PDA

View Full Version : How about a "Road Race/Time Attack/Auto-x" section?

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 07:06 PM
So KF is all butt hurt b.c people talk about using all three pedals in there forum so how about make a section just for the people that like to turn?

We have the competition section which is more for posting up pro racing events and info, but nothing for talking track events.

Whats everyone's take on this?

EJ25RUN
04-29-2009, 07:09 PM
There is.

Its called Competition.

Its not my fault IA members dont take advantage of it even though people like you and Simon discuss NASA and SCCA events.

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 07:11 PM
im guess you didnt read what I posted....

The "competition" section seems to be more for everything such as drag, drift, road racing. And all that gets posted in there is F1 and ALMS etc stuff.

EJ25RUN
04-29-2009, 07:16 PM
And all that gets posted in there is F1 and ALMS etc stuff.
No. That is stuff i post because i am interested in it and follow it religeously.

You can be the one that post more amateur motor sport and get local people that participate in it to post about it.

Again, just cause i post a lot in a section doesn't mean that section belongs to a certian type of racing.

As far as i'm concerned, drifting, drag racing, and anything OUTSIDE OF STREET RACING can go into comp.

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 07:25 PM
i look at the comp section as a place to discuss the world of pro racing. This can be anything from road racing, to NASCAR, to power boats, and so on...

I would like to see a section where people can discuss what happen at an event, or ask about what would be the best tire pressures (just an example) for there car.

EJ25RUN
04-29-2009, 07:28 PM
i look at the comp section as a place to discuss the world of pro racing. This can be anything from road racing, to NASCAR, to power boats, and so on...

I would like to see a section where people can discuss what happen at an event, or ask about what would be the best tire pressures (just an example) for there car.
But that is what general tech is for.

Unless you want a racing tech sub forum to be added under comp.

Kinda like what WTF is to car pics.

Is that what you want?

If so, i don't believe enough IA people would be interested. Remember, we are a minority on this site.

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 07:37 PM
no.

EJ25RUN
04-29-2009, 07:38 PM
no.
well....explain.

PURP
04-29-2009, 07:40 PM
I agree with both. Let me try to get out what Matt is wanting. The kills forum is about doing races on the street or at the strip. I think matt is wanting a section on the same base, but for track day call outs and mountain run call outs. Like a Corner Kils Forum, so to speak

Did that help you any, Matt. I try to help fellow corner demons.

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 07:47 PM
I agree with both. Let me try to get out what Matt is wanting. The kills forum is about doing races on the street or at the strip. I think matt is wanting a section on the same base, but for track day call outs and mountain run call outs. Like a Corner Kils Forum, so to speak

Did that help you any, Matt. I try to help fellow corner demons.

somewhat yes.

I know EJ said, oh thats what the tech section is for. Im sorry, but most track guys dont go look in that section for people who have a question about race pads, or safety stuff. I would just like to see a section for the triple footers.

Something kinda like on bimmerforums. One section for racing that you watch and follow, and another section for the racing that you do (road racing, TT, autox, rally-x, etc)

EJ25RUN
04-29-2009, 07:57 PM
somewhat yes.

I know EJ said, oh thats what the tech section is for. Im sorry, but most track guys dont go look in that section for people who have a question about race pads, or safety stuff. I would just like to see a section for the triple footers.

Something kinda like on bimmerforums. One section for racing that you watch and follow, and another section for the racing that you do (road racing, TT, autox, rally-x, etc)

That's a better description.

I still think it could be consolidated into competition.

I think Comp's original purpose was for the "racing that you do" crowd.

I came in and turned it into a pro motorsport discussion section.

Just for reference, could you send me a link of the bimmerforums sections you are talking about so i can see them first hand?

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 07:58 PM
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/

here is the link.

EJ25RUN
04-29-2009, 08:03 PM
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/

here is the link.

I see how the two racing types are split.
That's not a bad idea. It will let the autoxers to find what they want in between my cluster of motorsport news.

I just feel like Bimmerforums will have the crowd to support such a section with traffic.

I don't think IA has enough people that would participate in that section. I might be wrong but i get this view from the majority of IA posters being 1/4 mile minded and having never been at an Autox or any other "driving" events.

I do like Bimmerforums setup though. Let me think about it some more on how it would work.

quickdodgeŽ
04-29-2009, 08:06 PM
im guess you didnt read what I posted....

The "competition" section seems to be more for everything such as drag, drift, road racing. And all that gets posted in there is F1 and ALMS etc stuff.
It's you who doesn't understand. Just because no one posts much about what you like to read, doesn't mean the section isn't for that. The COMPETITION section is just for that. Competition. However it my be had. Later, QD.

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 08:08 PM
It's you who doesn't understand. Just because no one posts much about what you like to read, doesn't mean the section isn't for that. The COMPETITION section is just for that. Competition. However it my be had. Later, QD.

Ok, well how about a name change and another section made?

"Professional Motorsports" and "Road Race/ Time Attack/ Auto-x"

EJ25RUN
04-29-2009, 08:22 PM
I looked over comp section again and i don't see how it is not working in its current state.

If you compare stuff you or Simon post, you get significantly more responses and views when compared to my news articles.

That means that those that want to find information about that stuff have a means by which to do so. Consider Big Baller's time attack thread.

edit...made it readable.

quickdodgeŽ
04-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Ok, well how about a name change and another section made?

"Professional Motorsports" and "Road Race/ Time Attack/ Auto-x"

I don't see how that's necessary. There's nothing wrong with the way it sits. My opinion of course, but I just don't see the needed change and addition. Later, QD.

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 08:30 PM
well i would just like to see to separate sections really.

EJ25RUN
04-29-2009, 08:33 PM
well i would just like to see to separate sections really.
I'll look some more things up and see if it makes sense to do that for this site.

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 08:35 PM
im super tired of flipping through everything to get to the track stuff. If I want to go look at Nur 24 stuff, i go to the pro section, if I want to see and discuss how pts4 autocross event went, i go to the RR/TT/autoX section

quickdodgeŽ
04-29-2009, 08:36 PM
I'll look some more things up and see if it makes sense to do that for this site.

I don't see how. Competition is competition. There's no need to break everything down to it's simplest form. Later, QD.

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 08:39 PM
I don't see how. Competition is competition. There's no need to break everything down to it's simplest form. Later, QD.

Then why do we have a section for old school ride? Why cant they be in the same area as everyone else? Or the killsforum...that is competition, why not move them?

EJ25RUN
04-29-2009, 08:41 PM
It would if this site had the traffic for both.

I don't think it has.

I realize that Matt and a few others have to scroll through but a few people isn't enough to split it up.

Better organization from those that care enough about it is what is needed here.

81911SC
04-29-2009, 08:42 PM
No need imo

matthewAPM
04-29-2009, 08:46 PM
It would if this site had the traffic for both.

I don't think it has.

I realize that Matt and a few others have to scroll through but a few people isn't enough to split it up.

Better organization from those that care enough about it is what is needed here.

The thing is, there is actually a ton of guys who are looking for this stuff but are tired of all these pages and are going to different forums to do there discussing.

I say we give it a shot. If it doesnt create the traffic we are looking for...its gone