PDA

View Full Version : Opinions for primer/wheels

Catnip
05-01-2009, 12:56 AM
I'm 90% sure I'm going to primer it black for now, but should I paint the wheels all black, black centers, or just keep them polished? I'm working on the hardtop too, no more port-hole windows :ninja:

Here's photoshopped black with black centers

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/84_318i/1557356410_l.jpg

how it sits now...

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/84_318i/slammeder.jpg

Opinions?

browningboy7
05-01-2009, 12:57 AM
Polished /thread

Saung
05-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Hi Evan, I like the black w/ black caps or you can try painting the wheels black and paint the lips red. Is Roadster lowered? If so, what spring brand are you using? I'm thinking about painting my wheels all black. Ugly ass Maxima wheels...lol.
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa169/saungbp/DSC03049-1.jpg

tre2k
05-01-2009, 11:32 AM
i like the black centers, but the red overall looks nice.

Brian*
05-01-2009, 07:50 PM
I like both lol, I say primer the whole car black and leave the wheels alone for now

The BUCKY
05-01-2009, 08:48 PM
dude i really think you could ruin any car

Glides
05-01-2009, 11:03 PM
If you want some black wheels, get some steelies, paint em black and then put beauty bands on em. Period correct and you won't fuck up a good set of slots. Slots are getting harder and harder to come by, if you keep em, just polish em and be done with it.

I would do the car in black though. Looks good. But do it Satin, flat is harder to lay down right. Satin just lays smoothly. You aren't gonna get it professionally primed anyway, so just satin it.

Mrs. Bucky
05-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Dont primer your car paint it the right way its a nice car dont ruin it just put the time and effort in it and it will be a sweet ride!!

quickdodgeŽ
05-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Dont primer your car paint it the right way its a nice car dont ruin it just put the time and effort in it and it will be a sweet ride!!

Not everyone can afford to get their car painted all at once. Hence my car being primed right now. Not final state, but for the next few months it is.

If you want some black wheels, get some steelies, paint em black and then put beauty bands on em. Period correct

Like lil ol me? Later, QD.

Mrs. Bucky
05-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Not everyone can afford to get their car painted all at once. Hence my car being primed right now. Not final state, but for the next few months it is.

Like lil ol me? Later, QD.

Bucky has no problem helping people out with primer either. I know he would rather see someone do something the right way than put cheap shit on their car that would peal off in a year. He would help anyone out to get it the right way. Of all people we understand that most people cant afford nice stuff and we always try to help a true car enthusiast!

Elbow
05-02-2009, 01:17 AM
Polished.

quickdodgeŽ
05-02-2009, 05:51 AM
Bucky has no problem helping people out with primer either. I know he would rather see someone do something the right way than put cheap shit on their car that would peal off in a year. He would help anyone out to get it the right way. Of all people we understand that most people cant afford nice stuff and we always try to help a true car enthusiast!

I don't have cheap stuff on my car. There's nothing wrong with doing your car in stages. Mine is primed and semi-glossed until I get the money built back up to put the final touches and paint on (which will be in a about half a year). Just because you think it isn't the right way doesn't make it so. Later, QD.

Brian*
05-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Go garage zero** They have some SIC primer, the dude was telling me about how it wont wipe off on your clothes or fade over time. Talk to "PureGroove" he can hook you up with the info!

quickdodgeŽ
05-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Talk to "PureGroove" he can hook you up with the info!

AHEM!!

Lolol. Or me. Later, QD.

Echonova
05-02-2009, 08:33 PM
dude i really think you could ruin any carIma have to go with Bucky on this one...

Seriously, Evan. You can't look at the two pictures and tell yourself?

Bucky has no problem helping people out with primer either. I know he would rather see someone do something the right way than put cheap shit on their car that would peal off in a year. He would help anyone out to get it the right way. Of all people we understand that most people cant afford nice stuff and we always try to help a true car enthusiast!I will hold this statment against you forever, or untill Bucky gives me a paint job @ cost. Whichever comes first.

I have a feeling I'll be waiting a while.:(

Brian*
05-04-2009, 07:42 AM
AHEM!!

Lolol. Or me. Later, QD.

Yes QD!! You can talk to QD, sorry I forgots man lol :goodjob:

Big_Dave
05-04-2009, 01:42 PM
I like the "aged" red look and the polished slots on your car, But if your going to do a semi-gloss paint on your vehicle, you should consider the future of your car. Like Qd's civic and Puregrooves Corolla, the thought process was to strip all of the old paint jobs, and all of the old body filler from the body. Then I did some hanner and dolly work on the bad parts. Next came three coats of zinc rich corrosion resistant epoxy. This is the first step to doing an old car the correct way. Even if the paint looks decent, small dots of rust are under the paint. Ask pure groove what we found under his paint, and it looked like we could have just sanded and painted it.
By the way your 2000 has a sick stance. I want to see this thing on the road. Good luck with it bro!

WalkS
05-04-2009, 02:08 PM
I would just leave them alone. The original finish mag wheels make it look more nostalgic. I would worry about the other problems with the car.

Me86Rob
05-05-2009, 12:28 AM
hey CgFailure....why dont you worry about getting a transmission for your car first :ninja:

lol jk man. red is FTW. Satin black is so over played in the old school community these days.

Brian*
05-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Just leave it how it is... get the bitch running and driving first

Arm&hammer
05-06-2009, 04:33 PM

x2.
as long as its running why the hell would you care what it looks like.

trundog
05-07-2009, 01:38 AM

+1
that's a sick ride

batmanspawn
05-11-2009, 01:56 AM
thats a smooth green car