PDA

View Full Version : Here's my first PhotoShop "attempt" Any advice?

BexSican 408
04-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Just got bored and wanted to play around with my computer and this is what happened ha.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to this so anything will help. Thanks! :cheers:

*EDIT*

There is no objective here or anything in particular I was trying to accomplish other than me wasting time, and ending up with a product that I thought turned out pretty well.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l140/davidbexley/NikeLAX.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l140/davidbexley/NikeLAX1.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l140/davidbexley/NikeLAX3.jpg

The last one is considered my "Final Copy." It was my favorite.

bandydesign
04-30-2009, 05:16 PM
you know if you use the magic wand tool, you can remove that black behind the logo.

If you did that, I might prefer the first one. I would suggest a different font... simply a suggestion.

Clever!:D

james
04-30-2009, 06:50 PM
not entirely sure what your goal was. honestly adding text and desaturating the background isn't a lofty goal whatsoever. mess around with people asking for help with their cars. at least then you would have an objective.

BexSican 408
04-30-2009, 07:21 PM
you know if you use the magic wand tool, you can remove that black behind the logo.

If you did that, I might prefer the first one. I would suggest a different font... simply a suggestion.

Clever!:D

Yeah, I don't know that tool ha i looked for something like that forever ha but all I could think of was the magnetic lasso and just do that for all the lines or w/e but yeah, The first and last were my 2 favorites. They were the most different I guess you could say.

not entirely sure what your goal was. honestly adding text and desaturating the background isn't a lofty goal whatsoever. mess around with people asking for help with their cars. at least then you would have an objective.

Well thanks for the "advice." It was simply something I did while I was bored and I wanted to see what people thought about it. I don't really know what the fuck I'm doing on PS so I just messed around and found this. And its not desaturated, It's black and white and I adjusted the colors :2up: Dick. But yeah, maybe I'll take my free time back to the "Car Pics" thread. Sorry for coming in here and trying to get acquainted with this section of the site.

And I'm not a bitch, or complaining, or w/e you're going to come back on here and say. I simply don't get why you need to speak. You would have been better off not posting anything. But thanks for the help. I'll edit the post so people like you "understand my goal/objective."

To anyone who follows this, just don't say anything if youre going to tell me I suck at PhotoShop because I do. I don't need you reminding me. Thanks.

And if you have something positive/helpful to say, by all means let me know what you think. :goodjob:

golf_mk2
04-30-2009, 07:24 PM
awsome, nice dude

Bus Driver J
04-30-2009, 07:32 PM
LOL. Dont mind james, he goes to "art school". Im glad he has never critiqued any of my work cause I might have to slap a bitch....

The only issues I see are the low quality of the original picture and the black background to the logo. ((The magic wand tool is the forth one down on the tools list.)) Other than that I think it looks good. But I suck at PS, Im a newb to it myself. For practice I make random people signatures, even if they dont ask. It kind brushens up on your skills and teaches you new tools.

james
04-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I don't know that tool ha i looked for something like that forever ha but all I could think of was the magnetic lasso and just do that for all the lines or w/e but yeah, The first and last were my 2 favorites. They were the most different I guess you could say.

Well thanks for the "advice." It was simply something I did while I was bored and I wanted to see what people thought about it. I don't really know what the fuck I'm doing on PS so I just messed around and found this. And its not desaturated, It's black and white and I adjusted the colors :2up: Dick. But yeah, maybe I'll take my free time back to the "Car Pics" thread. Sorry for coming in here and trying to get acquainted with this section of the site.

And I'm not a bitch, or complaining, or w/e you're going to come back on here and say. I simply don't get why you need to speak. You would have been better off not posting anything. But thanks for the help. I'll edit the post so people like you "understand my goal/objective."

To anyone who follows this, just don't say anything if youre going to tell me I suck at PhotoShop because I do. I don't need you reminding me. Thanks.

And if you have something positive/helpful to say, by all means let me know what you think. :goodjob:

well, i thought i was actually being quite nice. I am not sure why you called me a dick or had to include the " :2up: ". People like me? wtf does that even mean?

you little kids come in here expecting everyone to say nice shit about your work. I think your lacross things are OK at best. They are not the nicest things that have come through here. If you can't handle a little criticism then don't fucking post your shit. Simple. I wasn't trying to be a dick. I don't wake up everyday and try to see whose thread I can take a shit in. I try to be honest. I expect everyone to be honest when I post stuff up - its rare that I share stuff online, but when I do - I expect a full on critique. There is no way to churn out better results if everyone tells you your work is phenomenal - then you will just keep churning out shit for the rest of your life.

Bus Driver J
04-30-2009, 08:01 PM
Wow, that was a very touching post James. I almost cried.....

stillaneon
04-30-2009, 08:15 PM

Umm what do you think desaturate is??

It is a clever line. Just keep playing with it.

There a ton of PS help sites online

imbosile
04-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Umm what do you think desaturate is??

It is a clever line. Just keep playing with it.

There a ton of PS help sites online

I was just about to say this lol.

BexSican 408
04-30-2009, 08:26 PM
well, i thought i was actually being quite nice. I am not sure why you called me a dick or had to include the " :2up: ". People like me? wtf does that even mean?

you little kids come in here expecting everyone to say nice shit about your work. I think your lacross things are OK at best. They are not the nicest things that have come through here. If you can't handle a little criticism then don't fucking post your shit. Simple. I wasn't trying to be a dick. I don't wake up everyday and try to see whose thread I can take a shit in. I try to be honest. I expect everyone to be honest when I post stuff up - its rare that I share stuff online, but when I do - I expect a full on critique. There is no way to churn out better results if everyone tells you your work is phenomenal - then you will just keep churning out shit for the rest of your life.

Yeah, my bad. I know no one's trying to shit on anyone's thread. I misunderstood what you meant by your comments. And I can completely take a criticism for what it's worth, but the way you said it made it sound like I was saying my shit was perfect. haha which it is FAR FROM. (as you can see from the title of the thread, this is the first little picture I've put together) Thanks for the "honest" advice and the "Good" rating though. ha. I'm not tryin to be a dick any more than you are. I guess it just frustrated me due to the misunderstanding. but I'm cool ha. Sorry about that.:cheers:

&& Yeah, I know the quality sucks. I can't really get a clear picture of it because it's on a website to buy so its copywrighted and blocked from copy/pasting. so yeah, i had to zoom in on the screen from FireFox and take a screen shot and crop it out ha. that's what the original first picture was on the thread.

Anyways, thanks everyone :goodjob:

I'll stop with the Essay's now haha i feel like all I'm doing is :blah::blah::blah:

Brian*
05-04-2009, 05:43 PM
At first it was all like : :rant: :fire:

And now its all like ::surrender :kiss:

:dunno:

lol, anyway good work for your first time*