PDA

View Full Version : Misc Best Nutrition/protein bars

Cliff
09-28-2005, 01:30 PM
i am gonna try cutting back on my # of meals and only eat protein/nutrition bars and yogurt but i need suggestions on which ones are best so i can go buy a couple boxes of them

SwiftGTiRacer
09-28-2005, 01:37 PM
powerbar - Oatmeal raisen is the best. Kinda dry but that just gives you a great reason to drink more water.

Swifty

SaraX5
09-28-2005, 02:25 PM
yea powerbars are the only ones that dont make you gag everytime u open the wrapper. ugh... go to the nutrition and vitamin stores or whole food markets and buy a couple single ones before u buy a box of horrendous rockhard nauseating nutrition bars.

GirlieZ
09-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Dont cut back on meals! DONT DO THAT! eat smaller meals. You need to shoot for 40 30 30 aka 40 percent protien/ 30% fat/ 30%carbs. Also try to eat a bigger breakfast with a substantial number of carbs and some protien. As the day goes onnadd protien and drop off carbs (bc u dont need that type of energy at night unless say ur humping>>hehe *angel*) But seriously eat 4 to 6 smaller meals a day. I have worked with top nutrionists at the Olympics training centers and through my cycling club at GSU.

GirlieZ
09-28-2005, 03:28 PM
a comment about energy bars, dont use them for meal replacement. Their intention is supplement while endurance training or snacks on the run. Stick to non processed foods, they are healthier.

Cliff
09-28-2005, 06:35 PM
gay i already eat about 5 meals a day but when i start working i am not gonna be able to walk around eating a chicken breast at home depot and i need somthing i can eat on the go

AznTraitor
09-29-2005, 07:39 AM
not a protein bar, but I enjoy cliff bars.....I buy a box every two weeks or so, and take them to school or out in the field.....they are tasty and fill you up.

blurred visions
09-29-2005, 12:10 PM
There is nothing wrong with a good protein bar with the right amino acids. I see it that if your taking in 35 grams of protein in one bar, then that has replaced a meal. Look into Meal Replacement Bars or protein bars. Personally I like Nitro Tech bars since they have 35 grams of protein and they have a good flavor, blueberry cheesecake. I admit, these bars aren't like your average snickers but they do give you what you want.

http://www.muscletech.com/PRODUCTS/MAIN/convenient_nutrition.shtml

Click this link and go to the nitrotech bar. Go to a nutrition store and pick up a couple flavors of these until you find the right one.

Cliff
09-29-2005, 12:20 PM
i hate candy bars....so hopefully they aren't like a snickers bar lol

GirlieZ
09-29-2005, 01:30 PM
but all these are loaded with sugars...NOT GOOD!