PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE

CompEngineer
04-30-2009, 08:51 PM
I own a 1990 Honda Civic LX Sedan. Ill try to be as detailed as possible with my situation.

I was driving home to Ellijay from Atlanta. I was coming to a red light, I pushed in the clutch and started breaking. I looked down at my RPMs and they were sitting at zero. And wouldn't crank up. I took off the Valve cover and the timing belt is still attached and my brother said the camshaft moves when I try to crank it. We then discovered there was oil in the sparkplug chamber. We thought this was causing it not to spark. I replaced all 4 sparkplugs and the valve cover gasket and the sparkplug rings. Still no good. It makes a winding noise when I try to crank it and we have determined so far that this is the starter making this noise. The next thing I discovered is the "rotor" (if you will) on the distributor doesn't spin when I try to start the car. Any help would be greatly appreachiated. Ill asnwer any questions that you may have to the best of my knowledge. I just wanna know what wrong with my car so I dont sink money into a thousand things that aren't going to fix my problem. Lol

Im sorry if none of this makes since as far as my wording for parts that im trying to explain. I tried to make sure I was as accurate as possible.

Scotsman
04-30-2009, 08:53 PM
try a different dizzy

CompEngineer
04-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Hate to ask but whats a dizzy? Lol. Sorry.

Scotsman
05-01-2009, 05:52 AM
distributor

CompEngineer
05-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Ok. Thank you very much.

Scotsman
05-01-2009, 07:21 PM
anytime

whatever210
05-02-2009, 11:22 PM
check ur belt 4 missing teeth to make sure it didnt skip timing