PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my friend Josh Tumlin.

§treet_§peed
05-01-2009, 02:45 AM
He is on this board as street speed as well just without the double s, he is also on Georgiasportbike.com as well as a cbr forum. he was riding over to drop off some pictures he took of another one of my friends cars and a drunk driver pulled out in front of him. his was riding about 50-60 we were told when the drunk driver in a full sized truck pulled out in front of him and after Josh hit he ran, but was later caught because they had almost all of hall county and gainesville police looking for him. They life flighted him to Grady hospital. He has possible fractures to his neck and back, broke knee, broke arm and hand, light bleeding on his brain, bruises and scraps all over. The cops told his wife and dad it's a miracle he didn't die. I sorta feel bad because im the one that called him and asked him to bring those pictures over. i feel like if i hadn't of called him this wouldn't of happened. either way im glad he is alive. he's like my brother. anyways im going back down tomorrow as soon as i get off work. Thank you all.

Nick Jeezy
05-01-2009, 02:47 AM
damn, i hate to hear things like that.

i hope he gets better.

§treet_§peed
05-01-2009, 02:47 AM
this happened around 8-8:45 tonight.

§treet_§peed
05-01-2009, 02:48 AM
thanks man him and his wife just found out 3 weeks ago they are gonna have a baby. I had to calm her down she was screaming and shit. i know if she didn't calm down she could hurt herself and cause the kid to miscarry.

aguynamedpat
05-01-2009, 02:51 AM
Dude Im terribly sorry to hear this. He is in my thoughts for sure. Dont tell yourself its your fault bro, you can never expect something like this to happen. He is alive at this point, just hold onto that. He knows he has a baby on the way and I guarantee you that is what he is thinking about, and that is why he is still alive.

This is the reason I wont own a bike. Too many fucking retards on the road that dont look twice. Im extra careful around bikes, but I cant say the same for everyone else.

Keep us updated man.

§treet_§peed
05-01-2009, 02:53 AM
thanks guys. im told his wife Amanda to keep updating me and if anything drastic happened to call me. only reason i left is i have to be at work in 5 hours. but like i said soon as im off im going home changing and riding down there again.

BobbyFresco
05-01-2009, 07:24 AM
Damn man...That really sucks...I hope your friend recuperates and is able to lead a normal life again....

This is the precise reason why even though I want a bike really bad, I refuse to get one...

civic95
05-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Prayers sent. He is lucky to be alive. That's how one of my friends got killed instantly. Except the person wasn't drunk.

DJ Maestro
05-01-2009, 07:58 AM
It always sucks to hear when a rider goes down. Praying and sending out healing vibes for him.

§treet_§peed
05-01-2009, 08:10 AM
thanks again guys. as far as i know he is still the same.

Killer
05-01-2009, 08:39 AM
def in muh thoughts/prayers.

AirMax95
05-01-2009, 09:10 AM
Thoughts and prayers sir.

Don't hold it to yourself man; you did nothing wrong. The asshole who was drunk driving needs to be dealt with real good.

§treet_§peed
05-01-2009, 09:12 AM
Well last night when the cops spoke to us after first talking to just his wife and dad, they promised us that the guy would be punished to the extent of the law thats allowed.

Atlblkz06
05-01-2009, 09:22 AM
I hope Josh makes a quick and complete recovery.
You're a good friend for helping them out - thank you!

NVEOUS
05-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Damn dude Im sorry to hear that. I hope he makes a quick recovery.

DriVaH
05-01-2009, 09:45 AM
i will mos def say a prayer... sorry to hear about your frind man.

teh bri
05-01-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm praying.

Elbow
05-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Sorry to hear that, will be in my prayers, and hopefully a full recovery.

Brett
05-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Prayers sent. He is lucky to be alive. That's how one of my friends got killed instantly. Except the person wasn't drunk.

Yeah man, I will never forget that day when you called me right after about John :( This is why I am glad I dont have one now and I want one again but when I see this stuff, I realize I dont need it.

Kasper
05-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Its always really hard to hear that someone else went down. you cant beat yourself up over someone elses mistake. It wasnt your fault the guy was drinking and driveing. its just chance. But i hope that he makes a full recovery. and the guy gets hit with a attempted murder charge. again im sorry to hear this.. keep us updated on the progress. and keep assureing amanda that it will be alright. there gonna need all the support you can offer them right now.

GIXXERDK
05-01-2009, 10:41 AM
I know how bad he wanted to ride and how long he has waited. Its a shame this happened.. My thoughts go out to him and his family.

Princess12
05-01-2009, 11:47 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your friend! I will keep him and his family in my prayers.

Thank you for posting it up, I used to work for a Kawasaki dealership, and I will be sure to send this prayer request out to the motorsport community.

Brian*
05-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Damn dude, I'm really sorry to hear this. I will keep him in my prayers, he will pull through! And don't even think its your fault, it was the bastard driving drunk. Nothing you did affected what happened. But keep your head up, he will come around!

IMPORTchic
05-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Wow. Sucks to hear this. Hope he makes a complete recovery!

He is lucky, my cousin got hit last year on his bike by a SUV and was killed instantly.:(

ducky1177
05-01-2009, 11:59 AM
someone also pulled out in front of my cousin a little over a year ago
he lived down in griffin
the guy was drunk but they said my cousin was doing 120+
:(
afterwards they was able to put everything that was left of his bike into the front seat of the van

ill be praying for your friend and his family

Brett
05-01-2009, 12:30 PM
This is why I didnt buy a new bike again after John was killed last year

Dr.G35
05-01-2009, 12:42 PM
damn, i hate to hear things like that.

i hope he gets better.
same here. x2

SuperChicken
05-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Very sorry to hear about your friend. My best wishes and healing thoughts will be going out to him, his wife, and his child.

Much responsibility, careful attention, and anticipation is required to ride safely. But, as they say, shit happens sometimes. This event should not prevent those that want to ride from doing so; it should only make them more aware of the risks involved.

I sincerely hope he recovers and returns to his family.

browningboy7
05-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Damn man, Definately not your fault and you can't beat yourself up over it. I hope and prey he makes a full recovery and gets to see his baby give him all the troubles and headaches in the world. I'll be praying.

01CDMLUDER
05-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Sorry to hear this man. My Prayers & thoughts go out to him and his family & friends.

§treet_§peed
05-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Thank each and everyone of you for your thoughts, prayers, and concerns. I talked to his wife for about 5 minutes today. He is stable and a little talkative til the morphine knocks him out. I was gonna ride down to see him tonight but its gonna rain so im gonna have to wait til tomorrow before i go to work. But thank you again guys. I wanted to bust out crying when i seen him laying there in the trauma room. As soon as i find out more i will let you guys and girls know. Josh was the type of guy that would and still will when he makes it thru this, help anyone out that needed it. Amanda, his wife, hasn't been to sleep yet except for a few cat naps and we are all trying to get her to rest since she is preggo. But so far she is staying calm. But thank you all again. I know some of us have had our differences and arguments but thank you nonetheless thank you all.

§treet_§peed
05-01-2009, 07:23 PM
I know how bad he wanted to ride and how long he has waited. Its a shame this happened.. My thoughts go out to him and his family. it wasn't me it was him.... http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/member.php?u=18079

§treet_§peed
05-01-2009, 07:25 PM
this is the forum he posted all the time on. http://www.600rr.net/

he was also a member of a couple of DSM forums and GSB.

§treet_§peed
05-01-2009, 11:18 PM
http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=220063

§treet_§peed
05-01-2009, 11:31 PM
also i meant to update this but i have been bussy doing things around the hosue since i got home from work. He is in stable condition so far. They have been doing some test and a few MRI's and will not have any new info until some time later this morning. But so far so good all things considered.

SuperChicken
05-02-2009, 02:10 AM
Still hoping for a quick and complete recovery. Thanks for the updates.

Tech5
05-02-2009, 08:49 AM
I am soo sorry this happen....This is a case I feel for !!!! because he wasnt at fault and just liked to ride!!! Get well sooon my friend!

§treet_§peed
05-02-2009, 10:13 AM
thanks again guys. so far he is the same. Amanda, his wife, is gonna let me know when she finds out something new.

green91
05-02-2009, 10:18 AM
These stories are all to common, especially around gainesville. This is why everytime i consider buying a bike to ride to work, i reconsider. Anyway i do wish him a speedy recovery!

Atlblkz06
05-02-2009, 11:26 AM
I am soo sorry this happen....This is a case I feel for !!!! because he wasnt at fault and just liked to ride!!! Get well sooon my friend!
I definitely agree. Thanks for the update - it sounds like Josh it will be ok.

redwagon02
05-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Damn man, I just found out. Sorry to here about Josh. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

tdurr
05-02-2009, 02:14 PM

x2. my friend dropped the bike at 50-60 and slid under the car trying to avoid the crash and died instantly.

Josh + his wife is deff in my thoughts and prayers.

§treet_§peed
05-03-2009, 01:11 AM
thanks guys.. i have some new info as of this afternoon. Josh is stable and in a private room. He is finally out of the trauma unit. they are still running test and scans. the bleeding on his brain has almost stopped. they are hopping his brain is going to swell anymore so they don't have to drill it. other than that still the same. he is a bit more talkative now. i am going to try to go down tomorrow although i doubt that will happen because i have to be at work at 2

ueyedgr8tness
05-03-2009, 01:14 AM
my prayers to bro this is sad man.It makes me glad i got rid of mine:(

§treet_§peed
05-03-2009, 01:17 AM
thank you i know him and his wife appreciate the support.

Subleg4
05-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Very sorry to hear about your friend. My best wishes and healing thoughts will be going out to him, his wife, and his child.

Much responsibility, careful attention, and anticipation is required to ride safely. But, as they say, shit happens sometimes. This event should not prevent those that want to ride from doing so; it should only make them more aware of the risks involved.

I sincerely hope he recovers and returns to his family.

Agreed 100%, it def sucks that this happened to him and I wish him a speedy recovery, but like he ^^ said, shit happens sometimes, and you know the risks that come with riding a bike when you get one and it sucks but you cant let it deter you from what you love to do, which im sure he loved to ride. Riders are a different breed and it cant be explanined to a "non-rider", they just dont understand fully, but once you get that bug it cant be shaken. Once you get bucked off that bull you gotta jump back on, like anything in life, cant be scared.

Best of wishes to Josh and his wife, I pray he pulls through and is 100% when is all said and done.

§treet_§peed
05-04-2009, 01:01 AM
So i got to talk to him today for about 5 minutes before i had to go to work. He is doing great now all things considered. He kept asking me about his bike and where it was. All i could tell him is its trashed man sorry. He also wanted me to tell him what happened. He only remember leaving home then seeing the white truck then waking up in the ER. so i told him what i was told by the popo that happened. he was like fuck me damn we gotta get my bike man we gotta fix it. i was like bro its totaled. he was fuck it we'll fix it or ill get another one next week. i LOL'd so hard after that. then he was like im getting out of this bitch tonight or tomorrow one. i was like dude your not going any where for a little while. he was like nah fuck this i wanna ride next week. i was like worry about getting your body fixed then your bike. he was like nah fuck my body i wanna know if my bike is ok. i was like its trashed man. he was like i gotta get my helmet and gear back from those bitches. i was like its all trashed to man. he was like ah fuck. but he was in good spirits. im gonna try to go see him this week if the weather permits along with time.

TheProfiteer
05-04-2009, 07:00 AM
hell yeah man good to know he is doin well

§treet_§peed
05-04-2009, 09:07 AM
thank you

§treet_§peed
05-05-2009, 01:15 AM
ok so i talked to him twice today. he is doing good and talking a lot. but alo still hurting and tired. the first time i talked to him, he was like man i wish i had a car instead of the bike. then a few hours later i called again to check up on him and he was like man i can't wait to get another one asap. so i dunno. but he is getting back to himself. His back is broke so they are prolly gonna have to do some surgery. not just his back but his hand/arm and prolly his leg since his knee cap and bones went thru his leg.

Brett
05-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Glad to hear things are getting better for him, and yeah the fact he already wants to ride again is good!!

§treet_§peed
05-05-2009, 10:35 AM
thanks Bert.

The Ninja
05-05-2009, 06:35 PM
He is on this board as street speed as well just without the double s, he is also on Georgiasportbike.com as well as a cbr forum. he was riding over to drop off some pictures he took of another one of my friends cars and a drunk driver pulled out in front of him. his was riding about 50-60 we were told when the drunk driver in a full sized truck pulled out in front of him and after Josh hit he ran, but was later caught because they had almost all of hall county and gainesville police looking for him. They life flighted him to Grady hospital. He has possible fractures to his neck and back, broke knee, broke arm and hand, light bleeding on his brain, bruises and scraps all over. The cops told his wife and dad it's a miracle he didn't die. I sorta feel bad because im the one that called him and asked him to bring those pictures over. i feel like if i hadn't of called him this wouldn't of happened. either way im glad he is alive. he's like my brother. anyways im going back down tomorrow as soon as i get off work. Thank you all.

Technically speaking, if you hadn't called him he probably wouldn't have came. So it is partially your fault. You should feel like shit and cut your fucking wrists you piece of shit.

IMPORTchic
05-05-2009, 06:40 PM
wow.

Well..hope he continues to get better....

willum14pb
05-05-2009, 10:38 PM
man that's freakin terrible.. gotta be careful on those bikes man..

eraser4g63
05-05-2009, 10:39 PM
It is not your fault because regardless when something is going to happen it will happen. If he had not been coming over to your house he would have been going some where else. When it is your time there is not a damn thing you, someone's mom, or me can do about it. The fact that he survive says a lot about A. the FD and EMS that worked the wreck. B. That it was not his time to die. and C. that drunk fuck should be hung. I wish him the best he has a long road to recovery ahead of him and he needs friends and family to be there.

babygurl
05-06-2009, 05:31 AM
Wow...hope your friend gets better I am praying for him...

§treet_§peed
05-06-2009, 01:34 PM
thanks guys and girls. he had back surgery this morning. im waiting on them to call me back and let me know how it went he had to have three screws placed in his spine.

blumagic04
05-06-2009, 03:21 PM
keep ya head up and dont feel as if its your fault. You didnt know that something like that was going to happen....

Princess12
05-06-2009, 03:34 PM
thanks guys and girls. he had back surgery this morning. im waiting on them to call me back and let me know how it went he had to have three screws placed in his spine.

Keep us updated!

The Ninja
05-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Still your fault bitch.

ultm8mind
05-06-2009, 09:39 PM
sorry to hear it, hope all is well, any updates?

§treet_§peed
05-06-2009, 11:50 PM
well i just got home but i got a txt from his wife. she said back surgery went perfect. he was still knocked out but said he was ok from what the doctors told her. i will know later today when i talk to them again.

tdurr
05-07-2009, 12:10 AM
^^ good to hear! I wanna see pics of the bike if u dont mind...

§treet_§peed
05-07-2009, 09:17 AM
i dont have any sorry

streetspeed7
06-01-2009, 12:35 PM
My name is josh and i'm the one that this thread is about. from what i hear the first two days that i was in the hospital they were waiting on me to die. i don't even remember being in the hospital except like the last two day. i don't remember talking to matt about fixing or getting a new bike but with all the meds that were in my body i'm sure i was talking crazy shit. I was in the hospital for eight days, on the 8th day i walked out of there. even after the spine surgery and my leg being all messed up i still walked out of there. the doctors were calling me an alien because by body heals so fast. i don't see myself riding a bike on the road anytime soon if ever but i would ride the track all day long. Bikes are very fun but the road just isn't the place to ride anymore. most people don't give a shit for bikes. thank you everyone for caring and the prayers. here are some before and after pics of the bike.

before
http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/streetspeed7/mountainrun.jpg

after
http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/streetspeed7/DSC_0003.jpg

Kourt
06-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Damn, I don't know you but glad to see youre still alive and doing good.

nismo_92
06-01-2009, 01:12 PM
dam bro sorrey 2 hear this hope hel be ok