PDA

View Full Version : General Chat rebuilding/buying a new engine, should i do the same with tranny?

blacknightteg
05-02-2009, 06:36 AM
as the title says, yall all know that i am going to rebuild/buy an engine over the next few months, but im wondering if i should do the same to the tranny. or is the tranny that i have fine. i know when i shift it slips sometimes and is just a lil tougher to shift as time goes. is that the tranny or the clutch?

AnthonyF
05-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Building how? For N/A or boost? Your tranny should be fine either route. Just invest in a nice street clutch. Nothing to agressive where you want to chop off your leg cus it hurts after 5 minutes of traffic.

-Any.

JDMJAYDC2
05-02-2009, 09:02 AM
depends on what tranny as well if its a vtec tranny i say yes as they are harder to get in "perfect" cond. if its a ls then just buy another one used most ppl that sell those they are usually ok plus you can get them cheap from 150-350 for a ls

blacknightteg
05-02-2009, 05:46 PM
im gunna end up going boost after i rebuild one. can i used the same ls tranny and just buy a clutch? is that safe? i knwo you have to pay to play, but i just dont wana pay that much. lol.

UpSideDownDesi
05-02-2009, 07:43 PM
with boost lots of people stick with the LS tranny because of it's longer gears. Your tranny should be fine, just do a Fluid Flush, add Red Line or Motul Tranny Fluid, nice street disc with Light weight fly, and you are good to go.

Scotsman
05-02-2009, 07:50 PM
imo , if you are gonna rebulid the motor , might as well do the tranny to , only because it would save time in the long run , do it while the motor is out

Echonova
05-02-2009, 07:54 PM
as the title says, yall all know that i am going to rebuild/buy an engine over the next few months, but im wondering if i should do the same to the tranny. or is the tranny that i have fine. i know when i shift it slips sometimes and is just a lil tougher to shift as time goes. is that the tranny or the clutch?Sounds like the driver.

Kidding.

blacknightteg
05-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Sounds like the driver.

Kidding.

ah hell na!