope I dont have to do none of that really which means old man got better =]

ALVIN
05-02-2009, 03:03 PM
I hope he does get better...

Even with the normal processing I got my passport in like 2 weeks from sending it in. I dunno I guess it depends on how many passport apps go in at a certain time.

Echonova
05-02-2009, 05:15 PM
I hope his health improves too, but there is no way to go without it. When I got mine I waited 2 months... But they did tell me ahead of time they were backed up when I went to get it.

One_Bad_SHO
05-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Your best bet is to drive to DC and pick it up yourself. You can have it made there. :goodjob:

HEATON
05-03-2009, 09:50 PM
It is possible to get a temp passport, it isn't a book or anthing, just paper with seal and notary. I had to get one once, when I had a no notice TDY (temp duty). Depending on the situation sometimes you have to check in with an embassy or Govt building in the location your going to, to get it verified for the way back.

ShooterMcGavin
05-04-2009, 08:21 AM
gl with things, but these days you def need that passport.

DJ Maestro
05-04-2009, 08:26 AM
In emergency situations the passport agency can process a passport request in as fast as 48 hours. At least they were able to do it for my cousin. She did have to physically go to the main office of the agency to get it done though.

Paul
05-04-2009, 08:37 AM
i would think they could get you a temp just like if you have your passport stolen/lost outside of the US, but calling is probably the best option

The Ren
05-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Hows he doing Julio?

Atlblkz06
05-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Maybe they can rush yours and overnight it to you - and you can have it by later this week?

But DO NOT leave the country without it, that is trouble! My aunt somehow managed to go to 3 different countries and came back before noticing that her passport had expired :lmfao:

collins
05-04-2009, 11:19 AM
damn julio, thats crazy man! hope your pops is ok!